Crosswood Oaks - Citrus Heights, CA

Mom was happy here

Mom lived here for 2.5 years and was very independant and loved it. But she needed more care and had to move. This community was always nice and clean. It was an older building. The food was ok it wasn't a five star restaurant. She loved all the daily activities they had to offer her.

NO CHEF ON DUTY

I listen to my mom who lives here complain at how bad the food is here. It makes me sad that after the high cost she pays the food is served untasty, small portions, no seconds available they're always out, and no condiments on the table. If they want something like ketchup for there
hot dog they have to run to the kitchen to get it.
When they called in early for a meal substitute asking for a grilled cheese instead they were told were out of bread. really!
now thats just ridiculous.
I can go on but at this point you should be able to get
that the dining experience is nothing to be excited about.

Independent living only, but healthcare and hospice available. Long corridors and few elevators. they are keeping costs down. Consequently no breakfast served, but cereal available. They don't do linen as others do, etc. Otherwise, pleasant. 31/2 stars.

Avg age 84; As young as 62; 2 meals, laundry room, cleaning, lots of socialization. Apartment style - Studio $2550, 1BR start @ $2970. There are 121 apartments; Of 115 people, 10 under 70.

Friendly staff!

My tour of Crosswood Oaks also went well. The tour guide that we met with was knowledgeable and friendly, they took us around the building. It all came down to my mother's decision and she chose another community.

I took a tour!

I toured many communities with being Crosswood Oaks. It was a very nice community. All of the staff were welcoming and the tour guide that took me around the building was knowledgeable and friendly. It was a good experience, but not the best for my loved ones.

Great staff

The staff is really great and very welcoming.

The service was excellent. The entire staff were friendly and very helpful. They were always cheerful to see you.

The residents were also friendly and happy to see a new face. Would recommend Crossood oaks to all.

Four Stars

Well we are having some problems with the bookkeeping process of the place right now. We are just trying to get all of her payments in order. But that is about the only problem that we have had with Crosswood Oaks.

Good value, nice place, comfortable location

Value is good compared to the other places we looked at. It's independent living, not alot of services. They provide meals. We were looking for a place for my Dad. They have a pretty good ratio of men. They have alot of activities. They seem to be very friendly. They always welcome us. The meals are good; they provide lunch and dinner; it would be good if they provided breakfast. We narrowed it down to three places, and my father chose it because it is only a mile from us, and in the same neighborhood, so he feels more comfortable.

Very nice ! Felisha was ...

Very nice ! Felisha was a gem ! The place was beautiful and the people were very happy. But, too expensive for us

Beautiful, comfortable older community

Things have gone very well so far at Crosswood Oaks! It's a very nice looking place, it is an older building so it may not feel as modern and sterile as a brand new community, but it is a clean and comfortable environment. The surrounding environs are beautiful! It is located in a wooded area with plenty of places to walk, and you'll often see turkeys and rabbits when you're out! The only negative aspect for me is that many of the residents are not as active or mobile as I am, which limits social options somewhat, but I and a few others are trying to get some activities started for the more active residents. It's a great place, it is quirky and has a lot of character, and I would highly recommend it to others!

Felisha was very nice. The...

Felisha was very nice. The location of the facility was great - right next to the library. Rooms seemed clean with different areas for gathering for games and activities. Restaurant looked very nice too. This was the first facility I have visited so hard to compare. Only drawback may be that it is independent living only - would have to move if situation with mom changed.

Beautiful grounds, outdated, no secur...

Beautiful grounds, outdated, no security gates.

Very nice place. Wonderful home-made...

Very nice place. Wonderful home-made bread, different every day. Most impressed with park, Sr. Cntr., and public library within just a few minutes walk; great walking path 1/3 miles, around grounds.

Director gave us a tour; friendly, op...

Director gave us a tour; friendly, open and positive. Beautiful place and surroundings.

beautiful setting, younger, friendly ...

beautiful setting, younger, friendly guests. xtra 4x4x4 storage, one bedroom would be best. studio is one room, not an L. church, beauty salon, 2 meals a day, Kit in units

Crosswood Oaks takes Independent Living in Citrus Heights to the next level with amenities and services desired by today’s seniors. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to the world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Our spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom apartment homes sit on a greenbelt with majestic oaks and towering redwoods, creating a warm, country-like feel with the conveniences of a big city all within reach. Residents receive prompt and attentive care from our friendly and knowledgeable staff members while enjoying the freedom to get out and shop at local stores, dine at a plethora of local and national chain restaurants and take in the sights and sounds of the surrounding Sacramento area while taking advantage of the courtesy transportation we offer. Our community offers two meals a day from an award-winning menu, with food served restaurant style in our Golden Oaks Dining Room. We offer residents a vibrant lifestyle that encourages health and independence through innovative recreational, educational, health and wellness programs. Our residents are more than just neighbors, with regular planned events uniting them for off-site trips to San Francisco, South Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley and Apple Hill. Transportation also can be arranged to nearby medical facilities In case of an emergency.