Golden House Senior Living - Palm Coast, FL

Please be cautious

I want to let people know my family's experience with [Removed], the owner. We moved my father in to Golden House in [Removed]. At the time he was 81, wheelchair bound and had dementia.[Removed] assured me he could stay at GH until the end of his life. Based on this, I elected to move my father to GH. Approximately 8 months later my father was hospitalized and returned to GH with Hospice care. [Removed] agreed to this. A few months later, I hear via a Hospice employee, that [Removed] is kicking my father out. This was a surprise to all of us because he had no health change to prompt this. The proper protocol for an emergency transfer is a doctors note initiating it, and contact to the responsible person. In this case me, the POA. I finally heard from [Removed] 4 days later through a voice message where she told me, I know I told you your father could stay here until the end, but he is too much trouble. She also lied and said she had been sick and that's why she hadn't contacted me. I requested formal notification, a doctors note and 7 days following my notification to find a new residence for my father. She said no. It is not easy to find an appropriate long term transfer in less than a week. As for my father being too much trouble, I want to specify he had no tubes, special needs, etc. and could feed himself. I found this entire event extremely unprofessional.

Great Facility

Gabriela Pellosmaa is the owner of this facility, and I have seen her at her own facility there almost every day. She makes sure the place is kept clean and she always interacts with the doctors.

My mother has been at Golden House for 3 years now and we've never had a complaint. She is always showered, her clothes are always clean. She is always fed and her medications are always given on time.

A++ Facility

run away from this facility

The owner of Golden House decided to evict my grandmother with dementia by notifying her of a 45 day notice she had to move. My grandmother is 94 and has no idea what is going on. The owner had one of the staff contact my mother on Dec 28 that she had important mail at the facility. It was an eviction notice dated Dec 12. The facility did not pay any courtesy of contacting my mother of this decision or attempt in any way to work with her on timing while she worked to find another place for my grandmother. Many facilities have wait lists of many months. Couple this with the facility owner refusing to provide my grandmother's records to my mother when we removed her. The owner actually hung up the phone on my mother when a staff person called her while my mother was at the facility. While the ladies there seem to provide good care the owner is unscrupulous, insensitive, unempathetic and unprofessional. Think once, twice , 3 times and then don't leave your loved one with this woman. It is difficult as it is to be in this position without dealing with someone so uncaring and again unprofessional.

Approaching the older age does not mean that you must loose your independence, if there are certain daily living features that you need help with. If there is no a need to move into a full nursing facility, Golden House Assisted Living located in Palm Coast, FL has apartment-style living that provides assistance with daily living. Some senior citizens only need help with medication or housekeeping, and they are completely independent, then Golden House is for you. Golden House Assisted Living is senior living that is designed to offer a more independent lifestyle, but still offers assistance. Residents are free to come and go from their own beautiful apartment, as they choose. Located in Flagler County, Florida, there are many places to shop, to have lunch or dinner or to simply walk along the beach. Independent senior care at Golden House provides access to an excellent hospital, Florida Hospital Flagler, which scored 86 out of 100 in the annual Medicare review. Golden House senior living facility starts at $1,700 a month and comes highly reviewed. The payment methods accepted are Medicare, Medicaid and VeteranÆs Benefits, with Florida Hospital only three miles from our facility. The crime statistics for the surrounding neighborhood are lower than average, which makes Golden House are prime choice for independent living. We are in an exquisite location with a small town atmosphere, and so close to the Atlantic Ocean that you can almost hear the waves hitting the shore.