Love and Hope - Edmonds, WA

Mom is treated like a queen

Mom lived in four assisted-living facilities before coming to Love and Hope Adult Family Home in March of 2015. The care she receives there far surpasses anything she experienced in those four prior facilities. She is not treated like a patient or a client--she is treated like a beloved member of their family. They feed her lovely home-cooked meals, make sure she is always properly groomed (she has gone blind and cannot do this herself), they keep her physically active with daily exercise, and they keep her mentally active with daily games of Trivial Pursuit and with stimulating conversations about local and world events. The other residents are always folks who are carefully chosen to make sure that they will get along with each other and that they will not create a dangerous or upsetting atmosphere for anyone living there. I really could not be more pleased.

This place is the best

My mom loves it at Love and Hope. They are so kind and gentle with her and they never leave her waiting when she needs assistance. She also raves about [removed]'s cooking! It always smells so good when I'm there that I wish I could move in, too! I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Mom is treated like a queen

This lovely, caring place was the answer to my mother's prayers--and to mine. Mom went blind around [Removed] and the care she was receiving in her assisted living facility was, frankly, terrible. She moved into Love and Hope in [Removed] and she's been so much happier and healthier ever since. The home-cooked meals are wonderful and the place is so clean you could eat off the floors! Mom gets physical exercise and mental stimulation daily. They see to it her hair is clean and combed and they even bring in a hairdresser to trim it as needed. She gets manicures and pedicures, too. She is treated like a queen and she loves it! I would highly recommend this place.

Thanks for your superb care.

I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful care you gave my mom.She loved you so.She got excited about her food and she loved your meals! You were so kind and gentle with her.I know she could be difficult at times,but you always treated her with respect and she was very aware of that.She felt so secure and safe in your home.I miss her so much.But i know she is so happy with Jesus and my sister.Thanks again for your superb care.

[Removed]

would not recommend anyone to go here

At first when I checked out "Love and Hope". The place seemed very nice. It was clean and smelled like good food cooking. They seemed eager for my dad to stay there, saying that they take care of people until the end of life. My brother made the comment that they were nice, but seemed like used car salesmen.

After the first night he was there, they told me he wasn't a good match for their place. He hade woke up several times the night before and woke other clients. They were extremely rude saying that I didn't know my father (who I talked on the phone every day and an over night visit weekly). I thought it was terrible they were only giving my dad, who was 93 and had always lived on his own 1 night to adjust to his new environment.

We decided to take him out of there, but before we were able to I was visiting him in his room. Laura came back to the room and harassed me by saying I was a problem, and that they would only talk to my brother. I was trying to avoid her and just visit my dad. She was the most unsympathetic, rude person I have ever encountered.

I would not recommend this place.

We want you to know our motivation and method of operation in our adult family home. The best way we could think of to get our message across was to put it in our name. Our agency, Love and Hope Adult Family Home, offers your family member love and hope in everything that we offer and in everything that we do. Located in lovely Edmonds, Washington, our senior living facility is 100% wheelchair accessible. Private and semi-private bedrooms are available, and there are cable TV and telephone jacks in each room. Our yards are beautifully landscaped and surrounded by a fence. They are large enough to navigate safely and comfortably in a wheelchair or with a walker. We pride ourselves on our freshly prepared home-cooked meals. Good nutrition for our senior citizens is a high priority for us. We serve three mouth-watering meals daily, snacks are available all through the day, and we feed those who need assistance during meals. Our senior care services are available 24 hours a day. We provide assistance with personal hygiene and grooming, incontinence management, and mobility. We also provide our elderly community with diabetes and stroke care. We specialize in AlzheimerÆs and dementia care. Independent living is as important to us as it is to your loved one. We offer activities that help them to remain functional and engaged. We have parties, Bible studies and book readings. We encourage exercise and conversation. Our visiting nurse and doctor help our residents to feel good, and our visiting beautician helps them look good! Our assisted living facility also offers rehabilitation services, pharmacy services, and helps our residents safely manage their medications. If you want peace of mind knowing that your aging family member is surrounded by an atmosphere of love and hope, please call us.