Not as Good as it looks

A loved one lives at Elder Care. The place is clean and new. Less than 5 years old. The line staff is great however management is very poor. Such as not returning phone calls or emails. Each unit can house up to 15 adults. Caregivers are 2 two a shift on 1st and 2nd on third it goes two 1 per cottage. The common space does has only seating for 6-7. Meal are poor unless you like hot dogs and or grilled cheese for nights and weekend nights meals. Noon lunch is great however but cook only is there from what I can tell is M-F. Don't try to find Management after 5 pm on a Friday til Monday morning. The can't be found Looking for a new place.

Elder Care Cottages

I toured Elder Care while looking at living options for my father. Overall, I didn’t feel that Elder Care would suit our needs. The design was a smaller cottage situation, and they didn’t give very many food options at mealtimes compared to other communities I looked at. This was important to him, as my father was a bit of a picky eater, so the more options, the better. I was also concerned about the fact that they often seemed short staffed, and they also didn’t have any supervision in the community at night. In general, We just didn’t find Elder Care suitable for our needs.

Wonderful care community

Wonderful assisted living facility. Caring staff, delicious home cooked meals and small comfortable cottages. There are twelve rooms in each cottage which means personal well managed care for the residents. They are treated with respect and caring. There is a central community room where all are encouraged to take part in activities and meals. Truly one of kind assisted living concept in quiet beautiful Waterford, WI

My sister and I looked at this place....

My sister and I looked at this place. It is very nice with a very homey atmosphere. Unfortunately it is not a locked facilty and there is no discount for 2 people. only one person to a room which does not help with both parents needing assistance.

The Elder Care Cottages of Wisconsin is a fresh approach to traditional Assisted Living. We have designed each of Our Cottages to be home to 12 Elders, each with their own private bedroom and bath. At the heart of the Cottage is an open kitchen where meals are served family style and the Elders are encouraged to participate in the planning and preparation of meals. We are a Christian Community that is dedicated to the principle that everyone is entitled to live and work in an environment which provides companionship, growth, and a sense of belonging. For seniors who want support with daily living or the opportunity to meet new friends, the Elder Care Cottages of Wisconsin is a place where individual voices are heard and individual choices are respected.