Bennett Place - New Albany, IN

Bennett Place - New Albany, IN has yet not published prices.

Good to Bad

The staff and everyone was great especially certain members of direct care however dad was not always taken care of properly on some days.I started hearing about other residents money and personal items missing ,the police being called but nothing done to protect my father or others also rumors concerning employees misuse of drugs. This was great at first but now I would think twice before recommending anyone to Bennett Place

The Best Place

They are taking good care of my mom. They engage her to come out of her room so she can enjoy the daily activities they have. They have bus rides to view lights or shopping and they have ice cream socials also movie and popcorn nights. The food is good sometimes she will eat and sometimes she won't . They have a nice outdoor area. I would recommend this community.

By far the best I've seen in the area. Clean, helpful and more options available than others.

Just not a good fit for us

The staff here did a great job with our tour and all our questions were answered, it was a nice looking place, clean but we just did not feel that this was going to be the best fit for my father-in-law.

Care for family

We toured this community for care. The staff were nice and were able to answer the questions that we had on the care that is offered. The menu was appealing and we liked the variety. The activity would be helpful to the residents that want to participate. We do recommend families see this community for a tour for the care of a loved one.

Worth taking a look

This community has a homey feeling to it when we visited. The staff were nice and the community looked clean. They offer some nice amenities.

Needs some improvement...

My loved one is doing very well, the first few weeks were very good but the last couple of weeks not so much. This facility is very expensive, so you expect the best. Well, recently there were a couple of incidents such as the bathrooms not being cleaned and my loved one's laundry not being done even though we pay extra. As soon as I brought up the problems, they did resolve them and the supervisor even followed up with me. Other than that, we are very pleased with the place.

My mother and step father moved in here July 2016. The staff is fabulous. My folks are happy and receiving top notch care and loving interest. We are so glad we found Bennett Place.

Bennett Place was one of the first places I visited, followed by 5 other places. I kept coming back to Bennett and now I'm glad I moved my mother there.

We chose Bennett Place!

We chose Bennett Place for our parents' new home. Number one reason is that it is a secure facility, so my parents, who have been married 68 years, can stay together, even though Dad has Alzheimer's- all of the other facilities wanted to ship Dad into Memory Care and keep Mom in Assisted Living. We also LOVE the people who work there...we have only been there for a little over a week, but they are younger and seem genuinely caring, take time to explain things and work with both parents and us, The facility is clean and homey...and only has 39 apartments, from studio to one bedroom, so I feel they get more personalized attention. They can also stay there for the rest of their lives....they have graduated levels of care, so unless your loved one HAS to go to a hospital, they welcome Hospice care, and they can stay there. My sister and I looked at each other after talking to Ashleigh and Rich, and for the FIRST TIME, felt GOOD about the decision. Mom and Dad are still adjusting, of course...they are 89 and 91 and were living in the house they built in 1959 until Mom got ill and had to be hospitalized and then go to a rehab facility, so it was a difficult decision for them and for us. But my sister and I are so very thrilled with their care and the fact they are SAFE, with medical people right there, but able to still have their own space.

Ashleigh was wonderful and the place was absolutely amazing!

It's A Good Community

I am happy with the care from the staff and facility. This is a clean community for my dad and the residents. Activities are available for the residents. My dad likes the meals very much. I would recommend the community to family or friends.

Bennett Place, a Good Choice

Our initial impression of Bennett Place was of an orderly, clean, warm and overall impressive environment. These impressions have been confirmed as our sister completes a month of living there. It is more costly than our other choice but we saw our sister fitting in better here. They suggested she share a studio apt. to bring the cost down.
There truly is more privacy here, as their setup is individual apts. Yet residents are watched over and cared for as needed, while allowing as much independence on an individual basis as a resident can handle.
We are very grateful to "A Place for Mom" for their suggestions and guidance as we were at a loss of where to turn. Thank you for this recommendation. We would recommend Bennett Place to anyone in need.

Seems to be a great fit.

The first 24 hrs were the most difficult; getting all the medications into the computer system so it was known what my family member needed to take. Staff has been very attentive to her medical and personal needs. I have found each of them to be very nice and take the time to talk with me. Although my family member is probably one of the youngest residents, she seems to feel at home. We were encouraged to do anything we could to personalize her apartment.
The majority of her friends are nurses and each of them have reported they think this is a good match. It also helped that she was allowed to bring her cat as a companion.

Great Caring Place

Very caring staff. The smaller size of the facility allows you to know the staff personally and they know the names of every resident. Communications between the staff and the family is great.

Always clean, always friendly. We feel as if a lot of the staff are our personal friends. Love Andi, Robin, Rich and the remainder of the staff!

Bennett Place

The staff in this facility is excellent, the building is always clean and they do a great job of making the residents feel at home.

Best Place In Town

What a wonderful place to live! The residents are amazing and the staff is so friendly.

Life at Bennett Place

Both my mother and mother-in-law are residents at Bennett Place. From the moment we walked through the doors we knew this is where we wanted them to be. The staff is like extended family and the care they give is wonderful. Both mom's love their apartments and are always ready to go 'home' to the Bennett Place after an outing. There are things to do on a daily basis and participation is always encouraged, but optional. They bring the best out in each resident. I can't say enough good things about our experience.

Safe and protected

Mom frequently tells me she feels very safe and well cared for. Safe and protected is very important to her because her home had been burglarized twice before she came to Bennett Place.

The staff here are very competent and especially caring: each and every one of them take time to engage and listen to the residents in the kindest manner possible. Even when they are busy and close to the end of their shifts, they do not shortchange their interactions or their level of care. They even take time to address any concerns and questions I have had and also inform me when mom's behavior changes. This information freely given helps me to interact with the VA medical staff and her therapists to improve her health and well being.

The social director is amazing and keeps something going all the time. There is a noticeable decline in the level of activity when she is away, but lucky for the residents, she works more than her assigned times.

The nursing staff work very well with mom's VA home based patient care staff and encourage her to eat properly and ensure that she takes her medicine and nutritional supplements on time.

I never thought my mom would tolerate living in any kind of facility, but here she is much happier and less isolated than when she was in her home after dad passed away.

I feel confident that they provide whatever level of care my mom requires and they do so with smiles on their faces and love in their hearts. It takes exceptional people to do what they do and it astounds me that a whole group of them can be in this place at this time.

I currently work in the healthcare industry. During my visit at Bennett Place I was able to experience life through the eyes of the resident. Bennett Place provides a home-like environment for their residents. The staff is very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. This community can best be described as a family. The love within the walls of Bennett Place is undeniable. What a beautiful place to reside!

Can't go wrong here!

What peace of mind Bennett Place brings to a family with a loved one needing assistance! Every staff member, and I do mean every staff member, goes out of their way to be friendly, courteous, helpful, loving, and accommodating to residents and their families! I consider the staff to be part of my dad's extended family. His well being is their top priority! Activities abound for socialization and enrichment. I highly recommend Bennett Place!

Bennett Place

Like a big family. Mom loves it, so I love it. Great staff and facility

Wonderful facility!

The Bennett Place is a wonderful facility that is as close to a home atmosphere as possible -- the Community Relations Director is awesome -- she maintains a high level of concern for the residents and their families going out of her way to see that all of their issues are taken care of promptly. The resident that I look after needs a high level of care and the staff does a good job seeing after her needs.

really friendly

At Bennett Place they are really friendly. We have had a few issues. They had to give my father-in-aw reminders to take his medication. They were under staffed we he first got there. I think they have hired on more people now so I am hoping things get better as far as that goes.

Nice place, overall

We're very pleased with how things turned out with Bennett Place! The people here are extremely caring and professional, and I think they do a great job looking out for the residents. It's a smaller place, so the staff get to spend a lot of time with each person. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and we also really like the layout of the individual apartments.

Comfortable family atmosphere

We're very pleased with how things have turned out with Bennett Place! The people here are all very nice and friendly, and take great care of the residents. It just really has a comfortable, family atmosphere. I highly recommend them!

Home for Mom

They have been great so far.
It's been only the first week..............

So far it's been great for her.

So far it's been great for her. She likes the smaller place. It's clean well lit, with wide hallways. She isn't real happy with the food. The people are nice. They were pretty comparable in price to other places around.

Nice place!

We've had a positive experience with Bennett Place, overall! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff is friendly and professional. I would recommend it to others looking in the area!

Bennett Place is very nice

Very nice people - We have only been there 2 months but seems like he gets Very good personal care - No problems. Clean, friendly atmosphere

grandma has loved it there for couple years. but recently the food has gotten bad the service is great though.

Very nice place!

They're doing a great job at Bennett Place, I'd give them high marks across the board! It's a clean, well kept, nice looking facility, and the staff have all been very friendly. They really try to make the residents feel like it is their home, and go out of their way to make sure everyone is included in all of the activities and events.

Bennett Place provides a warm family environment for seniors needing assisted living in New Albany, Indiana. We are located in a tree filled residential neighborhood just two miles west of Indiana University’s southeast campus. We offer beautifully landscaped grounds and a private, flower filled indoor courtyard which is fully enclosed for security. Some resident rooms overlook the courtyard or nearby woods and residents enjoy the opportunities for gardening and relaxing in the sunshine.
Our community is designed to be both home like and comfortable as well as to provide for resident health and well-being.

•Wanderguard is available
•Registered Nurse is on staff 24 hours a day
•Apartments are equipped with kitchenettes
•Showers have built in safety bars as well as an emergency call system
•Both private and common areas are designed to accommodate mobility devices
•Staff can assist with health monitoring, medications and other daily needs
•Meals and snacks are planned by a registered dietician
•Lounges and the library are cozy and comfortable

Our activities director plans activities and outings according to the wishes of the residents. The most requested favorites include as Tai Chi, cooking clubs, worship services and sing-a-longs. We take also take frequent outings for shopping and dining in historic downtown New Albany. One of the highlights of the year is spending time at the Harvest Homecoming Festival in October.

We welcome both your human family and your four footed friends. Residents enjoy our family visit program and special family nights. Family and friends are welcome to dine with you in our elegant dining room and we have overnight accommodations available for out of town guests.