Golden Manor - San Bruno, CA

I am so grateful for this facility; 5+ stars!

This facility was wonderful to my Mother and all of the staff members were so kind and attentive. Anytime I was there to visit my mom they were so wonderful to me as well. It is a family run facility and they treated my mom like their own mom. They communicated with me really well and I’m so happy we found this community. When she got here she was in hospice and they took the time to wash her, comb her hair, and make her look the best she could. I am so grateful for them and they made my mom’s last few days the best it could have been. I highly recommend this community to other families.

I would consider this facility for myself down the road

While we touring this facility it looked very nice. Unfortunately, the person who was supposed to a call the facility to tell them we were coming didn’t and they weren’t prepared. The building itself is very clean and well decorated. I didn’t pick this community because they did not have any rooms available. I did get a call shortly after and they had an opening. I would recommend this facility and I would even consider this facility for myself down the road.

Glad to have found this facility!!

My Mom moved in a week ago and so far I'm very impressed with the level of care and caring of this facility. They really want what's best for the residents and go above-and-beyond. Relieved to have my Mom there!!

Excellent place that brings high quality and affordability

I was really having a hard time finding a place for my mom near where I live in San Francisco. Everything is so expensive here. Golden Manor is just amazing. Its affordable, just a little more than what we were paying for her old place in Oregon, and the service is excellent. One problem with previous places is that in order to remain affordable they sometimes didn't have enough staff to really provide needed support. At Golden Manor there is always someone there when my mom or I need help and they are always friendly and capable. I was very nervous how my mom would react to the move, sometimes her dementia makes her suspicious or difficult to get along with new people. But she just loves Golden Manor. Its actually been amazing to me how much she does like it.

My mom passed away recently and I just wanted to add to my original comment to document what an excellent job the staff there did to make my mother as comfortable as possible in the final months of her illness and to make me always feel welcome. My mother had several different physical problems all getting worse and they made her cognitive state get progressively worse as well as causing her some significant pain. The people at Golden Manor really provided outstanding support for her. They were always patient and loving even when she was difficult to deal with. They helped me understand how she was doing and provided good input to me and the hospice nurse so that we could decide how much to increase her pain medication, always wanting to make her as comfortable as possible but without completely knocking her out. The staff and owner were always flexible and adaptable and regularly offered to help me out in various ways. Things like that make such a difference. Thanks to everyone there for helping us through this very difficult time.

My Parents Are Very Happy!

My dad lives there and I'm not in the area but my mom tells me about it. My dad is doing well. He wants to come home but it's too much work for my mom. I think they're doing a great job. I think they go out of their way to help my dad and my mom. A couple times, the guy that works there - he's the husband and part owner - has driven my mom home after she visits my dad. He's just been really great to both my parents. They're really happy.