Wicked Windcliff

Windcliff is advertised as a home for the elderly with dementia. Owner [removed] treats those vulnerable adults with no respect. She is a micro-manager with staff - an extremely high number of patient care assistants have been hired and quit or were fired. [removed] is a bully to those with memory and sun downers disorders. [removed]. Unfortunately, lunch is served after 1pm, dinner after 7pm. It doesn't matter if the resident is diabetic or likes meals served earlier. If you want a beautiful building for your vulnerable elderly loved one and they are in their "right" mind, Windcliff may be an option - expect to pay lots of money. If your loved one has any type of dementia, talk to ex-employees for opinions and review the Minnesota Department of Health survey deficiencies found in 2015. You will be alarmed to hear what life is like 24/7 at Windcliff. [removed]'s husband has dementia and it feels like she takes out her frustration on residents paying out of pocket that allow her to keep her home. There are far better homes or facilities in the area.

Fantastic facility

In July 2013 we checked our Dad into Windcliff, it was a godsend. In April of that year we lost our Mother and Dad was in need of a facility like this.
He was well taken care of, beyond what us kids expected, Sylvia explained the program to us and gave us a tour, plus answered any question. He even gained 10 pounds in the first few months, was taken down to the river to watch the boats, church on Sat. nights until toward the end, ice cream cone trips and even accompanied them on shopping trips to Rochester.
We tried to pick him up every few weeks and the staff treated us great, its nice to be able to talk to everyone and they were great.
I would highly recommend this facility.

Excellent facility

My father lived at Windcliff from July 2013 until he passed away in June 2015. I have been a medical professional for over 28 years. We came across information on Windcliff quite accidentally, and it was an answer to our prayers. All of my siblings had a chance to tour the facility, and meet with the owner prior to our making the final decision. As far as we are concerned, it was the only choice for our father to live. He was treated with respect and care that I have never seen before. He was catered to, kept safe, provided nutritious meals, taken to church, and any medical appointments that he needed. We were kept abreast of any changes in behavior, or if the were any other issues. He made friends there.
It was a transition for our entire family, what with losing our mother just 3 months prior to our moving dad, and him not understanding why he had to leave his home, but we could not have been happier with our choice of having him live at Windcliff. I can only hope that when it is my time to require a facility, that this one is still available.

Quality care at Windcliff

My father has lived here for over a year. He does not have dementia but needs assistance with diet, medication, and supervision from falls. WindCliff is a beautiful facility. All of his needs are met plus gourmet meals, pedicures, massages, transportation to medical appointments and haircuts. Access to owners is open. He is living with friends and loves it here. Any previous staffing turnover issues have been resolved. WindCliff is God sent for my father and our family. Do not overlook this as an option for senior living.

Truly Horrible Place

Beautiful setting & that is it! Owner is not in the business for the right reasons. She is a bully & a tyrant & experiences constant staff turnover. I would not wanr my lived one spiken to in the manner thst I have heard the owner speak to cluents & staff alike. The physical plant is gorgeous, but often unkempt & down right filthy at times. Clients routinely complain about missing mail & telephone calls & seem shut off from the world. The place is nearly impossible to get to in the heart of winter & would even be difficult for emergency vehicles to access clients as management is inept at snow removal. Serious food safety concerns abound as well as client well being issues. These elderly clients ( most with dementia) are able access cleaning products and what not as they are unlocked. Very expensive price for less than sub standard care! Looks are deceiving in this case. Run far, far away if you are considering this place!

Windcliff has met all of my dads need...

Windcliff has met all of my dads needs. Even though he doesn't think he needs any help. They have been great through a very difficult transition in our family. I love the fact that they are selective in who their clients are, so as to find the best fit for everyone living there. So glad we accidentally came across this awesome facility,