Azura Memory Care of Oshkosh - Oshkosh, WI

Review of Azura Memory Care

They changed the quality of my dads life. They truely shoved him love and care which brought a smile to his face that had been missing for a long time. They thought outside the box to help and accomodate him. A little love and caring took him a long way. Very impressed and happy with all the staff and special thanks to [name removed].

Paula Gibson

Thank you so much for sharing your experience of Azura with us. We try very hard to meet every resident and family where there needs are and find ways to engage them in a personalized manner to create moments of joy. We are so proud of our Oshkosh team and their INNOVATIVE approach to care!

Better Now

Since we moved my loved one to Azura Memory Care of Oshkosh her health and well-being have improved. The staff is very friendly and welcoming when I come to visit. The staff have changed and regulate her medication so there is a significant difference in my loved one's quality of life. They give her more free reign and are working with her and her needs. She looks healthier now. I call regularly and they keep me up to date on how she is doing. They walked me through their patient care plan that is based on her needs. As her needs change they will update the plan and keep me in the loop of what is being incorporated. The atmosphere here is like a home setting, not like an institution. They do have activities for the residents and she is participating. I think Azura Memory Care of Oshkosh is a good fit for her and her well-being.

Paula Gibson

Thank you for your kind words of praise. We greatly appreciate the feedback and are so honored to be able to care for your Mom. Please let us know if there are any other ways that we can be of service to her or you. Welcome to the Azura family!

To small for my mothers needs

This is a nice community it is smaller and we were considering this and one other community for my mother. The rooms are very small and there are no extras like in-house rehab. You have to arrange all of that, as well as pay for it by yourself. The residents there seemed happy we just felt it was on the small side for what my mother needs.

Paula Gibson

Thank you for your feedback and we agree our home is small, because it was designed specifically for those with dementia. It's hard to understand when you don't have this disease, which is why we use the Virtual Dementia Tour to help us walk in the shoes for those of whom we care. When you do this, you realize that big spaces are not what is beneficial for those with Alzheimer's disease or really any of the more than 70 different types of dementia. Smaller spaces help them remain independent, navigate their environment more successfully and feel supported to engage in their surroundings. In addition, we do have rehab that comes directly into the house and would be covered by Medicare if it is under Doctor's order and deemed to be appropriate for the individual. This is the same requirement of any Skilled Nursing or Nursing Home facility too otherwise it would be have to paid out of pocket, as would the person's stay which would be much more costly than our care. One great thing about receiving Rehab at Azura Memory Care of Oshkosh is that our Team will also work with the resident to do their exercises throughout the day, even wrapping them into our morning exercise routine so that everyone in the house can benefit. In addition, we find that our residents are typically able to progress farther and receive rehabilitation services longer at Azura than in a non-memory care type facility, because those who come into our home are geared toward helping those with dementia. Whereas in a Skilled Facility they are more geared toward helping those with higher cognitive ability. It's this specialized, hands-on care that truly matters. As you said, our residents seemed happy. You are absolutely right they are! Our belief is at the end of the day size doesn't matter - happiness does!

Providing compassionate care begins with a secure, warm setting. When people with memory loss feel at home, they respond more positively and interact more with others.

At Azura Memory Care our relationship-based care philosophy recognizes each person is an extraordinary individual and focuses on engagement.

Azura has earned a reputation for elevating the standard of memory care through our evidence-based, cutting-edge training called MOSAIC. This exclusive training program ensures every Team Member understands the disease process of dementia and how to effectively approach, communicate and engage those within our care to successfully help them have a joyful experience.

Our belief is that every part of our care needs to be a personalized MOSAIC of love and support that encourages our residents to live, not just exist.

We're proud of the caliber of programming we provide, and we promise you that your loved one will be cared for with respect and unparalleled support for their physical, mental and emotional needs.

Experience Azura, Experience Joy!