Hudson Creek Alzheimer's Special Care Center - Bryan, TX

Facility is lovely and Office Manager was very gracious and informative. 66 bed facility has South and north sections to differentiate levels of care needed. Staff longevity is a good indicator of stability at this facility that’s been in operation since 2006.

I took a tour!

I had a good tour of Hudson Creek Alzheimer's Special Care Center. It was a nice place and the tour guide was very helpful and informative. The community was just not a good match for my mother's needs.

Finding a safe place in an emergency situation

I was at a very low point in my life having to consider a place to put my husband of 35 years due to his dimentia. It had become impossible for me to care for him any longer at home because he was becoming a threat to my safety, not to mention my sanity.
In the emergency room after I had to call the Sheriff because of violet behavior, it became apparent that I was going to have to come up with a long-term solution to the situation. The hospital emergency room doctor wanted to release him and told me to take him home. I said no, not until I find some place for him as I cannot take him back home. He was less than helpful.
Getting on my phone, I started searching for Senior Care facilities in the immediate area. I came across A Place for Mom. They called me and got some information and in a few minutes, I got a call from Hudson Creek Alzheimers Senior Care Center. They told me about the place and wanted to know if I could come by and see the facilities. I said no but they could come by the Emergency Room at the hospital. They did!!!! We talked and I ended up putting him in the facility.
I have found the staff to be very accomodating and caring. So far I have to say that I am happy with the decision. I would recommend the facility to anyone wanting or needing to find a place for a loved one.

Initial impressions

Initial impression of facility and staff are great, we are in the process of moving my parents to the facility.

If your loved one doesn't recognize reality, this place will do.

Most of the staff were very nice though a couple of them made me feel uncomfortable. I think my loved one wasn't severe enough for this locked unit and seeing the others in various stages of mental illness disturbed him. The residents seem to all have severe dementia; just walking around aimlessly, clapping hands, plucking at the air, or sitting around the nurse's station on the couches. I expected more from the dining area based on the monthly fees, but the food was poor and they used plastic cups and utensils. I wouldn't suggest this environment unless your loved one doesn't recognize reality any longer.

Lorene Bower

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. Hudson Creek is a secure community equipped to meet the broad range of needs of residents living with dementia. From mild confusion and short-term memory loss to advanced Alzheimer's, our goal is to provide individualized care. We would appreciate to learn more about your experience and opinion. Please contact Hudson Creek to speak with the Administrator or to request contact information for the Regional Director.

Super Friendly Staff

They seem to super friendly to the family whenever we come. They let my loved one call us anytime he wants. He seems happy there and any time we have gone in they have been doing activities, so I think it is fine.

It has been has been good

Hudson Creek Alzheimer's Special Care Center is going well. We get updates from them. It has been has been good. The doctor there did a full capacity evaluation. She gave us the nitty gritty details of all of his health issues. After the evaluation we felt even better about him being at this facility.

I am surprised at how well he has settled in.

The staff is very friendly. I wish they had more activities. He's happy with the food, they give him more than enough. I am surprised at how well he has settled in. This is the only place I could find that he can stay there the whole time, no matter how bad his Alzheimer's gets, and that is one of the reasons I chose it.

Quiet, very clean, no smells, lots to...

Quiet, very clean, no smells, lots to do, nice dinning & food, caring staff. Had no problem leaving mom because I would not mind being here. If looking for this type care you need to look at Hudson Creek.

This is not a medical facility.

This is not a medical facility. I was not aware before we went into it. The is the main problem. When a person is only eating 10% of their meals - this is very important to notice! It’s clean and they are very friendly, but health is so much more than that.

I don't know what happened, they weren't able to handle his needs.

I don't know what happened, they weren't able to handle his needs. They were not giving the proper medication, I don't really know where the fault of that would lie. It was not a good experience, for us, and I didn't feel comfortable staying there. There was a communication breakdown somewhere. The hospital said in the last couple of years things have changed at Hudson Creek. They were super nice, when I visited, every question we had they were able to answer. It was nice it didn't smell, it was clean. The doctor went to examine him, and I was not impressed with her.

Excellent care!

I really like the activities program here, they have things planned for morning and afternoons. As an added plus, they have persons lead activities on weekends. They are excellent at engaging the residents and encouraging them to participate.
Another aspect I've really appreciated is that the Kitchen Manager makes sure my loved one is served gluten free meals as she is a celiac sufferer.

Very Pleased with Hudson Creek

I'm very pleased with it. They seem to keep my mother-in-law active and they do less medication more activities. My mother-in-law grew up on a farm and always had a garden. They provide a place for a garden and now she's growing turnips. It's a small, 4x4 patch. The first few times she didn't remember she had a garden but she just talked about it the other day. It's good they encourage them to participate in activities and stay busy.

They're clean too. It's a constant chore on their part to keep the cushions and things clean. They will go to the point of having a resident stay in a different room for a night to make sure their room is clean and dry. I think the value is good. It's seems a little high but compared to others it's not. I think we get our money's worth. Every time the make a medication change they call us and let us know. They seem to stay on top of things.

I liked Hudson Creek very m...

I liked Hudson Creek very much. The facility was clean and smelled clean. The enclosed garden space had nice landscaping and was peaceful and quiet. The residents looked cared for. One resident who kept joining my tour was gently redirected. All my questions about care details were answered competently. I would not hesitate to place a loved one there.