Brookdale Macon - Macon, GA has yet not published prices.

Dark and dreary. Staff not present in all areas. All residents placed in same area regardless of stage and needs.

Memory Care Unit is well laid out. Sitting/dining area was a bit too dark & and cool. Roomy bathrooms w/black toilet seats for better visibility (great idea). Bedrooms have wardrobes instead of closets. It was lunchtime but not enough visible staff for my comfort. Residents provided w/off-site activities.

A good match!!

My aunt loves it, it has definitely been a good fit for her. I like the meal setting, all of the residents sit together and have the chance to interact. It has been a good experience and I would recommend them to anyone looking.

Impressed With Tour

This is an extremely nice looking community. It is bigger and spread out for the residents. It is very impressive but there was no openings til February. We working for a sooner time frame.

Excellent Care

My father is happy here. The staff is taking excellent care of him. He likes the activities that are offered here. It is clean and I would recommend this to other families.

Rent and fees much higher than other communities we visited with living spaces considerably smaller and more compact. Little room for personal items. Does not allow small refrigerators or microwaves. Has more of an institutional feel rather than a homey feeling. Not on our short list.

It Is A Great Facility

It is going good for my mom. It is a great facility and I would recommend them to anyone! My mom is getting good care and is safe in her new community. They keep the facility clean and stay on top of my mom's hygiene. My mom enjoys her meals they make. I always tell them how good they are doing!

Highest Ratings In Everything

Everything is working very well here for my father. I know he is safe and good hands. They are providing him with great care. The community is very well-kept, his room is always nice and clean when I visit. They have a very good staff here. He has tired a few new activities. Overall everything is working out well and I would recommend it.

She Feels Like She Is At Home

It was a ruff start at first, but after finally getting her adjusted to the community, everything is going very well now. Everyone is very nice at this community and they are treating my mother very well. They keep the community looking very nice and clean. The staff is great and very helpful. She really likes the staff, even gives them kisses on the cheek. She is trying some new activities and she enjoys the meals. It has been a good experience and I would recommend it.

I would say they have exceeded my expectations.

We have been very satisfied. Everyone has been nice and attentive there, they have been really good to work with. This is all new to us, and I don't have a lot to compare it to, but I would say they have exceeded my expectations. They took her out to look at Christmas lights, and she has made a friend that she walks with and does activities with. It's gone really well so far.

This is at the top of our list.

This is at the top of our list. We really like the security of their units. We have been here a few times, and we have always been satisfied with what we have seen. We have even thought about doing a short trial stay.

Very nice place

Unfortunately my loved one was only able to be here a brief time, but I thought they did a wonderful job. Everyone here was very caring and professional, and the facility itself was clean and well cared for. They are definitely worth a look if you are looking for care in the area.

There are a lot of issues here.

There are a lot of issues here. The staff doesn't seem to be getting all of the training they need. There is some block in the system somewhere. It is my sense that it's very disorganized. There was a change in ownership recently, and most of the key positions, the executive director and such, are new, and that is a big part of the problem. I feel like if I hadn't been there as often as I am there would have been a lot of things that went unnoticed. When I bring things up they give me the appropriate answer that they think I want to hear, but afterwards I either don't see the change, or whoever has been talked to and had to make a change gives me attitude. They put too much responsibility on me to take care of things, like they will call me when he is agitated to calm him down but they don't want to keep me in the chain of command when it comes to keeping me informed. I shouldn't have to ask them to mop, or why other things haven't been done. Things go missing, I know they aren't responsible for them, but when I bring them up, I just get a blank look. I would say ask a lot of questions before you go here, and just hang out, I know nobody thinks that they have the time for that, but do it anyway. There was a lot of turnover here. I feel that I got persuaded verbally, that the care would be so much more hands on and personal than it turned out to be. They also told me that they would have many stimulating activities, and that didn't really turn out to be the case either. They would have things on the activities calendar that didn't match what they were doing that day, and the same for the food, it wouldn't match what they were actually eating. The food was about average, maybe a three, not terrible, but not great either.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at [removed] or email us at [removed] to discuss them in greater detail.

Not impressed

I have a relative who has been there for less than one month and I am not impressed. I have visited this relative twice a week and have seen NO "brain stimulating" activities taking place. Residents are crowded around a LOUD television and that is all the brain stimulation I have witnessed.

Meal times consist of LOUD music playing for the enjoyment of those SERVING the meals. The loud music clearly irritates the patients.

High functioning patients are mixed with low functioning and that is not good. One man constantly tries to come into my aunt's room and lie on her bed.

Several of her personal items have gone missing. (several articles of clothing, some lotion and a dog leash) They are not valuable, so I suspect these items were taken by other residents.

Wonderful place for Alzheimer's Patients

T hey have been wonderful. I had my Mom in another place that was recommended and the experience was horrible. They truly understand Alzheimer's and train all their staff on how to handle the situations they may encounter. She is getting great care and they give their patients the best quality of life they can get. They have activities for them and they even have support group for the families and caregivers. I am glad I found them and I don't worry about her every day. I know she is in good hands and the staff is patient and caring.

Seemed nice, but very expensive

This was an option we considered for my loved one when we were looking into care options. It looked like this place would do a good job of providing for her needs, unfortunately it was much more expensive than the other options we were looking into.

Not as advertised

I moved my mother from assisted living to Emeritus, which is a memory care facility. They advertise that as their forte adn she got more simulation and interaction in assisted living than she even comes close to at Emeritus and the price was $1700 less a month so we're paying for things that we're not getting. The people are like ones you'd encounter in an asylum. One of them came into my mother's room and spit on her cat. It's distressing for my mother that some of the people cry all the time. Theft has been a problem even though everything she has, has her name on it. Once we moved in, it was not as advertised.

I would give them a 10 for friendliness!

Several people with loved ones at Emeritus at Flint River shared their glowing remarks with us. I can see why, because the staff goes over and beyond for their residents. My mother-in-law is happier there than she was at home, which really takes a load of worry off. She stayed to herself before but after moving in she got very involved and made new friends.

Had we decided to use a facility in M...

Had we decided to use a facility in Macon, this would have been it. Outstanding facility & staff for memory care.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

events, activities, clubs and ongoing cultural enrichment programs, we offer unlimited opportunities for you to get to know other residents and us. Call to set up an appointment for a tour because we
delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.