Joy's Place Adult Care - Chardon, OH

A virtual tour

I did not get a response back from them in a timely manner. I researched this community online and did not find it interesting. I did find that this home is more of a mental health home and this was not what we were looking for.

Peace of Mind

Taking "Mom" to Joy's Place has been a truly wonderful experience. Joy is exactly what we needed to offer both care and comfort for a very fragile lady. The staff at "Joy's Place" offer friendly assistance and loving care.

Joy does a really fantastic job

Joy does a really fantastic job, she takes a real interest in the residents and in their families, and has really been a fantastic caregiver. She has a background in nursing and mental health and is able to offer a lot of insight into the various situations that arise. She has a great reputation in the community, and we heard about her from NAMI as well as A Place For Mom, and we're glad we got in touch with her. She helps the family almost as much as the residents, and has helped us work through some of the difficult feelings that come up when a family member has a mental illness.
The facility my loved one is at is a very small, clean, and well kept facility where he gets a lot of individual attention.
We can't recommend this place highly enough.

The first place I wa...

The first place I was looking into for my loved one had a 3 month waiting list. So my A Place For Mom Rep suggested Joy's Place and I liked it. It is close to my home so I chose Joy's Place for mom.

We are an adult foster care group home; assisted living is the more popular term. We offer private rooms, shared dining, family and recreational rooms. We are family style living. We have a 24-hour awake staff that is very consistent. Our staff is educated in specific needs of each resident and general principals of elder care. They are sensitive to these needs.

We believe it is important for the resident to be as involved in their community as desired. We encourage outside group activities as well as our activities. We provide nutritious meals and an open kitchen for snacks as needed and desired. Residents are able to keep own snacks. Families are encouraged to participate as desired. Outings are planned with the interest of the residents, safety and availability of community events.

We provide personal care as needed, including hair styling. We have a beautician, podiatrist who visit on a regular basis. We review with family health care needs, such as ophthalmologist, dentist, dermatologist and others as needed and requested by family. We have ample outside garden area for resident participation or enjoyment. Our families and friends tell us that our home is comfortable and caring. We keep trying to make it better.