First Light Home Care of the Wiregrass - Dothan, AL

First Light Home Care of the Wiregrass - Dothan, AL has yet not published prices.

Untrained or Careless Caregivers

We have one caregiver, [Removed] who meets the needs and has the professional knowledge to care for Mrs. Rammelkamp. It has been a rotating door of inexperienced caregivers. One left my fall risk mother in law in the shower alone with the bathroom door shut. One could not seem to pull herself together because we had cats which unnerved her. One texted and used phone continuously. We have an organized setup, but several have not been able to come in without detailed instructions. One or two that left dirty dishes or could not handle patient comfortably. We have notified each time. [Removed] should have noted each time that we have let them know. Again, Jamecia is the only caregiver that works efficiently and seamlessly. Taking good notes and always monitoring and assisting Mrs. Rammelkamp. We are working with the Montgomery office but not sure if we can continue if Jamecia is not available. Very shocking how some of the caregivers have passed the interview and or recommendations.

Good Help From This Agency

My mom is in the care of two ladies who assist her for 4 hours. The staff take good care of my mom by helping her with basic things, they also do light house cleaning and up keep the house. Since meals on wheels bring her lunch everyday, the staff have no need to prepare her meal. The ladies who help my mom are friendly and personable and I would recommend this agency.

They have gone above and beyond

They have gone above and beyond everything I could have asked for. They take her everywhere, and they are being good companions to them. When an emergency happened they were right there. They went with her to the hospital and even called someone else to stay with him. I could never have done all that from where I am.

Well-run company who delivered on their promises.

Overall Satisfied and good

My mother in-law uses the services of first light home care of wiregrass. As to cleanliness, they are 5 stars, but sometimes, they don't put things back where they got them from and my mother in-law has a hard time finding things again. in terms of activities and care services, I would give them four and half to five stars. I would not call them nursing assistant, because it's more of assisted care. not nursing or medical assistance. They take her shopping or help her with cleaning, cooking or anything heavy type work.

They come to my parents' home three t...

They come to my parents' home three times each week for four hour intervals and do lots of housework and chores.

Great to know when Debra is coming and that she'll take care of the needs my parents have for shopping and cleaning around their home.

Really good management

I'm very pleased with them, they'll do whatever you want. They ask you if you want them to do a light house cleaning and they'll do that. To be honest, out of the several people we've had in the house some were good and some were not so good. I have talked to First Light about some that were not so good and the management seemed to be really good, really concerned. They've called me and we've have little conferences and I'm well pleased with the management. That's really where your decision ought to be made.

What I've told them, and it's been that way ever since I asked, is to put the main thing the main [removed] to be with my wife, be a companion and keep her safe.

To put it in context, these ladies are not registered nurses, you're not going to get people in there who are professionals but they screen these people really well and the folks that we've had are really pretty good.

First Light Home Care of the Wiregrass is a national franchise organization located in Dothan, AL, which covers the surrounding Wiregrass area. We specialize in helping adults of all ages enjoy the best quality of life possible by offering non-medical care wherever and whenever they need it. Seniors that need some assistance in order to stay in their homes, families with members who have special needs or disabilities, someone recovering from an illness or surgery, even people who just need someone to talk to and visit with as they move through life: we are here for all of them, and for you. Our companion care, personal care, and dementia care services are available at home, in nursing and assisted living facilities, and hospitals—wherever they can do the most good. We provide assistance with things such as bathing, light housekeeping, meal preparation, transportation and other various needs. We are a licensed, bonded and insured company that employs CNA's that have been background checked and drug screened. Please give us a call to discuss our rates.