Karo Mina Care Home - San Ramon, CA

Great place

Clean place, friendly, and professional care home. I recommend this place for anyone needs care for loved one.

Great place!

Had a wonderful experience with [Removed] care for my father, home is impeccable, residence were always clean and relaxed whenever I dropped by unannounced, staff take care of residents on a personal level (birthday's, holidays,etc,,) very accommodating and professional.

Something to think about!

Mona was nice enough, also very accommodating, but very excitable and emotional, did not know how to handle adverse situations and her staff is not adequately trained as far as the care of an elderly person.
My mother was there for four days ! had an infection that they did not notice and died because of her infection . If Mona and her staff were better trained, or at all ,they would have noticed all the signs ,but because of their inexperience and lack of sufficient training they noticed nothing.
My mother had such a bad infection the doctors could not save her and she died 1 day after leaving Mona's care, my suggestion is always check qualifications and references when looking for elderly Care Professionals.
Never trust anyone who has anything to do with elderly care it's all about the money!!!!!

Mona Eweda

Greg, thank you for your review despite the short time your mother spent at our facility. My prayers goes to you for your loss. However, I'm disappointed that your review did not mention all the facts accurately. Your mother only stayed at our facility for 2 and half days; she moved on 12/13/2016 and left on 12/15/2016. Your mother was between hospitals and rehab for almost 4 months before she came to Karo Mina for the same condition she died from. When I first went to visit her at rehab for an assessment of her condition, I had recommended moving your mother to hospice but you refused. Even rehab recommended the same but you insisted on placing her at an assisted living facility. Since I have over 15 years experience caring for seniors including 14 years working with hospice, I agreed to care for your mother.

On the day your mother moved to Karo Mina, December 13th, she had stomach aches due to the same condition she had been suffering from. She could not eat and was only able to take liquids such as ensure, soup or very light oatmeal. We spoke on the phone and you informed me that a nurse will come see your mother the next day. On Wednesday, December 14th the nurse didn't show up. Your mother continued to have the same stomach aches when she ate but they were never painful enough to take her to the emergency room. You came to Karo Mina to see your mother on the evening of Wednesday, December 14th and I mentioned to you that the nurse hasn't come yet. You were upset at her insurance services and said a nurse should have come to see her already. You actually thanked me for caring for your mother then left. In the morning of Thursday, December 15th, your mother seemed to have less pain and I even sent you a picture of her in a text massage after she finished her lunch and you responded back "Awesome". In the afternoon, your mother started having the same aches and asked to lay down. During that time a nurse finally arrived and your mother woke up with the same stomach aches. The nurse performed a few tests on your mother and decided to transfer her to the hospital. Your mother spent Thursday night there and passed away on Friday, December 16th.

Greg, I'm even more disappointed that you mentioned "money" at the end of your review despite the fact that you did not pay me for your mother's stay until 9 days after she had passed away. Typically, a deposit is required before a resident moves in but I was flexible with you due to the circumstances.

The community is spotless!!!

The staff at Karo Mina Care Home are taking good care of my mom. The staff keep me updated on her care. She says the food is good. She does participate in a few activities and the one thing I would say is that they need a few more activities. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

Review of Karo Mina Care Home - San Ramon, CA

Mona was very nice She was able to provide a tour on really short notice . She was kind and listened. Nice neighborhood location

First impression of outside and inside is wonderful.
Nice and quiet neighborhood.
Not sure about some add on prices..."flexible" but kind of a hard sell

Nice home, close to house N...

Nice home, close to house No fixed schedule Two people Start at $3500 + care fees Could not give cost estimate

Mona and her staff are terrific. They...

Mona and her staff are terrific. They really care about mom's well being and will do everything to insure her needs are met

A very nice home and both caregivers ...

A very nice home and both caregivers appear to be excellent caretakers. The home is very clean but a little more expensive than the others. Doctor visits may be a challenge as one caregiver is also the cook.