Blaine Town Square Senior Apartments - Blaine, MN

Blaine Town Square Senior Apartments - Blaine, MN has yet not published prices.

Great disappointment & frustration

In a previous review in July, it was stated that the onsite management position had been changed from full-time to 3 days a week. That has changed again, so an onsite manager is here only 2 & 1/2 days/week. This is a total disservice to all residents & prospective renters! Residents are actually standing & waiting in line to meet with the manager when she arrives on the given days. Several are inconvenienced by having to trek down to the office many times before they have success. This is unfair to them & the new manager. Perhaps this is Sherman's way of saving monies that should be dedicated to servicing resident needs. At what cost? Many vacancies in the building & many more coming in the next few months. The exorbitant rent percentage increase annually is far more than the 3% for most market rate senior buildings. Another issue is policy change ---- recently, a policy was changed & no one was made aware of it. Chaos & disappointment flurried! Those affected by the change ( the residents) were not given & have still not been given a written notice or explanation of the change. A typical business would have notified all affected with a written document a minimum of 30 days prior to its going into effect. This is an unacceptable practice for any management company. My question--- what would the investors think?? I am a resident & what makes this building tick is the people in it: friendly & caring. It's unfortunate so many have become discouraged enough to move elsewhere.,

Management has changed hands 3 times in 15 months. No one is available to ask questions and when you call the office your call is not returned. I wanted to move my parents into a smaller unit and was promised the next available, but because of the poor retention level to keep a manager, I have been overlooked. I will be moving my parents out of Blaine Townsquare as soon as I am allowed.

Sherman Associates

Thank you for the review; your feedback is important to us. We are lucky enough to have a qualified manager in place who will be staying and has a lot of experience. While change is difficult, we are excited to see all the wonderful things that are happening at Blaine.

Overall evaluation from resident

I am a resident & most recently the on site manager position was changed to 3 days/week. This is inconvenient for both residents & prospective renters. Walk-in persons cannot be accommodated & it this may discourage them from pursuing further. No one is here to answer the phone when people call on the days there is no manager here. Currently, there are more than 10 parties moving. Rents are unpredictable from year to year & unlike many Senior buildings where rent goes up in the vicinity of 3%, Sherman Properties increase rent @ @ much greater than the norm. The property was painted & recarpeted ( carpet only in the Community Room) to get ready for a HUD inspection this year. Prior to that it was neglected & maintenance was poor. In my mind, it is better to maintain a building ( for example rotate painting the hallways on a 3 year basis, etc,), rather than allowing it to become in disrepair. The carpets in the hallways are stained & dirty & haven't been changed since the apt was built.The units themselves are very nicely laid out. Residents are friendly & share concern for each other. These last 2 statements support why I live here.

Look someplace else

Nice building....... but TRY to get anything done by management. Falling apart and they ignore safety issues.

Sherman Associates

Thank you for the review. Please contact our office at [removed] at your earliest convenience. We are awaiting your call so we can discuss and improve any issues you may be having.

Informative Staff

My loved one is really enjoying her stay at this community, she has no complaints. The staff are always friendly and are great at keeping me informed with progress of my loved one.

Sherman Associates

We are glad to hear your loved one is enjoying her stay at Blaine Town Square. We appreciate the review and will share your feedback with our team and upper management.

review of Blaine Town Square Senior Apartments

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Items that need fixing are done in a timely manner. Lobby and community areas are decorated nicely and clean. People are pleasant and friendly. Apartment design is conducive to living and storage and in good condition.

Sherman Associates

Vickie, thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoy living at Blaine Town Square. We're proud of our great staff and amenities.

Great Property Management Is Great

I'am very satisfied with my move to these senior apartments. The community looks great, everything is very well maintained. The property management has been very helpful throughout this whole process. I'am enjoying my time here at this community.

Sherman Associates

Thank you for your rating and review. We are happy to hear you really enjoy living at Blaine Town Square and have shared your feedback with our upper management and property manager.

Nice building & manager. More services than we need at this time.

Sherman Associates

Thank you for your review, your feedback is important to us. We will share your review with our property manager and upper management.

This beautiful independent Senior Apartment Community is located in Blaine and offers one, one bedroom+den, two, & two bedroom+den units.

Blaine Townsquare apartments are furnished with all appliances including dishwasher, refrigerator, electric range with self-cleaning oven, microwave, and washer/dryer. Homes also provide central air/heat, grab bars in bathrooms, large closets, dining rooms and spacious kitchens with extra cupboard and countertop space.

Community amenities include heated garage, 24-hour fitness center, lap pool,resident-run library, community room, media room and grand lobby area with fireplace and piano.

Blaine Townsquare residents enjoy planned activities such as card games, coffee hours, crafting, socials, grills in the backyard and walks through the park. They are able to golf at nearby Victory Links Golf Course or the Tournament Players Club. Residents can also visit the Mary Ann Young Senior Center for programs and social events by taking the bus from Blaine Town Hall, located 1 block away.

Blaine Townsquare welcomes you home with a friendly management staff and 24-hour maintenance team.

Our community offers a number of convenient amenities including:

Water/Sewer/Trash Included

Plenty of Cupboard/Countertop Space
Dishwashers
*In Select Units

Rental Income Limits Apply to Some Homes:
*Limits subject to change annually, call for details.

Equal Housing Opportunity