We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Homecare Onsite
- Dentist Available
Alta Ridenour is about nine minutes from downtown Kennesaw by car and is served by the #45 bus. Although the city is not large, it is part of an extensive metropolitan area with lots to see, do, and enjoy.
- Walkability Score: The community has a walkability score of 44, indicating that a car is the best way for people to get around. The city has an overall walkability score of 23.
- Average Age in the Zip: 36.6 years old.
- # of Senior Housing Facilities in the Zip: There are several senior housing communities near Alta Ridenour and over 300 of options in Kennsaw.
- Average Weather: There are about 220 sunny days, 52 inches of precipitation, and only two inches of snow per year. January's low is about 30, and July's high is about 88.
- Veterans Facilities in the Area: Veterans can connect with the Marietta Vet Center. For a local option, Kennesaw State University has a military and veterans services center.
CobbLinc provides fixed, express, and paratransit services in the area. MARTA regional transit also connects Kennesaw with the metro area.
- Buses: Local and regional buses and trains take riders to shopping destinations, other commuting options, and the airport.
- Trains: MARTA provides train connections from Kennesaw to major metropolitan centers in the area.
- Taxis: Kennesaw has several taxi and car services on call.
- Rideshares: Kennesaw has several varieties of the Uber and Lyft ridesharing services, such as Uber Black.
Health and Safety
Kennesaw has urgent care and hospital services provided by WellStar, Devereux, and others. Marietta and the Atlanta area offer additional academic and specialty medical centers.
- Hospitals in the Area: WellStar KenneStone is a network hospital with many satellite locations throughout the area. Kaiser Permanente TownPark Comprehensive Medical Center provides primary care, specialty care, and emergency medicine on a 24/7 basis.
- Crime Rate in the Zip: The Neighborhood has a violent crime index of 33 and a property crime index of 35. Both are much lower than the metro Atlanta area as a whole.
Sports and Leisure
Great weather and an energetic population fuel plenty of opportunities for individual and group sports.
- Golf Courses Nearby: The area boasts dozens of public golf courses and several country clubs, including the Marietta Country Club, the Pinetree Country Club, and Kennesaw Golftec.
- Tennis Courts/Clubs Nearby: Area clubs such as Lifetime Tennis offer lessons and courts.
- Senior-Friendly Gyms Nearby: Anytime Fitness and Pure Barre are very close, and Planet Fitness or the Northwest YMCA can help seniors get into a fitness routine.
Shopping and Entertainment
As part of the greater Atlanta metro area, shoppers have a choice of local department stores and malls and metro-area specialty stores. Fans of live theater can make a special trip into Atlanta or discover local theater groups.
- Clothes Shopping: Local stores and chains include K&G Fashion Superstore, Gap, T.J. Maxx, and other familiar chains. Academy Sports & Outdoors is nearby for sports and exercise wear.
- Grocery Stores: Whole Foods, Target, Publix, and a Halal market are in the area.
- Restaurants: Eating out is a popular pastime in Kennesaw judging by the number of chain and neighborhood restaurants. Popular and familiar places like Cracker Barrel, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and Perkins are in the area, and residents won't have to travel far to find a favorite breakfast or supper place. A Dunkin' Donuts is nearby.
- Movie Theaters: The area has several major movie theater chains, including AMC and Regal. Seniors enjoy discounted tickets at these locations.
- Libraries: Kennesaw has a branch of the Cobb County library, and the Kennesaw State University Library is also available.
- Senior-Friendly Salons: Barber and beauty shop traditions persist in Kennesaw, especially for seniors. Budget hair salons are available as well, including several familiar chains.
- Attractions: Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park is a favorite attraction, as are the restaurants located near it.
As part of the Atlanta metro area, Kennesaw has a mix of traditional and modern Christian churches and other religions organizations representing Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism.
- Religious Facilities Nearby: Kennesaw has dozens of Christian churches with several near the community. Temples, mosques, and other religions organizations are also available.