Ladera Sunrise An Exceptional Home for Senior - Los Angeles, CA

Dissapointed

Worst place I ever tried to put my grandmother in. The staff was rude, the place is dirty and understaffed. I wouldn't recommend at all.

Great place for my Mom

I'm from out of town and my sole purpose for this trip was to visit board and care residences for my mom. The first place I visited was Ladera Sunrise . When I called for a visit, Susan told me I could come right over, there was no hesitation which was impressive. Other places made me feel as if I needed to have a scheduled appointment, which led me to believe they had to clean up before I came by . I felt right at home with Susan and her staff. All the residents and staff had smiles on their faces and appeared to be happy. After shopping around I found myself right back at Ladera Sunrise with my sister. My sister , who works in the medical field, was also impressed with Susan and her residence. My siblings and I feel that activities and socialization are a very important part of elderly care facility. At Ladera Sunrise they seem to have it all. They have a van to take the residents on trips and doctors appointments, and there was evidence that they have activities for their residents as well. When we arrived there were birdhouses that the residents had painted and personalized visors that they painted as well. One of their favorites trips is to go to the Marina when they play Jazz. Unfortunately, the one bed that was initially available is now gone. When I asked Susan how she got into this business , she said "no place was good enough" for her mom. Even though there was no availability, Susan invited us to bring our mom back for a lunch date. We went for our lunch and date and had a wonderful afternoon. I visited the residence three times and one thing I can say is that Susan is very hands on and passionate about her residence! Looking forward to something opening up! The only reason I don't feel its appropriate to give it 5 stars is because my mom has not lived there. Definitely A plus in my opinion!

Head and shoulders above the other group homes!

I met Susan Atkins of Ladera Sunrise several months ago, she is a true advocate for the elderly and family members attempting to navigate the unfamiliar waters of the elderly. I visited 8 small group homes for the elderly and found only 2 that I would feel comfortable having my father live at. Ladera Sunrise and the staff were head and shoulders above the other home where I would have placed my father!

Susan suggested that dad stay in his apartment as long as he could and Ladera Sunrise provided the caregivers that had a difficult task of taking care of my father who has dementia.

They Should All Be Like This

My mother has been a resident at Ladera Sunrise for a little over a year and words cannot explain what a blessing this place is. They simply CARE. My mother and all of the residents are treated with the utmost respect and attention and I have seen them all strive. I am always notified of any concerns and Susan and Kevin are simply angels for the way they lookout for the residents and their families. Since I am sole caregiver there is a lot of pressure on me, and I am so glad to have them in my corner. If there's no room getting on the waiting list is totally worth it. I'm grateful my Mom got long term insurance in her 60's so she can live like a queen and I have freedom to live my life knowing she is cared for. I'm getting mine this year and I'm in my 40's) Simply put, Ladera Sunrise is a God Send and a model for the way Assisted Living should be!!

Susan was wonderful but can...

Susan was wonderful but candid. She wasn't sure that given my mother's erratic, agitated behaviors that she would be a good candidate for this facility. I would love to consider this housing but I'm not sure it would help. All of these Board and Care's would be much more appropriate if mom weren't so ambulatory. But she it. And she wanders and looks through everyones stuff and takes things that don't belong to her. Very much appreciated Susan for being straight with me and being candid and helpful. Lovely home, but not right for my mother.

They went above and beyond

The staff at Ladera Sunrise is very friendly. Having dealt with another assisted living facility our experience with Ladera Sunrise has been night and day. Ladera Sunrise is clean, they have nice meals, and take good care of their residents. They are nice people and the owners are very professional. I am very happy with Ladera Sunrise.