Jenny’s Adult Care Home - Portland, OR

Once you know where the home is, it's really easy to get to.
The home looked nice and very clean. [Removed] and her daughter have been very caring each time I went there.The residents looked happy. I wanted to give a downpayment to hold the room, but [Removed] said to make sure my Mother liked it first, promising not to show it to anyone yet. I thought that was very nice and considerate, knowing how hard it is to find a "bed". I've been looking for over a month!
Finally got my very skeptical Mom to tour.To my surprise,she immediately took a liking to [Removed] and her daughter [Removed]. She felt so comfortable with them, that she wanted to move the very next day!
We brought all her stuff in the following day, but because it was Veteran's day weekend, we couldn't get the doctor to discharge my mother. I was expecting them to say something about charging us for those days, but they were totally understanding!
The family seems to be very compassionate, it's not just all business to them. From the first phone call (phone is always answered by a live person, not machine), to my latest experience, everything has been pleasant with them, which I totally appreciate as all this has been very stressing to me.
I have been so anxious about moving my Mom, but I think we have found a loving family to take care of her.

There has always been a live person, rather than a machine, each time I called. Being dark and unfamiliar with the area, I got lost the first time I went there. Once I knew where it was, it was really easy to find. The place looks very nice and clean, I felt very comfortable with Jenny, the owner. I wanted to put a deposit on it, but the [Removed], the owner told me to take my mom over to make sure she wanted the room. She assured me she would hold it for her. I could tell that Jenny was naturally compassionate.
I brought my Mom, who was refusing to move to a foster care home. I toured my Mom around the following day, the residents seemed to be very happy. She immediately took a liking to [Removed] and daughter [Removed] - she is usually very skeptical about people. To my surprise, Mom said she was ready to move in the following day.
We started moving her stuff the following day, as we thought she could move right away. Due to unavoidable circumstances (Veteran's day long weekend) we could not move Mom right away because the facility wanted her regular doctor to release her (not just the float doctor. We immediately called [Removed] to let her know, they were very understanding and willing to accommodate.
I was expecting them to ask me to pay for the room, for the days she will miss, but it was totally fine with them. Though my mother has not started there yet, I feel totally confident of the care and compassion they will be giving her...I've been looking for a place for my mom for over a month now (she was on rehab after a stroke), and believe me, I've never felt more comfortable with anyone than I did with them. It is a family run business, the family looks very solid with several family members involved. I feel very relieved finding them. I truly believe they would care for my mother very well, My Mom has always lived with family, and I am completely confident of the care I will give them. I am not totally aware of their core services and activities, but I know they'll have enough to suit my Mother's needs.

The residents stay in their room, not familiar with outside insurance mainly deals with Medicad customers. Nice enough, but home didn't feel warm.

Jenny’s Adult Care Home is supervised and managed by a family committed to offering the highest standards of
personal attention and quality care. This home is licensed and approved by
Multnomah County. Jenny and her family have given care to many seniors over the years. She and her caregivers are well qualified and fully understand the needs of seniors.

Jenny’s Care Home is filled with new amenities, compassionate providers, and spacious rooms. The home is welcoming and comforting to all who enter.