Glory Personal Care Home - Covington, GA

Best Home Ever

I left mom at glory PCH it was the best decision. We could have made. We had an issue with the ssi and the owners were extremely helpful in helping handling our situation, it helps if you communicate and ask for assistance. My mom loves the Rodgers. I have personally gone on several surprise visits the place is always clean and we'll maintained. Every other Sunday a singing minister stops by for music session and prayers if anyone wants to participate. My overall experience is one of awe and respect for this establishment. We went through 7 homessage before we found this GEM. THIS FAMILY IS OPEN AND HONEST

Peace of Mind, not so much

Updated September 2014-

Since I first wrote this review, I have seen things for what they really are. I thought I had done a good job. We thought we had found a great place, until we went out of state for a couple of weeks. When I got back into town, my loved one had bruises on her arms, and one was a pretty clear handprint. They said that medication was causing her to lean and they were pulling her up. The house smells overwhelmingly of mothballs. After speaking to her again, she doesn’t like it there at all. She has to ask for everything, and they don’t let her do anything by herself, not even getting a drink of water. She tells me that even though she is capable, they don’t let her bathe herself, or dress herself. She reports that they have two bathrooms, but they are only allowed to use one of them, and when she accidently headed toward the wrong bathroom, they snatched her around the hallway. There was an issue with the social security office, for the first time ever, and when I explained it to them, the owner got angry about the mix up and the late rent. After that encounter I was worried about leaving her there, with them being angry. We came back a little later to pick her up, and she let me know that he hadn’t been very pleasant to her, telling her to sit up like a lady, this is a business. We also found out that since she didn’t like what they were having for dinner they just didn’t feed her, they didn’t offer to make her something else. They have strict mealtimes too, from 5-5:30, when she complained that she can’t eat that fast they gave her ten extra minutes before they take her plate away. They have the doors dead-bolted, and locked, and all the shades are drawn all the time, if they do open them at all it is only the ones in the back.

I would say the lesson here is don’t always go by your first impression, do a trial stay first before you sign anything about giving thirty day notice, or any kind of commitment. We thought we had found the perfect place, we were wrong!

August 2014-

Though it has only been a week since placing my mom at Glory PCH. When I ask her she said she loved it. When I ask her how the food was her eyes lit up, "Omgish it's like being at Momma's" she replied. Very clean, nice home. I know she is being taken very good care of. Love the Stanley's

Glory PCH

Glory is the appropriate name for this home. I have felt such relief and satisfaction from the care and love given to my father. He has been accepted as a family member, not just another body. His appearance has changed from "death warmed over", to that of someone who is loved, respected and cared for properly. He is gaining weight, trying to walk, talking some, and kisses are flowing. I am so glad I have Daddy at Glory. It was the right decision for us. I feel at peace having Angela and Stanley caring for him.

Their home is clean and I have never smelled anything odorous. Everyone there is clean and well-dressed. Food is freshly prepared and it meets the needs of any medical conditions. They have outside people come in to entertain. Medical staff and spiritual leaders also visit and assist the residents.

Glory is truly a blessing for my Daddy. I am very happy and pleased with my decision to place Daddy at Glory

I wasn't impressed with thi...

I wasn't impressed with this home and their lack of respect for resident individuality.