Carefree North Natomas - Sacramento, CA

Smelled awful. Shabby common rooms. Residents struggling to get around in their walkers with their dentures out. No overnight help for the residents. One shuttle bus that seems to go only to casinos. No way.

Care for a loved one

I like this community. The staff has been helpful and caring.We like the menu that has been offered. I like when I can have a meal with here. The community has been helpful to help her with the activities so that she can improve. The community comes highly recommend for the care of a loved one

Clean Apartment!!

I have recently made the move into this community and I have no complaints of how things are going. The staff where very helpful with the transition and have made sure to answer any questions I have had for them. The apartment has a lot of great amenities and was clean for me upon move in. Overall it has been the perfect choice for me to the make the move into this place and I would recommend it to anyone.

Quick to respond

The staff have been kind and gracious. There were some things that did not not get taken care of before mom moved in, however they were quick to respond and take care of these. They do offer a meal plan and the community is well taken care of. Mom is more active since moving into this community and is getting involved in the association meetings. They offer efficiencies to rent when family members come to visit. I would recommend this community.

Care and Comfort

I like this community for the great care and the wonderful staff members. I like knowing that she likes the clean environment when she is walking the out door area. The variety of healthy meals are very pleasing. The do have a lot of nice activities for the residents. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Know what you're getting into

I really liked this community and was looking forward to moving in. I was told if I put a deposit down I could get a portion of it back within 24 hours if I decided to back out of the move. I put a deposit down on Wednesday and went in Thursday to cancel it and they didn't give me the deposit back. It's been months and the administrator is still ignoring my calls.

Comfortable Living!

Things are going well since I made the move into the CareFree. The place is nice, I am still getting used to the smaller space. They have a clubhouse where they do activities, I recently went to a Christmas party and it was a lot of fun. I've made new friends just by walking my dog. The only complaint I have is that the maintenance repair was a little slower than I hoped for. I had asked that they did not go into my apartment to fix things but still did. Other than that I really like it here and I am happy.

The perfect place for me.

I absolutely love my apartment. The maintenance people are outstanding in every way. The office staff is a bit unfriendly and unhelpful, but they just seem untrained in public relations. Overall, I love it here because the other residents are extremely diverse and friendly and helpful. I'm slightly crippled right now - going to have surgery - so I have appreciated the helpfulness of others. Lots of activities that I am just starting to participate in. I love the grounds as well as my little place. Thank you for guiding me here.

Senior living

Need more adequate parking space. security patrols

Once we contacted their staff, they were friendly, caring and very professional. I definitely recommend North Natomas to live and A Place for Mom to contact and discuss your family needs.

--Matthew

I would recommend this community!!!

My wife and are are settling in nicely at Carefree North Natomas. This is an independent living community so we do make our own food. They do offer a lot of activities for us to enjoy. The staff are nice and helpful if we need something. The community is clean and well taken care of.

now allowing 45+ in as cannot fill apts. breakdowns with elevator, bus. tennant issues. bed bugs per Yelp.

Joyous!!!

I'm really happy and having fun here at Carefree. April, at a Place for Mom, was very helpful, as was everyone here at Carefree helping me find a new home!

Lots of activities

They seem to keep the facility in order. It is pretty much up to date. My friend really enjoys it there, he thinks it is the best place he has ever lived. He's in independent living. The facility is very active and there is always something for him to do there. They have a very large clubhouse and it is very organized. They have movies and a pool. My friend said the clients are very friendly.

Pretty decent

Carefree is a pretty decent place. The staff is nice and pleasant. The building is kept clean. The other residents are nice for the most part and there are activities to participate in. The rooms are pretty decent.

The Place Is Really Nice

It is a really nice place, it is a good community, I am really happy with it. Some people are rude but you find that everywhere. Other than that, the place is really nice. I don't eat the food there, I cook for myself.

Not Wheelchair Accessible

What they could improve on is when I first called I asked if it was wheelchair accessible and they said it was, and when I got there what they mean by that is that the doorways are wheelchair accessible, but as far as getting into the bathroom and showering, it is not accessible. They have these transition spots from carpet to linoleum which are hard to use. So I have not been totally happy, it's made it difficult. It is not accessible for wheelchairs and they should make that clear.

I'm so thankful for all of the help I received and the kindness I received. My mom was homeless and when I called, I was crying everyday. I had the best senior advisor. She listened to me with kindness and understanding. I was helped in every way possible. It took a few weeks but we found my mom a nice senior home. I will be forever grateful for the help I received.

Quiet Enjoyment

An active community. Peaceful and tranquil. Well kept community.

Quiet Enjoyment

A great place to live. However, I'm going to see what can be done about my neighbor who takes away from my quiet enjoyment. He constantly let's out sighs of relief especially during the very early hours of the morning, which is disturbing when I'm resting. It could he that the walls of separation are like the parking spaces.

Everything has been great so far.

Everything has been great so far. They are pretty good. I don't have any complaints or concerns so far. Nobody is perfect, but they are pretty good.

very upset

The place at Carefree North Natomas is very nice and clean, the people there are very friendly, and all the things like that were very good.

The reason I am upset is because I fell on some hard times financially and they were not willing to work with me at all. I paid for a full month in November and had to leave halfway through the month for work reasons. I was only there half the month and left the place immaculately clean, so in my mind I think I should have been refunded for half the month's money. I showed them verification of my work and financial circumstances but that did not seem to matter to them. That has left me with a very bad impression of the place.

I have called this property...

I have called this property on several occasions and get a call center asking for my name and number and som one will call me back. I'm glad they didn't tell me to hold my breath until someone calls. because in my efforts over the past week to make contact with the Carefree North Natomas I have not had any luck what so ever.

Good and Bad

Carefree is great for some people. There is a core group of people who hang out at the club house and participate in the potlucks and parties, etc. For me it is just OK. Almost all of the activities are done by volunteers and I wish Carefree would provide more in the way of activities and excursions. They call the leasing people "lifestyle specialists", and I have no idea why. They do not have anything to do with the lifestyles of the residents. The pool is too small to do laps; I so wish it was a bigger pool. The apartments are somewhat overpriced and really lack storage possibility. Even parking spots are not available for every resident and you have to pay extra to have one assigned to you. Some day I would like to live in another place... otherwise it is nice to have people around...

I haven't really participated in any ...

I haven't really participated in any of the activities yet, but I see that they offer them, and they're going on. It seems like everyone is having fun. Really, the only improvement I could think of would be the layout of the complex - but that has nothing to do with Carefree themselves. This place has really worked out for me!

Carefree Review

When reviewing Carefree North Natomas I interacted with Erica Harris and she showed me EVERYTHING about the facility. She showed me the listing of activities and I have to say there is enough activities here to keep individuals busy throughout the day!
The apartment I rented is very nice. I am wheelchair bound and I find that I can maneuver my chair throughout the apartment easily. The apartment was cleaned prior to my moving in and looked good. The only issue I had was that the stove was slightly off kilter...this was remedied ASAP.
I've had family and friends over to see my new digs and all of them like the facilities and the apartment.
This was the best move I've ever experienced.

Staff is very friendly and they offer...

Staff is very friendly and they offer great activities. The prices for the first year is great but it does jump significantly after that, so that is the only downside to this place.

Not like it used to be

This used to be the best place to live in all of Sacramento. After 7 yrs though I have had enough. They are now not only kicking out all section 8 recipients but increasing everyone elses rent to make up the difference. The owner is going to discover he has priced himself right out of the market. The staff has become snobby. The food and activities have gone to the dogs. This place puts up a good front, but once you move in, it is like hell on wheels. Every corner you turn are people complaining about something going on. I do not see it getting better, only worse so when my lease is up I plan on moving back to Mississippi. I am ashamed to even be connected with a place that treats people who are in need of a place to live the way they have. They should all be ashamed.

I'm Happy Here

So far I have had no problems. I like everybody. Everybody at the front desk has been very nice and helpful. The cost is no more than any other apartment, I don't think. It's very clean and bright and everything is in good repair. I don't get meals from them. They do offer a continental breakfast in the morning. I went once and it was good. They served oatmeal, pineapple, orange juice, coffee, and english muffins. It was good.

The activities are fun! I'm still able to be up and drive my own car and I have family close so I go out a lot with them. I haven't been on any of the bus trips. I did go to the Friday night get together and that was fun. People were nice and sat and talked and danced. There was pizza and salad. It was a nice evening!

just what I'm looking for.

just what I'm looking for.

I toured it with a friend for informa...

I toured it with a friend for information, interest and curiosity. The facility is lovely.

beautiful; numerous & inexpensive...

beautiful; numerous & inexpensive activities; units extremely small; charge more for 1 bdrm ground fl (more popular) & less for larger less popular unit. Love the complex and activities but not the high rent for small space & no assigned carport unless you pay an extra fee.

I liked this facility. Five Stars!

I liked this facility. Five Stars!

Nice

Nice

Nice, clean & in-unit w/d.

Nice, clean & in-unit w/d.

Did not like area - too new and conge...

Did not like area - too new and congested

The BEST in SENIOR Apartments! Carefree Senior Living apartment communities are the ideal destination for adults looking to have FUN, enjoy life, and have new adventures. Whatever your definition of fun is, you will live the life you've always dreamed of and deserve at Carefree Senior Living apartment communities. Carefree Senior Living Apartments are the essence of relaxed adult resort-style living. Our luxurious apartment homes are nestled in tranquil surroundings and our community fosters both a friendly and caring atmosphere.

Carefree Senior Living Apartment Communities is the BEST in Senior Apartments. This tight-knit, family-oriented community is built on care and pride from both the residents and staff alike. Carefree Senior Living Apartments fosters a friendly atmosphere that makes it easy to make new friends, participate in fun-filled activities, and establish solid rapport with our attentive and caring staff.

Whether you want a relaxing afternoon lounging poolside or a friendly game of poker with friends or neighbors, Carefree Senior Living offers the rewards of our life's endeavors - resort style living and a FUN community. A typical day might begin with an early morning swim, an exercise class, or simply enjoying a good cup of coffee with friends in the luxurious Clubhouse. Afterward, enjoy a drive to picturesque area lakes, lunch on close-by snow capped mountains, or perhaps spend an afternoon at a favorite local casino. Whatever your definition of fun is, you will live the life you've always dreamed of and deserve at Carefree Senior Living apartment communities.

Carefree North Natomas is located in beautiful Sacramento, CA - the capital of California and a city that is known for its history and farmlands.

- Population: The population of Sacramento is only around 495,200 people. It's a modest number compared to other cities in the state. The average age is around 33 years old. It's a great place for a family or retirement.

- Walkability: The walk score for the city is only a 47. Many downtown activities are fine on foot, most errands will need a vehicle.

- Senior Facilities/VA Services: There are several senior facilities and services in the area. Veterans have access to a VA Medical Center and offices.

- Weather: The weather is going to be typical for the Central California region. Year-round mild weather with the coolest being low 50's in winter. Summers can get warm in the 100's but usually stays in the 80's.

Sacramento has so much to offer its residents with its many amenities and activities. Everything from rides to activities can found with ease in this city.

Transportation

Residents living at Carefree are invited to utilize the transportation services available from the facility. For trips out on their own, there are many transportation options in this bustling town. The city operates buses and a rail system through its regional transit SACRT. Seniors receive discounts on fares. For more options in and out of town rides, there are these options:

- Yellow Cab Company of Sacramento: Taxi rides in and out of town
- Americab: Taxi rides in and out of town.
- Amtrak-Sacramento Valley Station: Train rides to a variety of places, seniors receive a discount.

Medical Services

There are many options for medical services in this popular city. Residents have access to some of the best hospitals and medical practices in the area.

- Mercy General Hospital: Full-service hospital with a specialty in open heart surgery and other services.
- Methodist Hospital of Sacramento: Full trauma hospital with a large network of providers for urgent and routine needs.
- Sutter Medical Center: A large network of primary care providers and specialists for urgent and routine medical care.

Sports & Leisure

There is surely no shortage of activities to get out and enjoy this beautiful area. The city has the City of Sacramento Older Adult Services division that runs the Ethel MacLeod Hart Senior Center. The center offers a wide variety of programs and activities like fitness classes, dances, and games.

- Golf Courses: This area is well known for golf, and residents can enjoy several courses for every skill level. Some of the top picks for the area are:
- Haggin Oaks Golf Complex: Visit America's most awarded golf course. Two courses, programs for all levels, driving range, and much more!
- Gordova Golf Club: 18-hole public golf course with driving range, pro shop, and restaurant.
- Bradshaw Ranch Golf Course: Play 9 or 18 holes open 365 days a year!

Many of the parks located in the city have tennis courts available to the public.

- North Natomas Community Park: Tennis courts, playground, and other facilities.
- McKinley Park: Tennis courts, rose garden, trails.

There are many things to do in Sacramento, CA. Residents can enjoy a visit to wine country, one of many historic museums, or relax at Discovery Park.

- Discovery Park: A 302-acre park where two rivers meet. Trails, fishing, boat launches, and many activities.
- Old Sacramento: 28-acre National Historic Landmark District set within the time of the Gold Rush. Historic buildings, museums, and activities like riverboat or railroad rides.
- California State Railroad Museum: A famous museum with restored trains and rich history on the railroad's role in California's development.
- Crocker Art Museum: Large art museum with a variety of pieces and events.

Shopping

Shopping is certainly popular and abundant in this area. From unique finds to everyday items, residents will have no trouble finding what they need.

- Arden Fair Mall: Two-level mall with 165 popular stores and a variety of restaurants. Complimentary wheelchairs are provided.
- Pavillions: An upscale shopping village with a variety of stores and places to eat.
- Sunrise Mall: Large mall with a variety of stores and restaurants.

Restaurants

Residents will be able to find all of the favorites when it comes to fast food like Chick Fil A, Wendy's, and Burger King. Some of the best family-style and fine dining restaurants in the area are:

- The Firehouse Restaurant: Fine dining American food.
- The Waterboy: California, Italian, and French food served.
- The Porch Restaurant & Bar: Casual atmosphere serving Southern classics.

Entertainment

There are plenty of options in the area for entertainment. There are several movie theatres, performing arts theatres, live national acts, and libraries. Some of the most popular entertainment choices are:

- The Tower Theatre: Comfortable theatre showing the latest releases.
- Esquire IMAX Theatre: 3D movies on giant screens.
- Crest Theatre: A popular art deco theatre that plays live concerts, plays, and movies.
- West Wind Drive-In: Classic drive-in theatre showing today's latest releases.
- Sacramento Theatre Company: Musicals, plays, and other shows.

Religious Services

There are many choices for religious services in this are. Residents can find many churches close to them at Carefree:

- North City Church: Place of worship, open to the public.
- Divine Mercy Catholic Church: Catholic church that is open to the public.
- River City Baptist Church: Baptist church, open to the public.

There are many reasons to love the Capital of California. It's beauty and history are both charming and impressive.