Colonial Square Senior Village - Painted Post, NY

Great Place to Live!

Colonial Square Senior Village is really nice. The two staff members who take care of everything are very friendly. They respond quickly if I ever need any help. I have a nice apartment, 2 bedrooms, bath. It is total independent living, so I do my own cooking There is a very nice large community room for all kinds of activities and social pot luck dinners. I play cards two or three times a week with a group of residents. They have gazebos and a horseshoe pit. The residents are very friendly. I have met and made some new friends. That is why I moved here to meet people and not be alone, and here I get to meet new people and socialize. There is transportation to go to the grocery store. This community is conveniently located close to nearby restaurants and shopping, which is great because I still drive. My only concern is there is only one ramp for your electric cart to come and go. I'm thinking about getting one so maybe they will add a couple more wheelchair accessible entrances on both sides of the buildings. Other than that this is a really nice place where I live.

Not assisted living. This is an apartment home community for active adults, even though some residents rely on walkers or wheelchairs. Independent living at its best with caring staff and beautiful surroundings and amenities. Best of all, it is affordable!