Montgomery Eldercare at Eastway - Silver Spring, MD

The home shown did not have an opening but the owner met us and took us to their other home nearby. We did tour both homes and both were amazing. The one with the opening was our first choice, and it was excellent in every way, except that when it came down to the price, mother couldn't afford it. It would have definitely been worth every cent though if she could have. Wonderful family run home, excellent care, dietary, medical care. The facility is mega-roomy, well lit, desirable in every way, residents not being over-stimulated or dumbed down by a TV being on constantly. House furnishings top-notch, clean,spacious, yard care excellent, lots of outside room. Wish we could have picked this one. If you have the money, go for it!!! Your loved one will thrive here. We asked about negotiating down on price, but it wouldn't have been enough for Mom's budget.

Mom's Good Care

I like this community for the care for my mom. The staff is very caring and attentive to her needs. I like knowing that she is happy with the menu that is offered. The environment is good for her and I like knowing that she is happy here. They do have activities that are the offered to the residents that want to participate. We would recommend this community for families to tour for the care of a loved one for care and value for a loved one.

I do not want to leave home.

My mother has dementia and Alzheimer's. This disease involves loss of memory, loss of bodily functions and the ability to dress, bath and feed one’s self, so she needs 24 hour per day care.
When my mom became ill, I did not know where to turn. Mom wanted to stay in her home but as time went on it became clear she could not do a simple task. So I started looking for a place that she could afford and that would take care of her. I searched for over a year in Maryland and Virginia for a place that would take care of my mother and I would feel good about leaving her there. I found such a place at Montgomery Eldercare in Silver Spring, Maryland. She has been there for almost two years now and is thriving. The dementia has not and will not improve, but her physical health is good. She has care, warmth, comfort and dignity. She is dressed, bathed, fed 3 meals per day and groomed every day. The patients are monitored daily and any issues that come up are addressed quickly with the relatives.
This is an assisted living resident house for 1 to 5 people with 24/7 care, meals, bathing, cleaning, laundry and much more. They are opening a second place soon.
I recommend Montgomery Eldercare for your love ones, they disserve the best care.

I have placed my mother with Montgomery Eldercare in April 2015. She is doing well and is being well taken care of. My mother is 83 and has dementia and could no longer live on her own. When I saw this coming I looked long and hard for over a year for the right place. We were not aware of single family homes that cared for the elderly people. We visited well over 20 places and the best fit for my mom was Montgomery Eldercare. She is well taken care of, she has 3 meals a day plus snacks, is dressed, bathed, groomed, helped around, taken for walks and much more. My mom is happy there and to her that is her home. I cannot thank Montgomery Eldercare enough for what they have done. I think they should open more places like the one on Eastway Drive in Silver Spring, Maryland.

2013 EXCELLENCE AWARD AS RATED BY FAMILIES.
WE HAVE BEEN RATED DEFICIENCY FREE BY THE STATE AND COUNTY INSPECTIONS.