Avid Care Cottages -Conroe - Conroe, TX

If I could give this home a negative score I would. It wasn't just old it needed repairs. The furnishings were worn and old, [name removed] pointed out a chair in one of the rooms that needed to be gone because it was broken. While sitting at the table talking to us you could tell one of the residence soiled herself, my mother politely informed [name removed] of the matter as the lady attempted to get up and [name removed] let us know she does that often and often thinks she's going to work she would be fine. We were there approximately 10 minutes longer when a helper finally came and helped the lady out of the room. I will not be using Avid Care Cottages now or in the future for any of my loved ones.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things went during my tour of this community for my mother. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them. I liked the great activity program they had for the residents throughout the week as well as the dinning menu. It was just not the right location at the time for my mother.

Tour for care

This was a nice tour for the care for my father. The staff was very helpful and caring. We liked the menu and the activities from this community and wanted a small community for my father's care. We would recommend this community for families to tour for the care of a loved one.

Avid cottages

Avid cottages is by far the best place my step father has been in and he has been in 3 facilities since November 2015. Staff is so loving and helpful. They take such good care of him. He is always clean and comfortable. Adel Givings is an awesome owner. Loves her patients.

Grand Aunt found a Home

I toured last week. The house is very clean and the residents seem to enjoy where they live. Everyone is friendly, even the residents. I can't wait to let my out of state siblings know that we have found a home for our great aunt! Also, our tour guide was great!

Adel Givens

Hi Jimmy, Thanks for stopping by. We look forward to meeting your aunt very soon!

We toured this facility over two months ago. Since then we have visited at least 10 properties. Of them all Avid Care Cottages stood out amongst the rest. The staff is very caring and the cooked meals are delicious. We will be moving my aunt here soon. Very pleased!

Adel Givens

Thank you! We enjoyed having you. Please let us know if we can provide you with any assitance while planning your move.

Toured

Just took a tour on 4-8-2015. The house was very clean and the residents seemed happy there. The Resident Care Director is very knowledgeable and helpful. The prices are fair and the staff is friendly.

Thank You!

Not a good home took a tour, staff barely speak english. Had only two staff, whom sleeps at night. I also observed staff trying to stretch lunch. My mother will nit be attending

Adel Givens

Based on your review, it appears that you may have visited a different facility. (Please see response below).

Avid Care Cottages does not have any non-english speaking staff. Food is delivered on a weekly basis so there is never a shortage of food. Also, the average facility ratio is 1 caregiver to every 5 residents. However, we keep 2 caregivers on staff at all times no matter how few residents we have. We typically have no more than 10 residents at one time and if we ever did we would add another staff member.

Furthermore, tours are scheduled through our Resident Care Director. This is done so that we can provide you a total tour experience with all the information that you need and to ensure that all questions have been answered before leaving the facility. I would encourage you to contact our Resident Care Director at [removed] so that we can address your concerns.

Thanks,

Avid Care Cottages

Mom lived there almost a ye...

Mom lived there almost a year-unhappy with different circumstances.

Adel Givens

This business is now Avid Care Cottages with both new owners and staff. We encourage you to come visit with us so that you can see all of the updates and changes that have occurred. We recently went through a rigorous inspection from DADS (Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services) and passed with zero deficiencies. Avid Care Cottages not only is committed to exceeding state standards but we are also committed to providing quality living and care.

A few issues but a very nice owner

The value is pretty hard to determine. I think the price is high but there is a lot of service provided. The biggest downfall is the diet. The cooks there either aren't capable of preparing diabetic foods or they're not interested and as a medical facility I expect them to be intersted.

Helen's daughter buys the groceries and sometimes she does a good job and sometimes she does a shabby job and those times you're going to get a lot sandwiches. I also think they need to get some reasonably priced internet in there so my brother can communicate with his friends and family more.

Helen has been very agreeable and she is going to considerable lengths to improve things and fix any little problems that you're having.

Adel Givens

This business is now Avid Care Cottages with both new owners and staff. We encourage you to come visit with us so that you can see all of the updates and changes that have occurred. We now offer free cable and Wi-Fi. We also work closely with the appropriate healthcare personnel to create food menus according to the residents' needs. This includes having a diabetic menu and for other special needs.

Avid Care Cottages has beautiful, clean, small residential style homes with private and semi-private rooms available across North Houston, The Woodlands and Conroe areas.

We provide live-in, 24 hour staff, with RN/LVN care available.

Our monthly services are private pay , with semi-private rooms and private rooms. This rate does include ALL services, except medications and briefs, if needed.

AvidCare Cottages does provide in-house Dr services that do accept most insurance companies, and we also work with all Home Health and Hospice agencies.

We currently have rooms available! Call us today for your personal tour.