Forest Glen Lodge - New Port Richey, FL

terrible

in nature

I like Forest Glen Lodge because it is in nature and has a country feeling. It makes you feel like you are home. The only thing I have an issue with is I like to pay monthly and I am not able to do that. Also the staff need to be a little more consistent, some are good some are bad. Overall I am pretty pleased here.

They are very attentive. They take very good care of Angie, and can improve on basically nothing. The food is good. She is very well kept. I don't tell them when i'm coming and when I get there every single time she has been clean with her hair done and nails, everything. I have nothing bad to say about the facility. They are always available and there for any questions no matter what. I am very pleased.

A patient eloped from the facility

It's a secured unit. A patient eloped from the facility. The staff was friendly. There is a lot of activities that they offer to keep the residents busy.

DANGER! WARNING! Do NOT put any family member here, not even a pet. The owner [removed] is actually an evil mean spirited person. My mom overstayed here a year, my mistake (out of state). Don't take my word for it, ask around the medical field and other agencies listening to their reaction. I made almost a fatal mistake placing my mother here fooled by the atmosphere of the grounds with animals and the non-institutional feel inside but don't be lured by this. I've never written a review on anything, feeling it was my responsibility to do so.

There is no one attending a front desk, people/anyone can walk in and out unknown.

Staff is very limited and scarce, look around.

Patients unnoticed for hours on the floor or unchecked, high incident ratio.

They misrepresent food menu choices, you get what they put down which is usually the same thing day after day. Was there when the owner, [removed], harshly announced "NO complaining anymore! You'll eat what's put before you!"

Limited activities and nothing on wknds.

They do not have nurses and my moms meds were mishandled all the time causing medical issues.

The stuff does not seem happy, high over-turn, and only one or two overnight for the entire unit. See for yourself.

This is a sad case of greed, all about the money not people. Currently I am filing complaints with every bureau possible to get the word out as most people in the community are aware of the horrendous conditions, which I discovered after-the-fact. Don't let this happen to you. Learn from my experience not yours. I'm riddled with guilt of a poor choice but can warn others. Hope this helps someone.

Had a tour this a.m. Would...

Had a tour this a.m. Wouldn't consider. Old & dirty with chickens running around outside.

This facility is very nice and clean....

This facility is very nice and clean. Staff is very friendly. The residents seemed happy. Not a good fit for Mom.