American House North Senior Living - Flint, MI

Not the Right Fit

We only stayed briefly at the American House North Senior Living. My wife really liked this community. Perhaps we should have taken more time and been more objective on the level of care she needed. The person who came out to our house helped us decide on the level of care that she needed and it ended up not being enough care. Overall it is a good community. It is very clean and well-maintained. It has a warm and inviting atmosphere. Her apartment was very nice and clean. The meals that they provided were adequate. There were activities provided, but my wife was not able to engage in them. They provided transportation, but we did not require it because I was doing all the driving.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 4-star review of our community. We're glad to hear your overall experience was positive and we appreciate your feedback.

This has been a wonderful place for my mother and brother to live. I highly recommend it!

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks for your 4-star review of our American House North community. We are glad to hear you are pleased and appreciate your feedback!

called happy

I'm a new resident and I have visit there, and I went on a few trips nice and staff is very nice friendly, and building is clean
{removed]

American House Senior Living Communities

Welcome! We're so glad you enjoy living at American House North. We love having you make your home with us!

Comfort For Mom!!

I would highly recommend the American House North Senior Living community. I really like how the housekeeping maintains the whole place clean and up-kept. My mother has been participating in some activities in a level of comfort for her. The staff are very attentive and encouraging as well.

Mom and I spent a week here in 2014. One of our favorites, and a near thing, but still higher in cost than mom is comfortable with and she backed out.

Friendly, helpful staff!

We're very pleased with our experience at American House Senior Living! They couldn't have been more helpful throughout the whole process! They really went above and beyond helping us get our loved one moved in. The staff here is friendly and professional, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. I'd give them top marks across the board!

Staff And Food Are Good

The list of things that need to be fixed toilet bowl has blackmold , door is broke not being fixed. Mom isn't letting anyone in and that is part of the problem but the toilet bowl could have been taken care of at the beginning of her placement when they told the facility about it. The staff are nice and the food is good just needs some improvement with maintenance.

American House Senior Living Communities

We take any maintenance issues very seriously. If you could,
please contact me directly so I can talk to you about the issues
you're seeing and we can figure out what's going on. I look forward to
hearing from you.
Lisa Alexander, Executive Director

American House would be my ...

American House would be my 2nd. choice. They were also open and welcoming but it just didn't give me the same impression as Genesee Gardens. I'd rate it as 4.5 (4 1/2) but it is not totally up to me and the sense of more privacy with care available might be right for Glenna.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’d love to talk to you about your concerns with privacy and available care, to tell you what your options are here at American House. Feel free to call me personally — or stop by my office — and we can discuss any questions you or your loved ones may have. Thanks!

Excellant choice, good value

Very well managed, clean, well kept and excellant staff. Very affordable compared to ther facilities in the area. Good location, secluded from other commercial and residential. Not on a "thru street".

American House Senior Living Communities

I know location is pretty important to many people, so thanks for pointing out we’re in a good location – especially on a street that doesn’t get a lot of traffic cutting through. If you have any questions, let me know and I’ll be happy to answer them for you.

Amazingly helpful staff

Everything here was just fantastic! When we began our search it was a very stressful situation for my family, but one we found them American House stepped in and took control, and we finally felt like we could relax. The staff are all so professional and so helpful. They really went above and beyond helping our family, and taking care of our loved one. We would recommend them to anybody!

American House Senior Living Communities

Finding the right senior living community can be daunting!
I'm thrilled that we were able to help you in your search and make
things easier on you and your family. I hope your loved one is settling
in and having a good time! Thank you so much for your recommendation -
I appreciate it. If you or your loved one ever need anything,
my door is always open, or you can call me personally.
Lisa Alexander, Executive Director

Spoke with Lisa. I like thi...

Spoke with Lisa. I like this location. The med team services are separate so I need to become more familiar with what is needed and what I can afford. Add on selecting is challenging

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m glad to hear you like our community! My door is always
open, so if you ever have any questions about the medical services or
other amenities, don’t hesitate to stop in or call me personally. I’m
here to help!

Very nice place!

So far we're very pleased with this place! Our loved one really seems to be enjoying herself, and has been getting out a lot more than when she lived by herself in her apartment. She knows a few people at the community, and has been participating in the outings and activities with them. She tells us that the food is great, as well!
The facility itself is very nice looking, and we liked the layout of the apartment. The employees are all very friendly, and they were a big help during the move-in process.

American House Senior Living Communities

We're glad to hear the move-in process was smooth and that your
loved one is really settling in here! One of the reasons our residents
are so happy here is because of all the activities and events available to them.
Thanks for leaving your feedback -- and if you or your loved one ever need anything, feel free to stop by or call me personally.

SUPERB facility!!

Recently my family decided to place our father at American House North. My father has absolutely enjoyed being there ever since his move from a condo to the community. The staff has been exceptional in caring for him and the tenants have all been welcoming and friendly to the new addition of the community. The apartment that my father received was immaculate and very well kept and up to date, the services, trips and other offerings of American House North have made our dad feel at ease and he is enjoying the experience.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m thrilled that your dad is having a great time and enjoys all the amenities our community has to offer! We love when our new residents are happy with their move here. Please let him know that if he ever needs anything (or if you or your family have questions) that my door is always open.
[removed]

12/14/10 - I talked to this place tod...

12/14/10 - I talked to this place today and they said they can send someone - free of charge - to do an assessment of mom and dad's needs. One bedroom $1,650.00 mo, two bedroom $1,850.00 - This home is an all inclusive bundle service includes rent, three meals a day, house keeping, and the option of additional personal care based on need including showers, getting dressed, etc. provided by a medical team. The medial team is available 24/7 to all residents and all homes include pull cords/call buttons for emergency assistance. The director is supposed to call me to set up a time to meet with mom and dad.

American House Senior Living Communities

You certainly highlighted some of our best features! We do also have a Life Enrichment Director who finds and schedules all sorts of cultural and entertaining activities for our residents, in addition to the community-wide events we offer. Hopefully you have had your meeting and your mom and/or dad are now living with us — so stop in and say hello! My door is always open.
Dawn Ehle, Executive Director
[removed]

I talked to this place today and they...

I talked to this place today and they said they can send someone - free of charge - to do an assessment. One bedroom $1,650.00 mo, two bedroom $1,850.00 - This home is an all inclusive bundle service includes rent, three meals a day, house keeping, and the option of additional personal care based on need including showers, getting dressed, etc. provided by a medical team. The medial team is available 24/7 to all residents and all homes include pull cords/call buttons for emergency assistance.

Dawn Ehle, Executive Director
[removed]

Very nice community. The location was...

Very nice community. The location was serene, but near shopping area if needed. Homecare options available even though not a memory care vacility. Very pleasant tour/presentation.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your positive feedback! We do have many options for our residents — from laundry services to a dining room to a beauty salon on location — and we plan enough things to do so our residents are very active and engaged. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in your decision!
Sincerely, Dawn Ehle,
Executive Director
[removed]

Serving Genesee County community with delightful elegance at an American House value, American House North is ideally situated near family friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in greater Flint, Mt. Morris, Flushing, Grand Blanc, Clio, and Owosso. American House in Flint is also located close to hospitals including Genesys Regional Medical Center, McLaren Regional Medical Center, and Hurley Medical Center. North Senior Living in Flint provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Apartment options at North Senior Living include 1 and 2 bedrooms - all with full kitchens, private baths, and patios. Property amenities include a dining room, beauty salon/barber shop, fitness center, library, billiard room, and much more.

Restaurant-style dining is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. An Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.