Elder Estates, LLC - New Carrollton, MD

My choice for my mom

Small home but very inviting. I arrived unannounced at lunch time. They residents were eating a delicious looking lunch and appeared to be clean. All of the residents gave the owner praise and said they loved living there. The owner seems to have a lot of expertise with dementia and provides a lot of activities. I asked to be put on wait list for my mom.

ElderCare Estate is a Jewel

I have visited 10 assisted living facilities in the search for a facility for my mother with Alzheimer’s. ElderCare Estates is by far the best. Quality of Care, Beautiful Home Environment. Activities for the Residents. Small and personal. The owner is a certified dementia provider and she knows what she is doing! ElderCare Estates is a jewel!

Visited the home on 1/8/18. I loved and felt the warmth of a home atmosphere. [Removed] is very passionate about her work and seems to have great compassion for the needs of her clients. In addition to personal and physical care, she provides various activities and outings to keep their mental abilities stimulated and fosters an atmosphere of socialization and interaction with each other. I was very impressed with the visit. It is my top consideration out of the four I have contacted (three visited including hers and one by phone contact).

My daughter was very impressed with the facility and the ladies the only concern that she has is that my dad is in a wheelchair, she did not see a ramp to be able to get him into the house.

-Very comforting environment.
-seniors living there appeared to be very content.
-senior activities and meals are well are well planned.
- [Removed] answered all questions and shared all area of home. Home well organized and well kept.

Elder Care Assisted Living, New Carrolton, MD

My Uncle Henry is a resident of Elder Estates ([Removed], owner and [Removed]the manager). I am unable to express in words how this has changed his life. Uncle [Removed] has dementia. However since he has resided at elder estates His memory has increased. He's happy , engaged, stimulated, challenged and he just is an overall different person in the best way possible.

My Uncle Has a pin pal; is taken on trips and weekly activities are planned. We can't begin to thank [Removed] and staff for the excellent care given to Uncle [Removed]. He's more active now then he was some 5 years ago!! I made the comment once to a staff member "this really feels like Uncle [Removed] home". She replied that's because it is......l

Thank you staff!
[Removed]

I read about this community on the internet. I stopped by unannounced on a Tuesday morning. The owner was there and works there regularly. She was doing an activity with them on tablets, but agreed to tour. Although the home is small, its very inviting, smells good and makes you feel you are at your parents place. The owner seemed very knowledgeable about dementia and shared her mom has dementia. They seem to do a lot of activities and exercises there. She has 3 men and 1 lady. No current vacancy but I would love to have my dad there although I was looking in laurel area.

Care Provided With Love

My mother was at Elder Estates briefly, as she unfortunately passed away not long after moving there. However, during her time there, I was impressed by how knowledgeable the caregivers were about dementia and Alzheimer's. [Removed] was great about keeping me informed of any behaviors or concerns she had about Mom; stayed on top of her medications; and made useful suggestions that she felt would be helpful. The home was always neat and clean, smelled fresh, and most importantly, the other residents seemed to be content and well taken care of. Had Mom lived, I would have been confident that her care was in the best hands. [Removed] and her staff provide a safe, caring and loving environment, which is so important for our elders.

A Home Away From Home

When you walk in the door of Elder Estates a welcoming aura envelopes you; the residents are friendly and happy I believe because they are treated well. [Removed] genuinely showers her residents with love and affection. The home is clean and tidy and the residents are on a daily routine schedule. This is the place where you would want your loved ones to reside.

My brother lived there for a while, & I can’t say enough good things about the place. The home is kept in tip top shape. The food is healthy & delicious. The owner still checks on my brother even though he moved & back to work. Very good place.

A truly 5-star facility. Ms. Jackson has been a delight throughout our father's experience. The home is very warm and inviting. There are weekly activities and monthly outings planned for the residents that keep them fully engaged. The team at Elder Estates has done a excellent job of keep my family well informed of my father's progress and event maintains communications that can be presented to his doctors. I can't thank them enough for the marvelous job that they are doing.

I had a chance to vist this amazing place. It was so warm and friendly..the owner was just great a loving and caring person. I know my Mom would be in great hands. At the moment they did not have the room for my Mom. I really hope her business contines to grow so she can have more rooms. The other residents seem so happy there. one BIG happy family!

A safe haven

I have only been to visit and have had contact with the owner but was very impressed! The staff is professional and clearly dedicated. The facility was clean and inviting.
The owner told us that they have a lot of activities for the residents including field trips and "vacation"!

The best facility of all! Top-notch -- Rating A+++

-cleanest and best organized of all group homes
- too small felt clautrophbic
-not easy access to basement for activities (putting in a stair lift)
-mom would be the only white resident
-liked the owner a lot her mom also has dementia and you can see she tries harder than the other places with activites etc.

Loving, Caring and Clean Home for Your Loved One -- IMPRESSIVE!!

We are so very pleased with Elder Estates and the care our Mother is receiving there. My Mom was in another private home for on month before moving her to Elder Estates. My Mother is very important to me and finding the right place was one of the biggest decisions my brother and I have ever had to make. So I visited 20 homes in one week, many on this site and I can tell you NONE of them could compare or even come close to the warmth and sincerity that was immediately shown by the owner and care giver. She cares and treats my Mother like a member of her own family and is consistent My Mother is smiling, comfortable, all of her vitals have improved and when I drove her back there Christmas night from our family time together, she said I am back home with a smile in her voice! They do activities, stay on top of her physical therapy appts. keep her clean and looking good and keep me informed. The home is immaculate, cozy and the care is OUTSTANDING! We can finally rest in peace knowing our Mom is in an environment that is nurturing, staff are diligent, food is good and schedules are kept in a RELAXED manner. Elder Estates is not just a business like so many others, but is a place where your loved one will be genuinely cared about, like the residents in this home. Trust me, you want to make this home one of your first stops!! I visit often, but my brother and I are totally at peace and able to relax and resume our lives now that our Mom is at Elder Estates, We have not had that same sense of comfort for months and it was mentally and physically exhausting. Elder Estates could easily be the model for what these private homes should be like. Sad to see how many others are run. If you are looking for a place for you loved one where you know he/she will be well taken care of, respected and they will enjoy being, stop by Elder Estates.