Bell Oaks Place - Newburgh, IN

Bell Oaks Place - Newburgh, IN has yet not published prices.

This facility was nice and had a lot to offer. We decided a memory care facility is our 1st choice

An Enjoyable Community

My dad had a good experience while he has been living in the community. Everything there is great for him.

Exceptional in Every Way

Our independent, active mother's health suddenly declined, and we were faced with finding her an assisted-living facility ASAP without any forethought or preparation. We only knew that it had to be welcoming, bright, and pleasant with great-tasting food and exceptional care. (Everything her rehab facility lacked.)
While researching area facilities, my sister-in-law made several calls to inquire about services and availability. During that process, an administrator at an independent senior living facility without assisted living recommended that we look at Bell Oaks Place. In fact, she said, "If I were looking for a place for my loved one, I would look at Bell Oaks Place. It's small, beautifully maintained and the caring, professional staff has very little turnover."
That did it! We immediately called and spoke with [Removed], the vivacious, passionate and compassionate facility manager. A couple hours later, I was touring the lovely facility.
The setting is idyllic, tucked in a little green space just a couple blocks off Hwy 66, and the building itself resembles a resort more than an assisted-living facility. Upon entering the lobby, the first impression is cheerful and welcoming. Natural light floods the room which is beautifully appointed with upholstered furniture, fresh flowers and tasteful accessories. Upbeat music also welcomes one’s arrival. But, most impressive was Laurie waiting by the door with a huge smile and an outstretched hand to welcome me. Honestly, after spending 5 weeks visiting Mom in her dark, dank rehab facility, I was thrilled with what I saw and felt.
The rest of the tour only further solidified my first impression. The dining room is spacious yet intimate and again beautifully appointed. The hallways are personalized by each resident's "front porch" which is decorated by its owner and immediately offers a sense of the person living within the apartment. The variety of adornments and knickknacks represents the wide range of life experiences and interests of all those fortunate enough to have found a home at Bell Oaks Place and makes the hallways uniquely inviting and interesting. The apartments are spacious with new paint and carpeting upon move-in, a small refrigerator and a microwave, but best of all, each resident brings his/her own furniture and accessories to create a truly personal living space with homey familiarity.
At the end of my tour, I arranged to bring Mom for a visit. Needless to say, she was equally impressed, but before making a final decision, she wanted to taste the food, so a couple days later, Mom and I had a delicious lunch in the private dining room, and that was that!
Mom moved in 4 days later and has been here just over 2 months. My mother, an outstanding cook, hostess and homemaker who never accepted less than the very best from herself and others is completely happy in her new home! She has not one complaint, and after being widowed 12 years ago, she is enjoying the camaraderie of meal times and activities. She has even started gaining back all the weight she lost while in rehab because she is eating so well. Now that she’s gaining strength and endurance and feeling better overall, she's looking forward to her first day trip on the Bell Oaks bus.
[Removed], head of nursing, has an unmatched passion for his residents and their well-being. Living 1000 miles away, I worried about Mom's day-to-day care, but I sincerely doubt she could receive better or more personal care anywhere else. The staff is quite simply outstanding. Will, head of maintenance, does everything with a smile and is quick to respond or help with even the simplest request. Jessica, community relations, has an effervescent personality that just draws one in, and she thoughtfully surprised Mom with a welcome gift tailored to her love of flowers. Mom was delighted to find a beautiful orchid plant and note awaiting her when she arrived in her new home. All the while, [Removed] continues to be a bright light at the helm of this exceptional facility. I wish I could name each and every person here who has touched our lives and made Mom's transition so much easier. We treasure each and every one of them!
The bottom line?
Bell Oaks Place ROCKS!!!

Wonderful place.

Best kept secret in South Western Indiana. My father has been there for a year and loves it. The management and staff are wonderful.

Best Kept Secret

Hands down, best kept secret in Southern Indiana! FOOD IS GREAT!!!!!

Best Kept Secret in Southern Indiana

They have a new Chef and Staff that are the best in the business. Family member absolutely loves it and calls this place their home!

Gorgeous!

This place is just gorgeous and we loved it here. The staff was really involved in the patients lives. If it had not been so far we would have had mom here. We feel that distance makes a difference.

Excellent food and compassionate staff

Hands down the best assisted living in the area

We liked Bell Oaks, but the food wasn't so great.

We liked Bell Oaks, but the food wasn't so great.

We love the place.

We love the place. We have no worries at all. The activities are awesome, they have entertainment 3 nights a week. We have not had a problem with housekeeping and laundry, it's been great. The food is awesome. It's clean and cheerful, the staff is so friendly and speaks to everyone. I would recommend them to everyone. They have an alternate menu that they offer all day everyday, in case you don't like what they are having. it's a gourmet cafeteria. It's great!

excellence

My dad has dementia. The wonderful people at Bell Oaks are giving him superb care. I'm so glad I placed him with them.

Compassion and caring

My father has severe Dementia. I moved him from a facility he had lived at for two years to be closer to me so I could help him. It has been difficult for him, but, the care and compassion he is receiving is amazing! I am so happy with my decision.

One Happy Family

Bell Oaks Place has done an excellent job in helping mom adjust to assistant living. The staff is friendly and make you feel like we now have an extended family too! Mom is 90 years old and thought it would take awhile to adjust to a new home but to our surprise she is doing a lot of activities and has made new friends! Bell Oaks Place is beautiful. They offer the safe surroundings and security that mom needs From the administrator 's to housekeeping everyone seem to care about each resident.
Thank you, A Place for Mom, for your help in finding a
Wonderful place for our mom.