Well, SMH, I really hate to be negative but I must tell the truth. I am a previous tenant of Maple Point Apartments. It was not a nice place to live. The building is outdated, old amenities, the elevators are nasty and raggedy. The carpeting in the common areas are filthy. There are a lot of rude tenants their. The office staff is very unprofessional, the security staff are all 2nd chance program employees. The dogs urinate and drop feces all over the elevator and the building. It was so noisy , the elevators stayed broke. They stopped screening people and they except anybody that needed a place to stay as long as they came with a check. There are bed bugs, roaches in some apartments. The building is very transit. Their is always something broken, on one of the hottest days of the year Memorial Day the air conditioning was broken for several days. Eventho, I must give them some credit, they do try to correct the problems after the fact but it’s not a place or residence that I would recommend . I would only rate them on a scale from 1 thru 5, five bring the highest and 1 being the lowest, I would rate them 2 stars. If you are thinking about moving their , GOOD LUCK ! Because you will certainly need it.

Find somewhere else

OK, been here more than a year; the building has issues with disrespectful residents who do whatever they want to do without any direction, correction nor censure from management...the latter avoids the "tough stuff."

Not well managed

I've been here not long and see that the management office staff is not informed of things that are part of their roles' knowledge, e.g. leases, governing federal, state and city statutes, attention to detail, etc. The reaction is to put the onus on a complaining resident, rather than the resident who is causing issues and who violates lease terms. I suppose that they think the former is easier. There are quite a lot of friendly residents; there are those with the attitude of "I've been here x number of years and I'll do what I want to do." It's easy to see that maintenance issues have been postponed, for example the damage around the door frame (missing plaster, etc.) in the "community room's exit near Wells St. Apt. doors loaded with scratches. Elevators that are banged and with damaged wood trim. Bad paint job in my apt. Defective electric outlets. What! No one sees these things? Well, lease terms and the CRLTO allow a repair and deduct (of repair expenses from rent) when reported issues are not remedied in 30 days. I'll bet that no one here has ever used that before. Too many people have told me that they present issues, which are then ignored. There are 342 apts., a large building.

Overall and expected continued improvements at Maple Pointe Apts in 2016.

I have been a resident of Maple Pointe Apts for 9 years...happily. The new (2/2016) management company has allowed the onsite Property Mgr. and her staff to respond quickly to resident concerns where at all possible.
The building Owner, however, remains resistant to major improvements which themselves are now fewer in number. The efforts of the Residents' Association made a few inroads with the Owner to the benefit of all residents.
The cleanliness of the Building has improved remarkably. New common area rugs were welcomed; the promised new washing machines in the bldg's Laundry room are awaited in 60 days. We'll see.
The diversity and friendliness of residents is wonderful. The security and maintenance staff impressive. I very much am pleased to be living at Maple Pointe Apts.

Nightmare

Having lived here for over a decade now, I have come to the conclusion that this place is in dire need of serious help. Dirty is not the right word for it........disgustingly filthy is more like it. Tenants are out of control, [removed], broken elevators, Cabrini Green left overs for furniture, if something isn't nailed down.........it is [removed] before right before your eyes. The management company does not give one second of their time or the taxpayers money to fix this place. Owners could care less what happens here as long as the money keeps rolling in for fill their bank accounts. Staff are rude and out of sight most of the time........

Any one wants to live here be warned..........I am so out of here as soon as possible. I would not put my worst enemy here that is how ugly this place really is.

MAple Pointe Apartments...one of the best places to call home.

Maple Pointe Apartments has some of the nicest residents, security personnel including Ms. Longay at the front desk, and activities in the building. I was grateful to be a resident and even more grateful for Mr. R. Chambers and the administrative staff. Other than a few negative experiences with maintenance personnel, my stay was rewarding. Thank you God for Maple Pointe Apartments.

I don't know how every thing else is but what I have already seen and know of the building when I come to visit my brother I love it and would like to live there plus he loves it there.

I liked it and I was ready ...

I liked it and I was ready to move, but my funding dried up. I give it four stars.

Great location, good price, ammenitie...

Great location, good price, ammenities are scarce, allows pets. This is one of my top 5 choices.

It sounds great, I would love to live...

It sounds great, I would love to live here, but the rent is to high for me. The Director said when I become 62 they have a program section 8 and I would be able to get on that list.

At Maple Pointe Apartments, life begins at 55! Chances are, if you are age 55 or over, you are ready for more freedom and more fun! Maple Pointe is within walking distance to a variety of restaurants and shopping to your hearts content, located in the “Gold Coast” neighborhood of Chicago. Each one-bedroom apartment boasts an impressive “wall of windows” for spectacular views of Chicago! If you would like to make Maple Pointe your new home, please call us to make sure you qualify and find out about our current rent specials!