Gardenia Home Care - Fountain Valley, CA

STOP! THIS IS THE PLACE!

At the outset let me say I did a lot of research before placing my mother in her first residence and then this one. Her first residence was lovely but I found they wanted to keep their guests sedated throughout the day. Although my mother had dementia she as high functioning.

My mother, “Win,” lived at the Gardenia Senior Residence from 2008 until her passing in 2011. I cannot say enough about the love and care she received during her time with the owners – yes, the owners live onsite – that was important to me. I wish I’d found them first.

Let me give you the highlights of my experience:

• The home and rooms were immaculate and so were the residents. The only smell I ever encountered was that of LaLaine’s (owner) wonderful home cooking!

• The backyard was like a small farm, with homegrown everything, thanks to “Pete,” LaLaine’s husband. He often included the residents in his farm, allowing them to water the strawberries or help shucking corn. The residents ate many, if not all, of the fruits and vegetables grown onsite.

• Pete and LaLaine not only invested in the residents but invested in us, the family, as well. We were invited to every holiday (and birthday) and treated to a banquet of wonderful cooking, treats and fellowship with other family members. At one point I told my husband, “If they’re putting on a holiday meal why should we cook one and bring mom here?” We spent Easter, Christmas and Thanksgiving with mom every year, in the comfort of her ‘own home.’

• The owners took great care in hiring staff and maintained vigilant watch over them. I enjoyed, and grew attached, to each staff member. My mother may not have remembered 15 minutes prior but she knew the name of her onsite caregiver and she always knew “Pete and “LaLaine.”

• The price of my mom’s room was very reasonable given what I researched and experienced. We are not affluent but I wanted to spend my mother’s small savings to help her live the last days of her life comfortably and with meaning. Gardenia Senior Care gave my mother’s life that comfort and meaning until her passing.

I can never thank them enough for the quality of life they gave my mother.

Private room, 2 of 3 other residents up in living room, house kitty pet, vegetable gardens.

they've been great

I really like Gardenia Home Care, better than the place that my mother was at before. As soon as I walked in I noticed that the place smelled nice and had a very cheery environment. Any time I go over there she is up and about rather than just sitting in her room alone as she was at the other place. The food there is very good as well, she is eating much better now. Everything about it has just been great. I have no complaints.