Bethel Park - Bethel Park, PA

Liked location people and events Ltd to do but can also be independent some apartments are small but well taken care of

I had a 9am appt with [Removed] who didn't come in she got called away to an off site mtg. I was able to tour with the general manager who was able to answer my questions. I think this could be a viable option pending VA benefit contribution which needs further exploration.

Mom's good care

I like to care that my mom is getting from this community. The staff is always helpful and kind to my mom's needs. We find the community to be clean and well maintained. The activities are offered for her to participate. We like the size of her room and she is pleased with the care that she is receiving. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one

Nicest Community

My grandmother seems to be settling in really well at Bethel Park. It is a beautiful and well-maintained community. The landscaping is just beautiful. It is very clean and smells good. The food is not the same quality of food she is used to. Only at breakfast do they provide other options for your meals. She likes her apartment which we helped her decorate. They are working with her to get the paint out of the carpet after they painted. They offer a lot of various activities for residents who want to participate. They also offer transportation to places nearby for the residents to go shopping and other excursions. The staff is very friendly when we come to visit. We chose this community out of all the ones we had viewed online because it was the nicest and the location was convenient for her family to come and visit.

care and options

We toured this community for care. The staff was able to answer the questions.and showed us that the community is clean and maintained. We like the list of activities that are offered. We would recommend that families tour this nice community for the care of a loved one

Lovely Community for My Parents

My parents are doing well here at this community. It is a nice place, and I'am pleased with their move to this community. It is a well-kept community, they do a good job with the cleanliness of the place. They have a lovely staff, they are very friendly. If I had to recommend a community to anyone it would be this one. It is nice place.

Overall a good place for the price!!

The staff at this community is nice and helpful. The food is lovely. It is a decent clean community. My loved ones apartment is nice. I would recommend that you see the apartment before you move in. I felt mislead by the marketing director as the apartment they moved into did not have the shower I was previously told it did. I felt they had a lack of concern when I brought the matter to their attention.

A Community Tour

The tour was very nice when I went to visit. It was a very good tour. They had meals provided. When I looked at the apartment it did not have a kitchen available. They had support available for the residents.

We were very happy with the residence initially but changes in managers and other things has made our feelings not as good. There are some things my mom is not very happy about but she does not really want me to go into detail.

Nice Community!!

Bethel Park has activities on site and of site. There is always some room for improvement for the staff and the food. There are different accommodations for the residents that best fit their needs. The community is clean and there are meal plans available.

Loved this place. I just need a closer location.

My mother loved this place from the minute she walked in. She's been there only a few days and everyone knows her name already.

Excellent job and support

We were in a time crunch to find a place for our Mother. We found this website and with the kindness and knowledge of the staff was able to sign for a place within 48 hours. Thanks to everyone for their assistance.

Review of Bethel Park - Bethel Park, PA

My mother and I had a wonderful visit while touring Bethel Park Retirement facility. We asked many questions (all of which were answered) toured the facility watched an activity in progress and talked to residents. We left with a lot of information.

Nice place!

Overall we're very pleased with how things have turned out with Bethel Park! It's a nice looking, clean, well kept community, and the apartments are a very nice size for the price! Everyone seems very friendly, and the staff do a great job looking after the place.

I arrived early, and was welcomed by Bill and Barb. The place is well maintained, clean, and Barb knew every resident by name. The residents were very friendly back with Barb, and the staff that I met were very open and talking with the residents.

Very friendly community

From everything I have heard they are doing a great job at Bethel Park. My loved one felt welcome and they treated him like family from day 1, and really helped him ease into the community. It seems like everything is working out well, and he is really enjoying himself here!

She seems to be loving it.

From what I've seen it's clean. The staff seems to be friendly. She seems to be loving it. So far we haven't had any complaints. I feel like we are getting our money's worth. She doesn't seem to be running out of things to do. There don't seem to be any concerns with the food, or anything really.

Couldn't be happier

Excellent management. Beautiful place. Great food and activities. My father is very happy here.

Very friendly staff and residents!

They do a great job here! The staff are very very caring, and they really take the time to get to know the residents as individuals. The residents themselves are also very friendly, the whole place just has a great family community feel!

Management issues

My mother has been here for about a year. When she first moved in, it was wonderful. Recently,hey have had a lot of management changes, which have unsettled her. The activities director was the first to leave & her replacement seems to be very young and inexperienced. Then the resident managers left, she is unhappy with the current ones. They have had problems with drivers & the bus, and she is unhappy with the food (she is not a picky eater). I hope that they make some positive changes, the only reason why we stick with them is because a move would be too unsettling for her.

Bethel Park was great. They were amazing.

Bethel Park was great. They were amazing. It was a very positive experience for us. They did housekeeping and changed his sheets and towels once a week and that was excellent. They don't do medication management, but they do have a resource on who we could pay to come and do that. They were always doing something, they were watching movies playing cards and tons of stuff, and very open, wide open spaces and people were definitely engaged. The administrative services could use a little more organization. I liked the community it was very clean and the staff was extremely friendly. No regrets. They were great to my kids they were accommodating they had carts to help us move stuff in and they had beautiful furniture that they just let us use.

Good services, but not the best fit for Mom

This was a nice looking community. It is an older facility, but it was clean and the staff were friendly. It had a few features I liked that made it stand out. It was easily navigable for people with slight memory issues, it had very distinct paintings in the different hallways which made it easy not to lose track of where you are. The rate lock payment structure was also nice. You pay a bit more to begin with, but the rate will not go up year after year.
They had a good amount of activities, but they didn't seem to be as good a fit as some other locations we looked at. Mom is more interested in upscale events like symphonies, or day trips. The outings here were more centered around local shopping trips, etc.

I do like it real well, peopel are very friendly and very nice....

I do like it real well people are very friendly and very nice, cooperative and when I went to the hospital for a while and when I came back couldn't go down for my meals they would bring my meals to my room. and they have housekeeping that comes in once a week, they will change the sheets the towels and dusts and sweeps and of course cleans the bathroom and the kitchen. You are allowed to have pets. They just replaced all the carpeting in all the hallways, I didn't think they needed it but it's pretty nice. It is a little pricey but for all that you do get, I would say it balances out. The food is very good. About 98% of the meals I've had here have been very good. Lunch is the biggest meal and starts out with the cart that comes around with drinks then a cart with salads if you don't want green salad they have a salad of the day, and they always offer cottage cheese or applesauce, then the servers come around and ask if you want the menu of the day or if you want the alternatives, there would be four other choices and they are different, but they always offer a fruit plate. Holiday is a chain of retirement residences, they have them all over the United States, if you are traveling you can always use one of these. They do have home care here if you need it. I knew I was going to have a hip and knee replacement so I liked that they offered home care as well as Physical Therapy. The home care is through Gallagher Home Care and the Physical and Occupational Therapy is through Genisis. The activities start at 9 with different type of exercise routine from 9-9:30 and they keep you busy from then on. They have dice game LCR and what they call The Horse Race and big wooden horses placed on a long matt and everyone takes turns rolling the dice and you can bet on your horse and there are five different colors and you can place your bets on one of the colors or all of them whatever you want to do, and different types of crafts or so forth. They have a big calendar and pictures from the month before of activities. They have a big variety so there is everything, there's got to be something for every interest. They announce the different things right before they are going to take place so there is a reminder if you are in your room and forget what's going on. They had the bell choir come in and perform and boyscouts came in and sang christmas carols. and the Bethel Park brass band and South Hill Flute choir and it's in the atrium so you can sit around down below and watch or since it's three stories they can sit around at the top and listen. The shower is built with extra handles, so is handicap oriented, they have bars on the side by the faucet and another one along the side so I can maintain my balance. There is an extra handle over by the commode so you can hold on. All the doors are extra wide so if you have a wheelchair it's real easy. They have a hairstylest. There is a chapel and they have different ministers that come in and do different services. They have a billiard room and a library. They have a cart that comes around with tissues and different things if you didn't get to the store. They call it I need a cart. They do have a bus that goes out every morning if you need to shop. The bus is a free service. They also offer Wii bowling.

A nice place over all, with some issues

This place was very clean, and the staff that we spoke with were all very nice. My parents really like the apartment, it's a good sized 2 bedroom on the first floor, and it has its own access door to the outside, which they enjoy. There are a few issues they've had, however. The activities have left a lot to be desired, the facility has had trouble getting coverage for drivers. The food has also not been great, although they just got a new company to start doing the food, so perhaps that will improve.

Good option. Rooms slightly...

Good option. Rooms slightly smaller and place showed some wear. Smoking was allowed outside main entrance which was a big negative.

We went through A Place For Mom and t...

We went through A Place For Mom and then Bethel Park contacted us by email. We really liked Bethel Park.

We liked it.

We liked it.

h]Holiday Retirement provides a fulfilling, independent lifestyle in a welcoming environment.
Situated on lovely grounds in a charming suburb of Pittsburgh, you’ll appreciate the scenic beauty of our facilities while appreciating the close proximity to one of the nation’s most remarkable cities. Enjoy the convenience of shopping, healthcare, entertainment and dining just minutes from your door and easy accessibility to all the culture and sites of a major metropolitan area.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind