Unicity Eldercare - Ridgewood, NJ

Unicity Eldercare - Ridgewood, NJ has yet not published prices.

• 24 hour care
  • Personal Laundry
  • Meal Preparation
  • Personalized care plans

I Can Rely On Them

I used them because my dad got sick and during that time they were really fantastic.I 'm definitely going to use them again. They were really good with my dad.

Parents are doing great with this agency

My parents have used this agency and we are very satisfied. Their office staff is also very responsive and helpful. I would recommend this agency.

Mom is Great with This Home Care

I feel we are in a good place right now with this home care agency. Everything is working out well, and I'am satisfied with the services my mother is receiving from this home care agency. My mother is doing great, and I would recommend this home care agency.

Quick & Helpful

The entire team was quick to respond and happy to help me navigate what was a new territory for me.

Good Experience with This Home Care Agency

We used this this home care agency for a short time. During the time we received services we were very pleased. They did a good job with caring for my mother and her needs. I was comfortable with the care they provided her with. I knew she was safe and in good hand with the care giver.

Great company lacks empathy

The company is well-run, but fell short when it came to finding a good match for my 85 year old family member. In fact, Unicity effectively abandoned us after blaming a poor match on his attitude - he did not like the aide assigned to live in his home. We have since been using another agency that provided an aide with a great personality match.

The live in aid from Unicity Eldercare is good with my mom.

They only issue we had is that the live in aid felt she needed additional assistance with caring for my mom so we had to also hire an hourly aid. The hourly aids can be different each time and some of them only do things to help when they are asked to. I found it is not about the agency it is about the aids.

Inconsistent, Unprofessional

Before I used this agency, I had better service from another company. They were always sending the same person and had no issues with what I was asking for. This agency has not been doing that for me. I had a woman not check the water before placing my mom in it. It turned out to be cold and when I explained and showed her how to use it, she was incapable. She also did properly dry and clothe my mom. In the end she fell asleep and all together I felt she was useless and no help! I have also been getting different people every time and it's not the best care.

My Parent Are Enjoying Their Help

My parents are getting the support and help from this agency. The agency has provided two caretakers, one helps my parents through out the week and the other helps on the weekend. The staff cook meals, do light housecleaning and go to doctor appointments. My parents really like having the same familiar faces assist them daily, there is not a cause for confusion. Our experience has been very positive and I would recommend this agency.

A tough decision made easier.

It was extremely difficult for us to make the decision to bring someone into our mother's home for a few hours per day to assist with her care. We were fortunate to have been introduced to Unicity through a friend. We were impressed by the professionalism and expertise of Unicity's Director of Nursing (Homecare Division), Carmen [removed], who listened to our concerns with patience and understanding, assessed our mother's needs (and our own) and helped to provide an aide that fit our mother's situation perfectly. We are very pleased and have and will continue to recommend Unicity to our family and friends.

Good company......

I first became acquainted with Unicity Eldercare in 2011 or thereabouts. A collegue went to work for Unicity and spoke very highly of them. I began referring to Unicity. What made Unicity stand out is their speciality in Alzheimer's and dementia care. I have come to know the folks at Unicity over the years. They are hard working people and have a team of professionals who care very much about delivering quality care. Unicity does home health care and provides geriatric care management services to seniors and family caregivers in need.

The management staff is excellent and most of the aides we have worked with a pretty good. We have had one or two aides that are less reliable (call out on short notice etc.). Even when the aides did call out on short notice Unicity was able to provide backup all but one of the times, which was a unique circumstance. We are pleased with the care my mom is receiving overall.

Unicity Eldercare is a premier private duty home health care provider headquartered in Ridgewood, NJ (Bergen County). We proudly serve the senior community in the following northern New Jersey counties: Bergen, Morris, Hudson, Essex and Passaic.

Our mission is to improve the quality of life for those we serve; to enrich lives. This begins with every life we encounter; our employees, our clients, those who love and care for them, and the communities in which we operate. Our services are available from just a few hours per day to 24/7. Services are provided by NJ licensed aides fully employed by us. Services provided are customized to our clients' needs in a written care plan and are monitored and supervised by our full-time NJ licensed RNs.

Our aides perform important tasks such as assistance with transfers, bathing, toileting, medication reminders, memory exercises, errands, encourage/plan/attend social events, caring conversation and companionship, light housekeeping, laundry, ironing and meal preparation.

All of our licensed CHHAs (Certified Home Health Aides) and CNAs (Certified Nurses' Aides), must successfully pass our behavioral, competency, and extensive background checks. Additionally, all staff undergo on-going in-house training. We are proud of our specialty in Alzheimer's disease and dementia care. All of our caregivers receive comprehensive dementia training.

We are licensed by the NJ Department of Consumer Affairs and we are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Home care Agencies. We are fully insured and bonded.

We also are a Geriatric Care Management company. Our certified geriatric care managers (Registered Nurses and Social Workers) can guide and coach clients' and their loved-ones) through the aging process.