Whealdon Estates - Baton Rouge, LA

Outstanding Care

We like the care at this community. The staff are nice and caring to the needs that are requested. They offer a nice variety of meals and they are activities and my mom likes that she is able to go and have her hair done on site. We would recommend the good care and value of this community to other families.

Horrible Experience!!

Since the move to the community the general manager has been very rude to me. The staff are not attentive and do not communicate well with me or my loved one. The meals are not good they don't have any taste to them. The person that had me sign my contract with Whealdon Estates was very dishonest and now things have changed drastically putting me in a bad financial situation.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie and I work for Holiday here in the home office. It's always our aim for each of our residents to enjoy themselves and feel right at home, and I am so, so sorry to hear it sounds like this hasn't been your experience with us so far. I'd love to connect you with our resident relations team to learn more and work with you on this, if you can give us a call at [removed], one of our team members would love to hear from and speak with you. Thank you

Lack of Security!!

I was a little concerned about the lack of security they had in this community, they had multiple doors that lead to the courtyard with no alarm and only had one little lock. The dinning experience was pleasant as well as the variety of meals they provided there residents

Tender Loving Care!

The staff are treating my loved one very nice. He seems to be happy living in the community. The staff are attentive to his care needs and have good communication with him and the family. I feel that he is in a safe place and would definitely recommend the Whealdon Estates they have been providing good services.

The best place!

The community is really great. The staff is awesome and is doing a great job at taking care of my loved one. My loved one is having a hard transition, but the staff has been awesome about trying to get my loved one established. The community offers great activities and good variety of food. I would recommend them to my family.

The best for my Dad

I visited three different places for my Dad, and all three were outstanding in their own respects.

Whealdon Estates seemed to have the most active "vibe" about it as I saw many more residents out and about than I saw at the other places I visited.

It's a little bit older than many of the places, but it was clean and fresh, and the staff was sincerely focused on the well-being of the residents.

Whealdon has the right floor-plan for what my Dad needs. I believe they have three or four different floor plans depending on what you are looking for - I'm sure they can find something for you, too!

We Are Very Pleased

We are very pleased with everything this community has done for us. My mother is doing very well. She is finally getting adjusted and taking advantage of all they have to offer. They do a very nice job of keeping the facility and her room very nice and clean. The staff is caring for her very well. They offer great food and nice activities. It is very lovely community and I would recommend it.

They Helped Me Get Better

This community is pretty well-kept. The staff are doing good and help when needed. I talked to the manger about a low-sodium diet and I was told they do not add salt to their food and it is nutritious but I feel that is not enough for me. Otherwise breakfast is the best and the food is good. The community has activities available but it is not for me. I have been able to move around thanks to the community and would recommend this place.

would recommend

Whealdon Estates is a really good facility. It is an older building but they keep it very clean. The best thing about the facility is the friendly staff. My room is absolutely gorgeous. I have beautiful windows with views. I love it. The maintenance is slow to get done but it does get done. The meals are wonderful. I am diabetic though and they do not cater to that. They serve starches at every meal. I would like to have more vegetables as an option instead. I would recommend this facility to anybody.

My mom thought the people w...

My mom thought the people who she met there were extremely nice however thought the facilities needed updating.

Very friendly!

I’d give the staff a ten if I could. Our loved one doesn’t use any extra care yet. Our loved one isn’t fully involved yet, but there are plenty of activities. It’s a wonderful place and our loved one is happy at Whealdon Estates.

A warm, caring environment

We scheduled tours of several retirement facilities. Whealdon was our first, and we cancelled all the other tours after that. While the decor and finishes are clearly eighties, we found the facility bright with natural light, and every single staff person was friendly, warm, and happy. The dining room was spacious, comfortable and inviting. We had lunch there three times as part of our visits to the facility. STaff managers help serve the residents, and they know them all by name, and personality, and habits. The apartment offered my mom a full bathtub, unheard of in most senior apartments. The rooms are surprisingly well sized;mom's furniture from home fit beautifully. She has been there two weeks, and the other residents have cared for her, welcomed her, and gone out of their way to include her in the many activities offered. We are so pleased!

Uneatable food

I have lived at Whealdon Estates for five months. I love the managers, but the food is awful! If the food was better, I'd have no gripes about Whealdon Estates at all. Had I known what the food was like before moving here, I'd have chosen some other place. So much food is wasted because it is unpalatable. They have nothing for the diabetic (which I am). I furnish 95% of my food and yet I still have to pay what everyone else pays Whealdon Estates.

Spoke to mgr. Will encourage Mother ...

Spoke to mgr. Will encourage Mother to visit/move, etc... Very promising place.

Nestled in the heart of Baton Rouge, you’ll enjoy all the warmth, culture and southern hospitality of our beautiful estate. Residents can enjoy the quiet life while being just minutes away from wonderful shopping, fine dining, golf and first-class healthcare.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind