Golden Haven Care Home - Modesto, CA

Good location, not a good fit for my Mom.

They were not the most friendly staff

The cleanliness was okay. It is a big house and could use some cleaning. They were not the most friendly. The doctors orders said to give her Morphine for comfort and pain management. They would not give it to her. They would only give her Tylenol.

I wouldn't send anyone there.

I wouldn't send anyone there. It's sad how they treat the people there. They were rude to family and friends, as well as her. They told her they didn't like her. They are very regimented there, probably worse than jail. They get people up at 4 in the morning for breakfast and put them to bed at 6 in the evening. They tell you one thing and it's another when you get there.

Golden Haven is like Heaven

Overall, We are pleased with the facility. The general care has been excellent and the facility is very clean, visually pleasing and very calm and quiet.
We have been disappointed to see very little personal interaction between the residents and the staff, other than the required tasks of care. It appears the only activity is being placed in front of the television all day.
Compared to a large rehab care facility, Golden Haven is Heaven. We just wish they had more than two caretakers, so the personal interaction and social activities could be improved.

Terrible

I removed my mom because I did not feel comfortable with her being there. They were not beneficial to my mother. They don't agree with my thinking. They don't have very good social etiquette and I would not suggest anybody going there. I would not send someone there.

WARNING!

My grandma was here and she HATED it! The people that work there are disgustingly rude!!!!!!! Whatever you do, do not choose this place. They do not care about their job, therefore, it really shows! If I could, I would give this place NO stars! Its a HELL HOLE! You're welcome for the warning! :)