Chesapeake Manor - Willards, MD

Our visit

This looked like a fancy community when we visited. We did not like that they did not offer a separate dining room. They do have private rooms and the staff were nice. This community is in a beautiful location. They did not offer a great visiting area. We did not think this community would work for our loved one.

My visit!

This care home is on a working farm and it felt odd to me. The home is small and there is no view when you look outside. The caregivers I met were nice.

The people were nice and they are in the process of enlarging the facility to allow for more private rooms. My mom is not at their level of care at this point. She would need other residents at Level 1 to interact with but this is a very nice small environment for care.

Small and Homey

It's really more of a home type atmosphere and that's really good. I think that maybe they could improve on some of their fees - some of the fees that you get there are a little more extreme. It's smaller and everyone is pretty incapacitated, more like type three in that they need help with almost everything.

Like it if things evolved.

Some of the people don’t respond to moms needs as quick as she would like. The back area is nice and overlooks a field and the woods. The food is ok and smells good, but not totally happy with it. The activities need to be on a more regular basis with a bit more staffing to help out. We would like it if things evolved.