Brookdale Oviedo - Oviedo, FL

Brookdale Oviedo - Oviedo, FL has yet not published prices.

Very caring staff and newly renovated community. A warm, welcoming community with a strong sense of family.

Rooms are studios. Too small. I was looking for a more apartment layout.

A good tour

We toured this community about a year ago and it seemed like a nice community. The people we met were nice and the community looked clean. The cost of the community at that time was a little higher than what we were looking for.

Is a pet friendly community -- mom is allergic to pets, otherwise a very clean, well managed facility with plenty activities for its residents. A bit pricey though. I give it 4 stars.

Very pleased

We have been very impressed so far. A lot of thought has gone into making the facilities comfortable and welcoming. We were very impressed by the range of activities for residents. We were also impressed by the efforts of staff to personalize activities, plans, and interactions for eac resident. My mother is on the Memory Care unit, which of course has to be locked. Yet, there is much freedom on the unit with outside areas to safely explore, large shared areas, and even a piano for her to play. It was a difficult day when we realized my Mom could no longer live safely at home, but Brookdale Oviedo has made that a much better experience than we thought possible.

Need more showers please!

I was able to take a semi tour of this community. The staff was friendly and answered all questions that I had. The major turn off from this place was that they said that they would only give my loved one a shower twice a week. If I wanted my loved one to have more I would have to pay on my own for that. I will not be taking my loved one here.

My father has live here for almost 2 years and it's been 2 years too long. I am actually moving him in with me and my two small kids because the care at this facility is that bad. He has had a roach problem the entire time and has even had them crawling on his arm. They spray his room but it doesn't take care of the problem. They are understaffed and cannot take care of all of there residents like they should because Brookdale is all about the money and not the quality of life these elderly people are getting. The staff has told me numerous times that they just can't do it all. I would never recommend this institution to anyone. I am in visiting him 3-5 times a week and it's this bad for him, I can't imagine how bad it is for the ones without their family showing up and complaining.

Would not recommend, sorry.

I would not recommend this place after having my grandmother there. I found the office staff/administration to be rude and uncaring. Continuously raised rent, too. We have moved her to a more comfortable place.

I know my mother is having a really good time there

So far so good at Brookedale Oviedo. Jill is very sweet here and Pam the business manager is too. I've been there numerous times and it was very nice. It is very clean. The only problem I have is you can walk right in after hours and that is what I would change. I came in around 7 o'clock after most of the staff had left and no one even noticed. That is a red flag to me. The place was nice. The people are nice. It always smells good. I know my mother is having a really good time there. I would hear about if she wasn't.

Good respite care service

We used this facility for a brief respite stay for a loved one, and overall I thought they did a very good job. The facility was clean and well kept, and the staff were friendly and professional. My loved one did not need much in the way of care, but they did a good job looking after him all the same.

Looked very nice!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice looking place, and the staff all seemed very friendly! However, the cost was high, and beyond the range we were looking in at the time.

It wasn't a long or great experience.

It was an odd situation going in. It kind of seems like they just wanted our money. The place we were going to move her was a different Emeritus, they didn't have room, so they put us here as a temporary solution. They didn't really assess her, and the whole time she just wanted to leave. It was a large community, and only a small section was for Alzheimer's. It was a very nice and fancy place, but they didn't seem to want to make too much of an effort with the residents. It wasn't a long or great experience. After they told us we weren't going to be able to come back, they just kind of left us high and dry, and didn't even help us to find a place.

would have been nice if the...

would have been nice if the marketing person had been there. they had their maintenance director there who knew where the available rooms were but not much else. He also did not speak English very well.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry your tour of our community did not meet you expectations. We are pleased to let you know that we have a new Manager on Duty who will be there to lead tours and answer any specifics about the community. We invite you to reach out to our community management team to schedule a second tour, and let us show you our commitment to serving our seniors.

Looked nice during our tour

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This place looked very nice, it was clean, they had plenty of activities going on, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. However by the time we'd seen this one we had already toured another that really blew us away. I know they would have done a great job here, but this did not end up being the community we selected.

Pushy Sale

The assisted living was quite nice, but the dementia unit was just a wing, like what you would see in a hospital. The rec area looked just like they had opened up some rooms and made it a little bigger. Kind of seemed makeshift. It was definitely trying to feel homey, and there wasn't as much place for them to roam, not sure if that's good or bad! Another thing, they were very pushy. One day they showed up my door with cookies and said that they had specials going on. They called all the time too, telling me about this special and that special and it seemed more like a sale. Like I was trying to find an apartment for my daughter instead of care for my mother.

Very nice but to expensive....

Very nice but to expensive. Community fee to high as well.

Possibly

Possibly

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system