Kindred Hospital St. Louis at St. Anthony's - Saint Louis, MO

Kindred Hospital St. Louis at St. Anthony's - Saint Louis, MO has yet not published prices.

Horrible place

Do not place your loved one in this place! Dirty, far less than helpful staff, [language removed] nursing "care"! When concerns were brought to charge nurse, and, also, to CEO, nothing was done, changed, or, improved. My family, and I, have never been more disappointed, and let down, by a staff of so called professionals! Rooms not cleaned well, they let our family member sit for hours, without checking on her. Plopped her in a chair, and said that was her physical therapy for the day! What a joke, and what a scam they are running here! Wouldn't board a dog here, much less a loved one. Felt ok, at first, since it is on the St. Anthony's campus, but learned that all they do is rent the space from them. Had to have our loved one moved, to you more professional place, and will never suggest Kindred to anyone..............ever! ::

Joy S

Hello, thank you for sharing your family's experience with me. Please know I take your concerns regarding patient care extremely seriously. I've passed along your review to the district administration for follow-up and I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns directly. In order to address your concern in a timely manner, please send your contact information to [removed] Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication. As an alternative, you may call our anonymous compliance hotline at [removed] to report your concerns. Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Stay away!

If there was a way to give them 0 stars I would. My mother was to be there to recover from pneumonia. She was making progress at a hospital in Festus but needed a long term stay to help her require less oxygen.
She was getting worse during her stay at this Kindred St Anthony. I found my mother on the floor of the bathroom after I asked them the day before for a pressure sensor since she has dementia and may not know where she is. I noticed after a week she was dehydrated. It took a confrontation with the head nurse to get this issue resolved. I'm not a medical professional and I noticed it! She was never incontinent before her stay there. She stopped eating because they didn't listen to me when I asked them to put her in a chair to eat after I found she ate fine in a chair. I asked not once but three times for them to get her ensure to drink. I found her dementia pills on her tray. No one knew what day's dose this was. My words to the nurses were...she's not here to die, she's is here to recover. I started to clean her because I found her finger nails disgustingly dirty and face. More than twice I called to have her cleaned from pooping. The nurses were rude even before speaking to them about the care issues. I tried to get her out of there the case worker was absolutely no help. My mother was released after 2.5 long weeks in Kindred st Anthony. Per Dr order she was requiring less than 4lt of oxygen. No doctor ever talked to me about her health or what to do after release. For three days she was in a nursing home. The night of the 3 day she was found unrepresentative. She was taken to a different hospital where they found the pneumonia once again. Now she is on a ventilator. Three days? Really? I hope this helps someone...because I felt helpless.

Great Hospital

My husband stayed at Kindred Hospital St. Anthony's. The care and the staff are excellent. Nursing was very caring and compassionate. Denise and LeAnn from wound care were outstanding. Thanks Mrs. Thomas

Kindred Hospitals are a part of Kindred Healthcare’s nationwide network of transitional care hospitals and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. We are a specialty hospital providing long-term acute care to medically complex patients who require continued care and extended recovery time.