Amelia Grace Assisted Living - Chesterland, OH

Care for my senior parent

The staff was pleasant. The building contains individual bedrooms for each member. The food was basic but not all residents enjoyed it. Residents were encouraged to participate in activities.
The cleanliness could have been a bit better and some updates to the building are needed.
Overall it is a good place to stay.

Paul Radvansky

Thank you for the feedback regarding our service. We frequently review our the food that we serve due to the diverse resident population that we serve i.e. residents that require special foods per their physician orders. Although most of our residents provide positive comments about our home cooked meals, your comment will be taken into consideration. We are always looking at ways to improve upon providing a clean home for our residents and I will look into this as well. Lastly, we are currently in the process of making some kitchen and bathroom updates to provide our residents and our quests with a more modern atmosphere. You didn't give us poor marks on our service, but clearly there is room for improvement. We take your comments seriously and we look forward to demonstrating the next time you visit how much we strive to give great service. Please contact me if you should have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you!

Owner

Private bedrooms with individual TV's along with a TV room. Personal furniture allowed in bedrooms if it fits. Scheduled activities. Homey, bright and clean.

Paul Radvansky

Thank you so much for your recent visit and subsequent wonderful praise. This is what Amelia Grace is all about, home type setting, private rooms, home cooked meals, activities on site and offsite field trips. We pride ourselves on a home that is a caring, family type atmosphere and is clean. Feedback, especially from such well-spoken customers like you, is not only invaluable to those researching businesses like ours, but is also important to us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and feedback with us. Thanks again.

Why is my grandma eating dinner at 4 and going to bed at 6? It's like the girl wants to get rid of them.

Paul Radvansky

Thank you for your concerns that you have in regards to your grandma. We always investigate and discuss with my staff concerns that families have about their loved ones and in this case I have already discussed with my staff.

In reading your question, I thought that you may have our facility confused with another one because we do not serve dinner at 4:00 PM, our dinner time is between 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM. Both my wife and I have worked this evening shift and I checked with my staff about anyone going to bed at 6:00 PM, after dinner and currently no resident goes to bed at this hour, unless they chose to and or they are ill. If a resident elects to go to bed at 6:00, against what we would advise, they can, its their right as a resident living in an adult group home (assisted living home). All residents have rights to choose per "the residents rights" and the Ohio Department of Mental Health. We assist with medications at 7:00 to 7:30, and all the residents receive their medications during this time, so we would not encourage a resident to go to bed at 6:00 PM , only having to wake them to give them their medications.

I did not see your first name so if you would like to call me to discuss this I would be more than happy to talk to you. My wife Penny is also available to talk to you as well. My cell phone number is [removed] and my wife's is [removed].

Again your concern's are ours as well so we look forward to hearing from you.

Paul & Penny
Owners

A Very Quiet Community

I appreciate A Place For Mom for the help in find a community for my uncle. He is accommodating to his new residence and the staff are nice while caring for all his needs. This place is a little isolated and very quiet with 12 other residents. I have not seen anything to alert me in terms of cleanliness. My uncle enjoys his meal and thinks it's good. My uncle gets a lot of attentive care for a low price and I would recommend them if one needs a quite home.

Paul Radvansky

Thank you for the kind words of our staff and the care that we provide to our residents of Amelia Grace.

Truly like home.

Putting our Mother into Assisted Living was the hardest decision we have made to date. However, I couldn't be happier with the decision to select Amelia Grace as her new home. The staff have been more than helpful and never makes us feel like we are inconvenienceing them with our many questions. Amelia Grace feels like a home and I highly recommend this facility to anyone having to make this tough and heartbreaking decision.

Paul Radvansky

Thank you for your kind words about Amelia Grace Assisted Living. It is always a great pleasure to hear that we are serving our customers well. We look forward to serving you again soon. Gratefully,Amelia Grace Assisted Living

Paul was very friendly and professional. Unfortunately, the facilities seemed a bit cold and sterile. Didn't feel like it was a good fit for my mother

Great care

Very nice assisted living home. It was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. They had a lot of activities to offer with even a activities coordinator. There was two patios that the residents can use throughout the summer and view the beautiful natural surroundings . The rooms had cable (no extra fee) and the furnishings that the home provided were fee as well. You can bring your own furniture if you want. They do the laundry and cleaning of the rooms, assist with medications, and will arrange for local transportation with Geauga Transit. The resident go out on group outings and field trips. Their state audit is clean with no violations. Their staff is experienced and well staffed. Unfortunately they do not accept wanders but do take care of people with dementia. Very affordable for the level of care provided. They even provided referrals.

Inexpensive, but as always, you get what you pay for.

We visited a few weeks ago. Very shabby residential ranch home on strange private road in Chesterland; it shares a lot with a manufacturing business on a DRIVEWAY. I was almost creamed by a huge truck.

The staff were very friendly and pleasant, but honestly, this is the shabbiest place I've seen. The price is reasonable, but you don't get much -- a tiny 10x10 room, tiny closet and 4 bathrooms (2 showers!) for 16 adults. That's four people to a toilet. Seems kinda skimpy. The common areas are small and rambling. The setting, typical of this rural area, are scenic and wooded. Probably very pretty in summer. Two fireplaces, but they do not work. Common areas are small. Hygiene seemed OK, furnishings looked like they came from the Goodwill. They encourage you to use THEIR furnishings, so don't count on bringing a lot of items from home.

This might be OK if the resident has so much dementia they don't know where they are, and have stopped caring. For the family, this would feel like dropping your loved one off in the former Soviet Union...in the 1950s. Worst problem: they do not offer transportation to doctors or hospitals, so you are on your own -- and Chesterland is a long way from everything.

Frankly, for an upscale neighborhood, I was expecting something more posh. However, if your family member requires little services and doesn't care about the room or storage (and isn't bring much from home), the prices are among the best I've seen -- and they don't stick on a zillion surcharges. Being so small, there is probably adequate individual attention. Family run.

red flags

Staff is not qualified to care for dementia patients even though the director will tell you differently. Repeatly sent my parent to the hospital for being "aggressive" . No reports of aggression from the hospital. Ombudsmen doing investigation.

Care seemed good. The plac...

Care seemed good. The place was crowded and rather shabby, but I would have been comfortable with it had I thought it was the best we could afford.

Manager was friendly, but t...

Manager was friendly, but the facility was rundown and not as clean as I would have liked.

Nice!!!

The community was nice, but nothing really stood out.

Very nice facility, personel excellen...

Very nice facility, personel excellent, but limited activities and very few residents. We are thinking we need a place with more residents for socializing

This seems to be a very good option f...

This seems to be a very good option for day care. They are able to keep my mother as long as need during the day and into the night. Anything she'd need would be available, including a bed for a nap. Few activities though. No transportation, but may be ok. Dementia patients who don't wander allowed.

Assisted Living, Assisted Living Communities, Independent Living Communities and Retirement Communities.

Comfortable living accommodations
Physical assistance as needed
Medication reminders
A variety of planned social events
Come and see what kind of difference a quality retirement community can make.