Poor Management

The care the residents receive from the care workers is wonderful. The are an extension of their own family and them treat them as such. The administration on the other hand is terrible. There is not concern what so ever on her part for staff or residents. For a facility to be such a recommended place in the begin and now is talked about so poorly within the community is sad. For corporate to see what's happening and continue to turn a blind eye is not impressive. I would not ever recommend this place to anyone unless some huge changes were made, starting with the head of the facility..

This is a beautiful place in my town and I am so disappointed in administrative staff as well as the nurse. However if I could rate the care workers with more stars as well as give them a raise for their hard work I would certainly do so. I am sad to see a place run so poorly, some big changes need to happen for the people and loved ones in this facility.

The Best

I have been nothing but impressed with Green Acres. My loved one has lived here in the memory unit for over a year and in every aspect the staff is attentive and kind.
The facility has always helped us understand and comply with HIPAA laws as they apply to my loved one, to help preserve her privacy and dignity. Communication between the facility and the guardians is superb.
I really like the way the staff physician and nurses work with my loved one's outside doctor and psych nurse to provide complete care.
My loved one is comfortable at Green Acres. The food is homemade and tasty and the rooms are quite spacious. The common area is inviting and warm, not at all clinical, which was a big plus in choosing a facility.
I also really like how small and cozy this facility is. It feels like family here and meets all of our expectations for our loved one.

UNPROFESSIONAL/ POOR COMMUNICATION SKILLS.

" Memory Care Unit
"The Direct Care Workers are wonderful. However, adminisrative staff does nothing to preserve the resident's rights. Additionally the level of communication between staff and family is abyssmal. The psychiatric nurse is clearly NOT familiar with family dynamics and I am not certain about his understanding of psychotropics. He will not return calls. Appatently this "professional" has made the decision that my mother cannot leave the facility. She is not permitted to walk with relative outside on a sunny and temperate day. The staff, however, can load her into facility bus and take her on a color tour. Staff have no dificulty being untruthful. This has been clearly NOT in the best interest of my mother. Staff will "side" with legal guardian regardless if it is a detriment to resident.

A tour

This looked like a nice community when I visited. They seemed to offer some nice amenities and activities. This community was a little more expensive than what we were looking for.

Seemed like a nice place!

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This seemed like a very nice place, overall! The staff were friendly and caring, the facility was clean, and the food looked very good! Unfortunately it was also fairly expensive, and not in the price range we were looking for.