Brookdale Longview - Longview, TX

Brookdale Longview - Longview, TX has yet not published prices.

As I went on the tour all the staff. Were great the faciility was maintained well the place is newly remodeled and clean
the room I toured was really nice.

Nursing home feel...

This facility was just fine, but it seems like an older facility. It also feels a little more like a nursing home than we would like.

Other Care Options

We were not happy with this community. The staff did not have breakfast for the residents and they have only offed a donut and we did not like that they have no activity director and we wanted to have my mom to be able to have activities. They seem to have a lot of turns over on the staff. We liked that the community was clean. We are not able to recommend this community to others and feel that they need a lot of improvements.

Care and Patience

I like the care that is offered here. The staff is caring and helpful. We did not like that they charged for some additional needs that we did not plan on. I like knowing that the community is clean. This is a community that I would recommend. I like that he is offered to participate with the other residents in the activities that are offered for him to be active. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

We hit the jackpot

The staff were wonderful when we moved mom into the community. They were courteous and helpful. When the power went out due to a storm I saw the manager helping people up the stairs. They offer daily activities and mom is making friends. She is happy with the food and they do offer a variety of choices. The grounds are well taken care of. I would recommend this community.

A WELL-MANAGED CARE-GIVING FACILITY

The most impressive picture of Brookdale is the quality of compassionate care and the staff's willingness to extend themselves to the residents without worrying about who's job it is. I helped choose the facility we would put our mother in and helped move her belongings. The staff was always there to see if we needed any help and to answer all our questions. When a storm knocked out electricity throughout the complex, the staff immediately made sure the residents were given meals and checked on regularly. They helped those who couldn't walk up the secondary stairs to get to their apartments. It is very much a tight-knit family-like community where Biblical values abound in showing kindness, long-suffering, mercy, and love for the people they serve.
I have one negative comment that I did not want to include in my rating, and yet it is something that needs improvement. We could never seem to get a final amount for what was owed for the June rent. We were handed several amended statements, both with handwritten notes and numbers on it that only confused us more. We simply wanted a final total amount to write the check for my mother's rent for one month. Even the day before June 1st, when rent was due, my brother was not sure the check he wrote would suffice.
I trust that this issue will not continue in the next months. I don't know if the billing system is outdated or the means to follow it is not understood, but we are hoping we will be billed fairly and in a forthright manner in the future.

Will consider!

I had a good tour of Brookdale Longview. If my loved one needs Assisted Living in the future, we will defiantly consider this facility. The tour guide that I met with was friendly and informative. It was a good experience.

Not my favorite!

Brookdale Longview was dingy, old and depressing. It was cluttered. As soon as my cousin and I walked in, we shook out heads and had the same impression, they need a facelift. It was not what we were looking for.

Loving Environment

My mother lived at Brookdale Longview for thirteen months until her recent death. She received attentive, loving care from the RAs and Med Techs and became very attached to many of her caregivers. The administrative staff is outstanding -- [Removed] were more than administrators -- they were friends to my mom and our family, and they treated her with great kindness and love. The staff is dedicated to maintaining high standards, and [Removed] is always open to hearing suggestions for improvements. I can't express enough my gratitude to Brookdale Longview for making my mother's last year so peaceful.

Comfortable Living!!

My mother has been very involved with all of the activities available at the Brookdale Longview. The place is clean and she is liking the meals. She likes the fact that they have assigned seating in the dining area and she is making friends. The only thing she wishes is that they could have more help in the dining room. They're a little short staffed. Other than that we are happy with the experience.

Needs improvement...

For the most part, things are going well. We have had some trouble with the billing, the financial lady that was there before is no longer there. Also, the medication has not always been correct but we are hoping all of that will be fixed soon. The meals are a little bland, they have options but they are not always very good. The place is clean and everyone is very friendly, but they have some improvements to make.

Uncomfortable Environment.

I was not pleased with my tour of this community, I had a poor first impression. It was very hot when I first entered the building and the residents did not look comfortable at all. None of the residents looked happy or where talking they all where very quiet and kept to themselves. I would not want my dad to be living in this kind of atmosphere.

Community Needs Improvement!!

The Brookdale Longview has not met my expectations. My mother has been there a little over 6 weeks and for the first 4 weeks the staff did not change her sheets, my mother was sleeping on dirty sheets. When they finally changed her sheets they did not put a top sheet for the first night on her bed. She was left with a scratchy cover all night. The staff also does not change her clothes very often which i am not happy with at all. The community offers a variety of meals which look pretty good. Overall i don't feel i would recommenced this place to a fiend.

Comfortable Living !!

The staff have all been wonderful at making sure my loved one is feeling right at home and is enjoying her new living environment. My mothers bedroom and bathroom is well maintained and the housekeeping team does a great job keeping up with her laundry once a week. The food is the only thing that could use some improvement.

Find Another Place

If you care about the person you are seeking a place for, avoid this place. They put on a nice show to sell you on it but it is horrible. Short staffed and no real Assisted Living in my opinion. Roach infested rooms with the stench of urine. Cleaning is not on their priority list. They might empty your trash, but don't wash the trash cans. The toilets are stained as well as the showers. Vacuuming goes around and never under anything, when they vacuum. Residents may have to push their help button multiple times to get help to their room and in some cases call 911 to get help. On the weekends and evenings, there are no staff members to be found. The only true, caring person is Rhonda, in my opinion. [removed] The food is gross and served cold if you are sick and need a meal brought to your room. [name removed], the charge nurse, has a bad attitude about everything. The people who work here need training and training and more training. Personal problems should not be shared with residents and who knows how much [removed] goes on by the employees. It is very sad to think these people will care for your loved one and find out how bad they are. When we moved my parent out, the director didn't even know her name!!!! With 56ish residents, there is no excuse for that. The bus is in poor condition and they still refuse to repair it, even though it has had numerous problems. The AC on it rarely works and the poor girl who drives it is expected to manually crank the lift for each individual. [removed] The activities director man is very kind hearted and he tries hard so he is not to blame. [removed] I could go on but I think by now you have already marked them off your list. I hope so.

Brookdale in Longview Texas

The staff at Brookdale is excellent, giving detailed information about the facilities and pricing. A clean well managed operation on all levels. The personnel from maintenance to management are friendly and caring. I am very pleased with the care and attention they are providing for my Mom.

Location is near friends and doctor, very responsive care

There is nothing I really don't like. The location is the best place. They take her every place she needs to go, such as the doctor.

The location works well for her, because that is the area where she's from, and her friends are right there.

My mother doesn't do any activities, so I can't rate them on that.

Whenever she needs something, they are right there. She fell and broke her hip, and they were right there, called the ambulance, and got her to the hospital immediately.

Works For Dad

I think my father is very happy there. He is 90 and not able to walk so I rather doubt he get involved in the activities there. I believe the care is good. It cost too much. I think all these facilities charge the elderly people too much the cost is not going toward new carpet or anything like that. The place isn't bad, it's an old place. I think ti's been there for a while and I think it was something else before. As far as up doing the place I don't think they're using the money for that.

Emeritus seems to work for my father, just a different feel, a different classes of people. The staff is very friendly. They were able to take out father which we appreciated.

Visited in April 2013. Fac...

Visited in April 2013. Facilities more for assisted living needs; poor lighting in foyer, hallways. Smaller rooms. Not a good fit for our needs.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.