Assured Horizons III - Fountain Valley, CA

I would never recommend any Assured Horizons location to anyone. Look around because there lots of Board and Cares in Fountain Valley and the owner of this one only cares about your money, not your loved one. The facility advertises many programs, in reality, there are very little except for watching TV all the time. My parent hated the food; they would serve the same meals every other day and would not try to customize any meals to the preferences of those who live there. Much food was purchased at the 99 Cents store. All my parents' clothes were ruined because they don't use fabric softener and use detergent purchased at the 99 cents store. The biggest worry were the issues we had with the safety and monitoring of my parent who had dementia, lack of supervision, lack of alarms on all doors for those with dementia. Most of the staff speaks/understands very little English and is not really trained to handle those with dementia even though it is advertised as a memory facility. There also isn't a lot of continuity of care because of the high turnover in staff. Consistency is so important with those with dementia and this only added to the confusion of my parent. For example, we had to deal with at least 4 different nurses last year. Any concerns expressed to the owner would always be met with excuses and an arrogant attitude. There was never any real attempt to authentically listen to our concerns or make changes. I conferred with several other families I got to know while visiting and we had similar experiences. We eventually moved to another facility in Fountain Valley where we were treated completely differently and are now much happier.

We serve older adults with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease in all stages of the disease. We offer mild, moderate and late stage homes in order to group each individual with those who are similar to themselves. We also offer: music therapy, art therapy, animal/pet therapy and video camera monitoring. All of our therapies are based on the most current research in Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.