Carroll Senior Living - Westminster, MD

Brookdale Senior Living - Can they be trusted?

My father received good care at this facility. He recently pass and while my family was dealing with the loss, an expensive Bose stereo system was stolen from his locked apartment.

Overall Pleased

My mother is doing very well with her move to this community. There is some room for improvements, but overall all is well. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. I know she is safe, and in good hands in this community.

Beautiful facility. I would love to live there myself! If mom decides to come to Maryland, this will be the place we choose.

Better Dementia Care

My mom still has her falls but the staff are there to help her. The staff are phenomenal and terrific in every way. They are pretty caring and understanding of dementia. I saw my mom holding hands with one of the ladies. The community is clean and they provide activities like cooking and crafts. For Halloween the residents dressed up and my mom did not take off her costume and everything till it was time for bed. She is in a much better community than her prior place and I would recommend them to my friends and family.

My loved one is picky and extremely stubborn. He's not happy. I've met with admin to try and work it out.

Not A Single Issue

My mom is living at this wonderful and amazing community. I like how they ask for my opinion before acting upon a decision. The staff go over and beyond for the residents like providing them with adult activities like jewelry making, casino nights and dining out. The food smells and looks fantastic! The community is always immaculately clean! I am amazed with the results from physical therapy and overall my mom is happy so I am happy and I would highly recommend this community!

Pathetic place

Employees are rude and unprofessional. They give residents very little food. Over the summer it smell bad and insects are flying all over. Employees like to gossip and sometimes the nurses do not give residents medicine as required.

DO NOT PUT YOUR FAMILY MEMBER HERE!
My Aunt lived her for just over a year (March 2014 to May 2015) and got pneumonia 5 times [removed]. They didn't refill her medications and she didn't receive her neutralizer treatments for 5 days.
In March, they didn't realize we took her to the doctor in the afternoon. The doctor admitted her to the hospital. The next day at 11 am, I went there to get a few belongings and they didn't know she was gone!
HOW DO YOU LOOSE A PATIENT FOR ALMOST 24 HOURS!?!
Who was checking on her?
Who gave her evening and next morning medications and neutralizer treatments?
Why didn't they notice she was not at dinner or breakfast?
They also don't follow doctor’s order to notify him of fever > 101. They gave my aunt Tylenol for 3 days for a fever greater than 102 and did not call the doctor. She had pneumonia! [removed]
I could go on and on. HER DOCTOR TOLD US TO TURN BROOKDALE/EMERITUS OF WESTMINSTER INTO THE STATE FOR FAILURE TO CARE FOR THEIR RESIDENTS.
The food is terrible. The menu is not dependable because they don't order correctly. They charge extra for Lactaid milk which is just ridiculous when you’re paying over $6,000 a month to live there. Each meal has tops two choices and it repeats itself every 3 days.
My aunt lost over 50 pounds in one year and the facility nurse said it was not their job to monitor the resident’s food intake, weight gain or loss, or diet. They didn't even remind or encourage my aunt to eat or attend meals!
This is supposed to be assisted living for memory care patients. IT IS THEIR JOB TO REMIND PATIENTS AND ENCOURAGE PATIENTS TO EAT!

Helpful, friendly staff

Overall I think they do a good job at Emeritus at Westminster. The staff here are friendly and helpful, and always very attentive and active with the residents. Really the only issue so far has been that the food service could use some improvement. The food itself is not that great, and they often will list things on their weekly menu that they do not end up serving.

good value

Though Emeritus at Westminster is not cheap, I did choose it because it was actually a better value than other options we looked at.

I am not quite as impressed with the doctor as I am the rest of the staff. When he came, he asked a lot of questions about mom (such as "what kind of heart problems does she have") that I felt he should have already read and known beforehand.

Any time I ask them for assistance, I always get it. They are very accommodating. Dad has lived independently up until now (he is 97) so it has been a hard transition for him, but Emeritus has made the transition as good as it can be.

Good Value

I would definitely recommend Emeritus at Westminster to someone looking for a good assisted living situation. It's clean and there are no odors that you sometimes get with these places. All of the residents seem to be nice and clean. I think it's a good value. There are less expensive places but I think you get what you pay for. It's very good. They're good with the residents and very flexible with their needs and helpful and flexible with the families of the residents. If you want to take them out for the day, they'll work with you. We searched a lot of places and they came out on the top of our list.

Just "OK". kind of dark seemed too "n...

Just "OK". kind of dark seemed too "nursing home for mom" Prices really good. Nice size bedroom. RN-50-60 hrs on site 24 hr on call.CNA/med-tech 24hrs.keep thru N stage/hospic Pendent to ea resident

this may be a possibility in the fut...

this may be a possibility in the future for us.

Tim and Debbie looked at this one.

Tim and Debbie looked at this one.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.