Indigo Pines - Hilton Head Island, SC

Good folks!

The staff here are very nice and very accommodating when we went. They were helpful with whatever we had questions with. The residents were out and they seemed to really be enjoying themselves as well.

Everything is Fine

Everything is working pretty good with my mother's move to this community. She is doing well, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us. All is well so far, this is a good safe community for my mother.

Mom's starting to warm up to it

Usually everything's really clean, they come in my mother's room every Monday and clean, change the linens and stuff like that. Everybody's very friendly, they have a lot of activities, my mother chooses not to participate in a lot of them. I think she went and played bingo one time, she does play bridge twice a wekk. I think she's started to like it a lot better, she's started to make friends, she mingles some but not a whole lot. She's made friends with the group at the table and her bridge friends which is pretty important to her and she's actually referring it to different friends. My mother's kind of a negative person, she likes to complain and she complains about the food because they don't put onions in her salad or things like that, but she asks for onions and they'll bring her onions, so that's just my mother. I knew it would take her awhile but she's started to like it and she's having her hair done and dressing up.

Very Happy

Both my Dad and step-mother have settled in well and are enjoying their apartment. It is much more spacious than the other facilities in the area that we looked at and many (including theirs) have patio or balcony so they can enjoy the outdoors during good weather.

There are many activities for them to participate as much or as little as they want. All in all, they seem to be very happy with their choice as the location is secluded yet accessible to all the shopping, banking and physicians and the hospital.

Giving Them a half of Star is Generous.

Indigo Pines is horrible and incompetent! I was almost hospitalized due to stress for all that I had to deal with. Giving them a half of star is generous. They had no managers their every time I visited, when I asked why I learned that they had floating managers, so they had a new manager about every four day. They don’t even help to make easier for when family comes to visit. They are understaffed every time I looked around everyone was left to themselves. They talked me into enrolling into a program where she would be watched and help by a person for 24hrs a day for an extra $300 a day. When I went to visit the person who was supposed to be watching her never showed up they didn’t even know who my mother was. My mom had a broken hip and was put on the third floor. So when she couldn’t get her food no one ever helped her if you missed a meal you just didn’t eat. I had to constantly bring her food. There is a fight between the residents every time I get in the elevator because they are rushing to get to the cafeteria so they don’t miss there meal. The bedding on the beds is horrible as well, it’s worse than the cheapest bedding you can buy. I purchased bedding for my mother so she could at least be comfortable and they told me that if she used that bedding I would have to clean and strip the bed myself and was the sheets they would not maintain or help. All this combined with the fact that they missed her medication a couple of times, made this experience a total train wreck. I love my mom and just want what’s best for her. I had to miss so much work so I can go take care of her while she was their. I have moved to a new place now “Bloom at Hilton Head”. They are incredible. I had to wait three days before I could move in mom to Bloom because I had to wait for her T.B test to come back. I was going to call in to work all those days. Bloom said that I wouldn’t have to miss work and helped me find someone to come to the house to take care of my mom for those three days. They also worked with her on making a meal schedule that better suites her needs. They even put her name on her door so it’s easier for to find and they make it a point to learn everyone’s names residents and family members. They are great at helping her transition into the new surrounds. They had no issues with me brining in better bedding, they even washed it and had everything set up for when I moved in Mom. I had to pick her up for a doctor’s appointment the other day and mom hates going to the doctors. They had her ready for her appointment and they even managed to keep her calm so she wouldn’t fight me on having to go like she usual does. She is no longer scared. Bloom is worth “5 STARS”!

Constant fight with contracted care company to get proper care

Indigo Pines has an easy move in process. The cost of the unit is very good, but compared to the previous five-star facility my mom was at, Indigo Pines is like a Motel 6 compared to them. They contract with a care provider for medicine reminders and such, but the service is inconsistent. They are not very well trained and we have not been happy with the care services. Some did not know how to give eye drops and they won't read the directions on the medicine labels.

We stayed at indigo pine for two days...

We stayed at indigo pine for two days. The managers totally out did them selves. They where great host and made us feel welcomed and gave us tons of knowledge to work from. We toured and got to see the town and beaches. the head of maintenance was also very helpful and a very friendly. I really liked it there..very homey.

Situated within beautiful grounds on fabulous Hilton Head Island, you’ll love the elegant comfort of our facilities while enjoying the charm and convenience of the island. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining, golf and many other wonderful area attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind