Arlen Manor - San Jose, CA

[Removed]was very helpful. Rooms were good sized for the starting price. I believe Gail quoted $3,900.00 +/-. Common area was a bit tight, but dining area was good sized and the outdoor area was well taken care of. I would love to have mom here if they get an opening soon.

New to Arlen Manor

We are new to Arlen Manor. My mother is very happy with her room and with the care given to her, I owners are great. We just moved here abut 8 weeks ago and it is a refreshing change from the previous board and care. They actually have fresh fruit and Veggies. All the residents are quite and mom is making new friends. I have not been there long enough to to give them all 5's but I suspect if I answered this in another couple of months my rating would be higher.

I'm Very Pleased

I have been pleased with my mother being there. I don't find any problems at all. The staff is very helpful. The cost has been great for my mother. I don't really know about the activities. When I go over there they are watching TV. They watch television in the front room so they are all together.

The lady that runs it, Gail, has been really great as far as helping me out with my mom and my mom seems to like it. She has dementia so she kind of in and out of knowing where she is but she'll say to me that she likes it. I can walk over there to visit my mom so it just worked out really well for both of us.

Lots of potential

This is actually a very good community and could be even better, but there is an issue or two they need to work out. The community is very clean and the food looks very good. The location of Arlen Manor is great and convenient. They have 1 care giver on shift at a time with about 6 residents. The managers are really great. It provides a home like setting. It is a very good community that just needs to change something to be great.

Nice cheerful owner. Rent includes l...

Nice cheerful owner. Rent includes laundry, assistance, meals, meds reorder, everything essentially. All private rooms. No air conditioning :-( The cooler of the two available rooms is furthest from the bathroom and can not use oxygen condenser outside of room so will have to put on portable to go at night. Halls are dark - could use more lights but had lights off to keep heat down as today was really hot. Small patio and deck. Other residents are older than mom and all have some dementia. Staff tries to encourage board games but residents not too interested.

must supply depends, meds, transport ...

must supply depends, meds, transport (no assistance with appts) occasional canned soup and pastas, otherwise homemade foods. Pets can visit. ONE person transfer from bed to chair.

We have a 6 bed residential care facility for the elderly (age 60 and above), located in a fine residential neighborhood. Our full time staff provides around the clock care and supervision for our residents. Our home is within few blocks of two major medical facilities. Since we are in a major metropolitan area there are many services available, like transportation, medical, etc.