Fountain View Manor Memory Care - Granite City, IL

Caring and Compassionate Care

I moved my friend to the Fountain View Manor memory care unit last year and am very happy with the support he received there. After suffering a quick series of debilitating strokes, my friend rapidly developed symptoms of dementia and required memory care services. I initially placed him in another facility in the Belleville area, but quickly realized that he was not receiving adequate care or supervision. I then moved him to Fountain View Manor and immediately noticed a dramatic improvement in the quality of care provided. The physical facility at Fountain View Manor was far more home-like and inviting and, even more importantly, the staff seemed much more involved and caring. Though all of the staff did a great job, Nurse [Removed] and Aide [Removed] were especially noteworthy in the level of care they provided. It was obvious by watching them work and talking with them that they both cared deeply about the residents they supported. Both [Removed] took the time to get to know my friend and learn what he liked and did not like. They showed amazing patience in the care they provided, even as his condition worsened and the dementia transformed my normally polite and courteous friend into a person who became verbally and then physically [Removed]. Despite his change in demeanor, the staff still treated him with compassion and dignity, while ensuring that he was not a danger to himself or others. Though my friend died earlier this year as a result of his progressive illness, I know that he considered the Fountain View Manor staff to be his friends and I am grateful for their dedication and for ensuring that his final months of life were as pleasant as possible.

Wonderful

Overall this location was pretty wonderful. Everybody was nice, warm, and welcoming. We had placed my loved one there on a Monday and we came back on a Tuesday to visit. We saw my loved one dressed, in the dining room, and interacting with people. It was miraculous for us because it was hard to encourage her to get up and about at all while she was with us. To walk in to see her like that interacting with people is fabulous. I recommend this location.

I am happy for the care and the consideration that the staff gives the residents. The areas are clean and the care givers make the residents feel special.

Tour for mom

We toured this community for care. The community had rooms that you would of had to share the restroom . The menu looked appealing. We would suggest that families tour this community for care for a loved one

We toured this community. The community has an overbearing sales person that we did not care to speak with. The community is clean and the staff is nice. The menu was appealing to us. We would suggest a tour for other families for this community.

Very friendly staff that seems concerned about their residents,

Frontier Management

Fountain View Manor Memory Care - Granite City, Il Family, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. You really made our day today.

IT IS AWESOME

Frontier Management

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience with Fountain View Manor!

They have the best interest of the residents in mind!!

This community has a small town feel to it. I know the administration and they know me. Everybody is friendly and the kitchen staff are accommodating. My husband likes the food. One of the administrators feels they could use a few more outings and they are working on this. I feel comfortable with him living here and I would recommend this community.

Friendly Staff!!

Everything has been going fine with my mother in the community. The meals are good and nutritious. The staff are all very attentive and communicate very well. One thing the staff could work on would be having more staff available. There are many available activities for the residents. I would recommend this community to friends and family.

Fountain View Memory Care

My mother was in Fountain View Manor Memory Care in Granite City, IL 62040. I searched for awhile before we finically decided on Fountain View Memory Care some of the reasons we picked this facility was the separation of men and women, a big plus for me and my sister, the cleanliness, no stinky smells, the set-up of a table in the kitchen on the hall so we could take mom and eat by ourselves if we wanted and there also was a tv room with nice furniture (couch & chairs) nice size private rooms. This was in March 2013 the facility was very nice and most of the rooms on moms hall (100) was filled and mom was loved and taken care of by a few main caregivers and nurses and they know who they are. They loved mom and took care of her like the would of their own mama. I appreciate them more than you can imagine. My mom was there for a little over 3 years and in those years I saw the care center go down hill each year but the rent kept going up. The first to go was the nice furniture in the tv room. If it wasn't for the caregivers who was fabulous and moms declining health we would of moved her, but the other memory care center couldn't take her because her health was declining. The cost was more than insurance covered and now the care center is losing residents and are down to 2 halls. They are also under staffed and the food isn't great for the prices you pay. The visiting nurses was great and so was the caregivers who took care of mom and the nurses. My mom passed away and lived her final days with people who truly loved her thank you for taking care of her. The facility just isn't as nice any more and the administration has changed 3 times I think there is only one person in the office that is still there. If I was looking now I probably wouldn't pick this home. The corporate office only cares about money not the people who work for them or the residents. They now have men and women together on the same halls since they are under staffed and a lot lest residents. The cost is over $6000.00 per month

Accommodating & Friendly

Fountainview Manor Memory Care has been fantastic about working with us as a family to meet a number of my mom's unique medical needs. Nurses and caregivers are quick on their feet, use creative problem-solving techniques, and treat my mom like a member of their own family. We are excited to see the life enrichment staff help my mom come out of her shell. She now participates in select activities; something that never happened 7 months ago.

Frontier Management

Kristy, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with our community. It's always a compliment to hear when our staff does a fantastic job. It's important to us that each resident receives the best, quality care, and we're happy that we are meeting this goal! Thanks again for taking the time to review Fountain View! We're thrilled that your mom's senior living experience has been a positive one here!

LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME

Understaffed and unconcerned about residents. This place spends all their money making sure the landscape and building look fabulous so do not be fooled. If your loved one needs special care they will not get it here. They have one person per community on staff to serve. There are more office workers than care workers. The food is lacking to say the least and if your loved one needs help eating good luck! My grandfather has had the same food stains on his wheelchair for days and I have observed residents asking repeatedly for help to the restroom which went ignored. I guess this is way other places have a waiting list and this place is practically empty.

Communication Needs Improvement

They are friendly enough and the staff members are keeping her occupied. I think that communication could be improved a lot though. There needs to be some better communication between us and the caregivers.

more feedback on how things are going

It would be nice at Fountain View Manor Memory Care to get reports or more feedback on how things are going from their perspective. That is really the only thing I would make mention of. Otherwise I am happy with the way things are going at this facility.

Peace of mind with Fountain View Manor

This is a wonderful facility which makes the residents feel it's as home like as possible. All of the staff is just great and the nurses keep me well informed on Mom's condition. I know that if I don't get by to see Mom for a few days, since I don't live in town, that she is in good hands. I would recommend Fountain View Manor to anyone. Their rent scale depends on the level of care your loved one needs.

It was okay. People were very nice. ...

It was okay. People were very nice. Shared apt would be ideal. Not overly impressed by activity schedule or happenings in the service area.. Just okay.

Love the staff and this facility they...

Love the staff and this facility they made mom a part of their family.

This was a very nice facility. We rea...

This was a very nice facility. We really liked it.

Fountain View Manor is a memory care community located just minutes from downtown St. Louis.
Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia is never easy. It is a painful and frustrating journey. Fountain View Manor provides a warm, inviting and familiar environment for residents with staff trained to serves those requiring memory care.
At Fountain View Manor you will find warmth, acceptance and above all, the patience to care for our residents. You will feel confident that our staff is giving your loved one the constant care and attention that one caregiver alone cannot be expected to provide.
Our barrier-free community features continuous walking and outdoor opportunities, while along the way providing familiar living rooms, outdoor areas, lounges and quiet spaces.
The atmosphere here offers a sense of home and comfort, reducing the feelings of loneliness and confusion. We understand how important this is to our residents and their loved ones.