LifePointe Village at Southaven - Southaven, MS

Not a safe community!

LifePointe Village at Southaven is a beautiful newer facility. My loved one had a large room including a kitchenette and living room. The community had high turnover and it reflected in the lack of care they provided. The staff would not ensure my loved one had eaten they would just assume that they were not hungry. Our loved one left the community a few times going completely unnoticed by the staff. Our loved one was found by a major road by a Good Samaritan.

Why we chose LifePointe

We visited ten different facilities to find a place for my mom and sister. Some facilities were very close to where we live and would have been very convenient. But, when we walked into LifePointe, which is a thirty minute drive, we knew it was THE place for our loved ones. Everyone was very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The residents were all over the place enjoying themselves doing different activities. LifePointe has physical and occupational therapy on site, as well as a nurse practitioner. There is also a full-time activities director who is fabulous. The staff made us feel right at home and when it came time to decide we based our decision on where we, ourselves, would like to live and LifePointe was the place.

Very disappointed with LifePointe Village.

Be very, very careful when selecting a care facility for your loved one. My family member was at this facility for over a year. Many incidents occurred throughout the stay that gave me reason to question the staff. Examples: laundry was not done properly or timely, housekeeping on the apartment was not the greatest, clothing was lost or stolen, meds were found left on the counter in the apartment on several occasions, etc. The staff is very friendly, however, now that it is over, I tend to believe that all of their "friendliness" was a "front". They are supposed to check on your family member every 2 hours, but they don't. The facility has a very big turnover in resident assistant staff and nurses, and are short-staffed as well. I regret that I chose this facility for my loved one.