Lakehouse On Dixie - Pearland, TX

I toured this community

I went on a tour here the staff was nice and helpful. They answered all my questions. It seemed to be clean.They had paneling on the walls I felt it was a fire hazard. If you were mobile this is a good fit. I recommend families tour many places before choosing.

Sarita Lee

Thank you for your review. All of our beautiful wood paneling has been treated with a fire retardant as is required by the state.

Can't do shots for mom

A beautiful view!!

In the beginning, my loved one was having a hard time adjusting, but now she seems to be doing a lot better. They all serve food that is frozen. It could be because the residents could feed themselves and they are encouraging them to eat on their own as long as they can with easy foods. The caregivers are very friendly and the home has a beautiful view of the lake. There is a sliding glass door in my mother's room and that is a plus because she loves to look out the window. My advice is that you have to go visit and be there as often as you can in any place you chose for your loved one because the more you go, the better care your loved one gets. The girls on the day shift are very friendly and personable. It is an older place with a lot of windows and the view is beautiful, the place does not smell.

Sarita Lee

Thank you for the review. At Lakehouse On Dixie, on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday we serve a big breakfast. These include biscuits,pancakes,waffles,sausage,egg,toast,fruit etc. etc. Three days out of the week Monday, Wednesday and Friday we serve grits,cereals, oatmeal, fresh fruit and toast.
Our lunches are our big meals of the day. They are home cooked. We have meatloafs, spaghetti's, lasagnas, roasts, tacos, stews, soups, chicken, beef,, fish etc etc. We serve a wide variety. At lunch there are two vegetables and a dessert also bread or rice served with each meal.
At the 2 PM snack we have dessert.
Our dinner meal is our small meal of the day. We serve sandwiches, soups, salads, chicken nuggets, corn dogs etc. etc.
At 7 PM is a second snack time. During this time, it is a small snack and milk before bed.

Top choice!

When I toured the Lakehouse on Dixie, we really liked it, had it not been for the location we would have moved my mother there. Around this community, the area is really building up and here is a lot of construction so it would be far and hard to get to for us. Other than that it is a very nice place.

Great Option for Assisted Living

Lakehouse on Dixie is a smaller residential facility for assisted living seniors. It has a 'homey' feel compared to the larger facilities that are so institutional feeling.
I believe my mother-in-law is receiving excellent care and her caretakers take a personal interest in her well-being. It is a great option for those needing some assistance to live a fulfilling life.

Home away from home

My husband and I placed his father, who had Parkinsons, in Lakehouse on Dixie, in September of 2015. We had interviewed and toured eight different facilities before we found Lakehouse. Sarita was very upfront with the type of care they would be able to provide, and what we could expect. There were no surprises, and her home was exactly what we were looking for. Her staff took a wonderful interest in our father, and us, from the day he arrived, until the day he passed, 7 months later. They became attached to him, as they do all of their residents. He could not have been in a more caring, loving, safe, clean, comfortable, facility. Though we visited often, they still notified us of daily happenings through calls and texts. Hospice came in during his last three months and also provided excellent care. I highly recommend Lakehouse to anyone who is looking for a smaller personal care home. You will not find this kind of care in a nursing home, and It is also reasonable in price. Placing our dad in a care home was the hardest decision we had to make, as he had been very independent for 86 years. We spent several hours interviewing Sarita! Lakehouse provided that sense of security, trust, respect, and care that confirmed we were placing him in the best place possible to take care of his needs. We were grateful we did, and had a wonderful experience at Lakehouse.

Daughters-2016

When the time came for my sister and I to find assisted living for our Mother, we were happy to find Lakehouse on Dixie. It is a home and not a big facility, which we found appealing. Even though Mother was not happy about going to assisted living, with her changing health condition it was necessary but it was still a hard decision. It is always clean, the workers are friendly and caring. It is a good location and the lake gives a good view which the residents seem to enjoy.

Happy with decision

This facility provides excellent care to the residents, frequent contact with family, appropriate interaction with the residents in a warm, home-like environment. The ownership interacts with families to ensure that the needs of the family and the needs of the residents are met. The facilities are comfortable, clean and cozy. There is an appropriate staff to resident ratio so your family member isn't lost in the shuffle. This is the second facility I've placed my father in, and I am happy with my decision, and so is he.

Not trained to handle ALZ residents

Mom was only there a few days before we moved her. From day one it was one complaint after another from the owner. First it was the bed we brought in. We were told not only was it too big, but our mother must have a hospital bed. So we rented one and had it brought in. Then it was that it took her entire staff of 3 people during the day shift to get mom out of the wheel chair and onto the toilet. I watched one day and yes it did take all three, however I will state that in that bathroom was a window where if a handrail had been, it would have helped mom get out of the chair and give her something to hold on to when sitting down/getting up. Instead, she would have had to reach backwards to find the handrail which was located awkwardly further back than normal and something a person with ALZ would not be able to comprehend.

Please understand, my mom had fallen and broken 6 ribs prior and had been in rehab. She was very scared of falling again. Plus she has ALZ, which the owner was made aware of. However neither the owner nor anyone from the home came out to evaluate out mother.

The one time I met the owner, she kept standing behind me staring at me like she was waiting for something. Never once did she ask if I had something for her or mention that she was expecting a check. I was not the one bringing it to her so I knew nothing about it. I was there visiting with Mom and checking up on her to see how she was doing. The owner called the sister who set up everything and was upset because I had not left her a check. Again, I knew nothing about the arrangement. I was just there visiting.

We were at the hospital trying to work out the care for our father who there with a stroke. The owner felt like it was not going to work out with our mother, so she gave us 30 days and offered to refund 50% if we found something by mid month. We found another home like Lakehouse were our mother is doing great. On her good days, it only takes one person to help our mom to the bathroom. And they don't keep her in a wheelchair. She is walking with her walker and their assistance.

I'm not saying Lakehouse is a bad place for your parents. But they are not trained to handle people with ALZ. Overall the attendants were very friendly; just not properly trained. The house was clean and the staff was friendly.

Take your parent with you or have the owner come evaluate your parent before you pay the money and expense of moving your loved one there. After all, it may work out just fine for you. But if the owner is not happy with your loved one, then you will be scrambling to find a new place like we had to.

Expensive Lesson

I would encourage anyone considering placing their loved one at the Lakehouse on Dixie to carefully consider their decision. After we moved our mother with Lewy Body Dementia into the Lakehouse, Sarita called within the first few hours stating it took 3 of her staff to assist our mother and additionally insisted we get a hospital bed for her. Within 48 hours and having had a hospital bed delivered, she called and said her staff could not handle our mother and we needed to find another place for her. She recommended a nursing home. After Sarita called repeatedly complaining, we moved her on the fourth day to another home where the caretakers had a much higher skill set and had properly trained their staff to handle those with dementia and it did NOT take 3 to assist her. The new home had a hospital bed for our mother to use so wasted $400.00 for a 2 night rental at the Lakehouse. Even though it was Sarita'a decision we move our mother, she still charged us the $1,000.00 community fee, which later refunded half. Sarita should have done an assessment before we moved her in. It was not a good experience, and I would not want to do business with them again. Thankfully, we found an awesome place for our mother with loving and experienced staff.

Sarita Lee

This family toured and gave myself and my caregivers information about their mom. The contact daughter said her mom was being discharged from skilled nursing on Saturday. It was after 3 pm on Friday when she called to say she wanted to use Lakehouse On Dixie. There was not time to do an assessment so I trusted the information that the family provided.The daughter that I spoke with is a nurse and she was the contact person. She described her mom as a 1-2 person transfer. They rented an unfurnished private room and moved their mom in with a full bed. After having the resident in the house the first night, is became evident that we needed the help that a hospital bed provided and we needed the ability to use a draw sheet to take care of the resident need's in bed at night. The family stated they had a hospital bed available to them. Transferring the resident took 3 caregivers and at times could take over half an hour to complete due to the resident's ability. On the day shift, there are 3 caregivers and this left no caregiver available to attend to the needs of the other residents. On Monday, I explained to the contact daughter the situation and gave her a 1 month time frame to find a new home. She said she understood as she and another sister had witnessed us transferring their mom. On Tuesday another facility came to assess the resident and the family moved her on Wednesday. The family signed a contact that stated no refunds but were refunded 1/2 of the community fee and the remainder of the rent for the month. One check was written and they asked if they could pick the check up on Thursday and did so. Lakehouse On Dixie is completely capable of taking care of residents with dementia. This family did not work out and were not a good fit for us because we do not have the staff to take care of a 3 person transfer resident.

had to pay for a full month even though he was only there for 4 days

Dad was not at Lakehouse On Dixie long before he passed away. His kidneys had failed. I have to think that there wasn't much urine output and I don't think the staff there noticed. I cant help but wonder if they would have noticed would things have been different. I had to pay for a full month even though he was only there for 4 days. The staff originally told me that they would pro rate his stay but when they found out he had to come back for hospice they said I would not get a refund. He was only in hospice care a few hours before he passed away. I thought the facility was nice and the staff were attentive. Overall I am not too happy with them not noticing dads urine output was low and them not refunding my money.

Lakehouse on Dixie is AWESOME!!

Lakehouse on Dixie is awesome....First, the staff and owner go "beyond" when working with the residents. They are attentive and use utmost care. Second, the facilities are beautiful and spotless. Finally, the atmosphere is calming and promotes healing.
Lakehouse on Dixie is a Godsend for my Mother. She loves it and her health has greatly improved....

Lakehouse on Dixie was amazing!

Lakehouse on Dixie was amazing! They have been compassionate and caring, They have been wonderful with her while she was there. I cannot recommend it more highly. They were exceptional from the director to the entire staff.

Quiet, pleasant community

We visited this community quite a while ago during a search for senior living for a loved one. This place seemed very nice when we visited, it had a quiet homelike setting, and just seemed like a very pleasant place in general.

Perfect Place for your loved one!

When we were searching for a place for our mother this was the perfect home away from home for her. The owner and staff could not have been more loving and caring to our mother. I would highly recommend it! The caregivers treat each of the residents with love and respect. It is the cleanest facility of it's type that I have seen and the family atmosphere feels like a home. The view, location and meals and activities were great as well. We wish we would have moved her in sooner so she would have been able to enjoy it longer.

I toured many facilities before picking Lakehouse on Dixie for my Husbands mom. We were totally happy with the care she was given for over 2 years. This home has a family atmosphere and the residents are treated like family. Their care givers truly care about all their residents. I feel we were so fortunate to find this home for our loved one to live when she could no longer live alone. She felt this was her home and the care givers were her family. When her health began to fail and we went back and forth from the hospital, she would ask us to take her home. Lakehouse on Dixie was home to her and I would recommend this care home to any one who is looking for a place for their family member.

perfect place for mom

The staff at the lakehouse on dixie were wonderfull. So helpfull and always pleasant.We couldnt have been more pleased.The home itself was nice and clean. The view was beautifull. Just a family atmosphere. perfect!

very nice home clean, quiet...

very nice home clean, quiet, price a little more than we can afford will keep in mind

Beautiful property

Beautiful property. Easy access on Dixie right off of I-45. Rates are fairly priced. The private rooms are nice, good size. On my way in I met a Hospice Nurse there to see three of her patients, who were residents. She gave me positive review, unsolicited, when I told her I was there to look for my parent. Only negative (and it was a big one for my parent, who is in the death process) - their Hurricane/Disaster Plan is that the family member is to be called to come and pick up the resident if the Hurricane evacuation order is given. That would prove problematic in my case.

As I walked up, one of the ...

As I walked up, one of the caregivers was on break outside. She immediately jumped up to show me the front door and was bright and cheerful. Sarita, the owner, is professional, knowledgeable and cheerful. She answered all my questions during the tour without me even asking them. All staff was friendly and caring toward me and the clients. Both the common rooms and the bedrooms are bright and cheerful. If my mom winds up needing a facility, this is the one that I will choose! (And Sarita called me to arrange a tour when she found out I was looking; I didn't have to call her.) Although it faces a busy road, the view out back is beautiful and relaxing.

Although this is a nice fac...

Although this is a nice facility I'm not sure if it would be a good fit for my mother-in-law. She is so used to living alone.

Nice, but not secure enough

Nice, but not secure enough

One of the hardest decisions you will have to make, is to entrust the care of your loved one to someone else. We offer Lakehouse On Dixie as the solution. Some of the services we provide are:
1. A smoke free home.
2. 24-hour round the clock awake staff.
3. medication administration
4. supervised, planned activities to fit our resident's abilities.
5.wheelchair accessibility hallways and bathrooms.
6. private and semi-private rooms.
7. three meals daily plus snacks.
8. long and short term stay, hospice
9. assistance with activities of daily living.
10. Paved outdoor paths for wheelchairs.
We are a family owned and operated home. Our peaceful home is located on 10 beautiful acres in Pearland. Sitting in the middle, is our spring fed lake that is home to several species of birds, turtles, rabbits and many other wildlife. We offer restful country living in the city. The closest major hospital is less than 10 minutes away. We are located on Dixie Farm Road and we are less than 5 minutes away from 518 and Friendswood, 10 min. to Alvin, 10 min. to 45, under 10 min. to hwy.35, 20 min. to 288 and beltway 8 and approx. 20 mins to Nasa/Clearlake, 30 mins. to downtown Houston and the Medical Center. Lakehouse On Dixie is easily accessible from several locations in Houston. The manager and co-owner of Lakehouse On Dixie, Sarita Lee has a AAS and an BBA. Sarita is actively involved in managing Lakehouse On Dixie . She started Lakehouse On Dixie with her husband, two daughters and their dog Jewel.
Lakehouse On Dixie has much to offer so please visit us!

Our price is all inclusive. We do not bill for additional care.
We have been awarded The Best of Pearland 2013- 2016 for Personal Care Facilities.In 2016 we were awarded the Best Of Senior Living Award from senioradvisor.com.