TLC HomeCare Services - South Burlington, VT

TLC HomeCare Services - South Burlington, VT has yet not published prices.

• Home Health Aides
  • 24 hour care
  • Care For Pets
  • Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness
  • Companion Care
  • Walking assistance
  • Plant / Garden Assistance
  • Mobility Assistance
  • Light Housekeeping

Terrible experience trying to use this service to provide care for a relative with alzheimer's disease. Difficult to schedule and plan care. Unprofessional and rude CEO. Quality of the providers varied. Some were kind and helpful but others were lacking in basic care skills and consistency was difficult to achieve.

Front office staff were unprofessional and made it challenging to ensure that care was provided at the right times. Multiple billing mistakes requiring excessive amounts of time to be spent trying to reconcile accounts.

Dear Lisa,

I am so sorry that you had a terrible experience working with TLC. We take great pride in our work and in our care for our clients. We try to do our best in our job and provide them with the best experience possible. I know we sometimes come up short in our efforts, but our goal has always been to improve on our shortcomings so that our clients continue to receive the highest quality care they need. Furthermore, I am terribly sorry if I came across as “unprofessional and rude” in any manner. As someone who strives hard to be able to serve our community, I take pride in representing our company and always go the extra mile to make our clients feel comfortable and cared for. If you ask anyone that has interacted with me in our community they will attest that, “unprofessional and rude,” are not a characteristic of mine. Nevertheless, I apologize for any of my shortcomings.

As for billing mistakes and errors on our part, this is the first I have heard from you of any billing mistakes. Our CFO at that time who handled your relative’s finances had over 20 years of public accounting background and were a well-respected public auditor in the finance industry. I wish you had brought up your concerns sooner for us to address them in a timely manner.

As for our caregivers, we do our absolute best to make sure that they are skills trained and tested. We only hire experienced caregivers and train them extensively before they are ready to provide care. Furthermore, reviewing the notes signed off by our nurse case managers, it appears that you had never brought the issue of caregiver lacking in skills set or the quality of care to their attention. However, I will be the first one to admit that we are not perfect, and we take all feedback to heart and find ways to make amends for our shortcomings.

I readily admit that our biggest shortcoming while caring for your relative was staffing shortage. We did struggle to find enough number of caregivers in your home area to provide 24/7 care for them. However, caregiver shortage is not only a TLC challenge but a national problem. Throughout the country, home care agencies are struggling to find qualified caregivers to provide care for our loved ones. Nevertheless, I do take full responsibility for not always being able to cover shifts when there were call outs from caregivers and putting the burden on your family to cover. I am proud to say that my team and I have been able to put new policies and strategies in place to help improve the staffing problem that we encountered. We have been working with all area agencies to address this grave issue for our state. I will be lying if I said this will not happen again or that there is a foolproof solution to the caregiver shortage. However, we have structures in place to minimize any ongoing problems and despite our team's best efforts sometimes we do fall short of meeting them.

I understand that you want to punish and retaliate against TLC with a negative review due to our interaction today in Small Claims Court. I know the ruling you wanted was not in your favor. However, I kindly ask that you take time to reflect on this review before posting it publicly. It affects more than 200 Vermonters who take great pride in their work and in caring for their clients. Their work and well-meaning efforts are tarnished for no fault of theirs. To me and my staff, every client is an extension of our family. And sometimes, families fight and bicker, but can always resolve any misunderstanding amicably without tarnishing one another’s reputation. I hope you will reconsider your review or moderate it to reflect your real grievances and not respond in a fit of anger.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any of our shortcomings and wish you and your relative the best.

Truly Yours,

Mohamed Basha, RN CMC
CEO

Very helpful. Having someone I love to do household tasks and shopping and driving me to appointments is great!

Mohamed Basha

Thank you for your feedback!

Very caring, professional and great employees!!

Top Notch

Most care givers are very good.
They are enjoyed as long as they have patience and are fair and honest.

With much thanks

I really appreciate the quality care we received by all the staff of TLC. Having [Removed] our nurse case manager was key in keeping our Meemee home safe.

Work in Progress, but Overall a Nice Home Care Agency

It has been a work in progress for my parents with this home care agency. I will say they are trying their best to work with us. This is a nice home care agency, but I do not think it the right fit for my family overall.

Mohamed Basha

I am so sorry to hear that we are not a good fit for your parents. If you could kindly give me a call at [removed] and discuss what our short comings were, I would greatly appreciate it. This will only help us improve the quality of care we are providing to our clients.
Sincerely Yours,

Happy Wife, daughter and Patient

We have only been leaving Jim at ConCord, NH TLC for about 4 different days. He was hospitalized last week as he was weak and had the flu. He was transferred to a Rehab facility, Pleasant View, for further OT and PT treatments.
We are very pleased with every person working there and Jim likes it there. So when he is back home again we will plan on continuing TLC

Mohamed Basha

Thank you so much for the feedback.

They are simply the best

Mohamed Basha

Thank you for your kind words!

They have given me great care over 10 years. The [removed name] are a God send!

Excellent in all aspects

I have nothing but good things to say about TLC Home Care!!

The caregivers are always on time, always smiling and always helping. They help around the house, cook meals and take me shopping. The administrative staff explained everything when I set up the service. This service gets my recommendation.

Mohamed Basha

Thank you for your kind words.

Left Us High & Dry

We hired TLC Homecare to provide companion care for our 89-year-old mom who is in hospice with congestive heart failure. They quit on us with just one week's notice, and refused to continue service even if our mom agreed to change her behavior (such as agreeing to use a lift to assist with her transfers). Then when one of their employees asked for permission to keep working with us individually, TLC refused to waive their standard prohibition against hiring their employees, even though they were the ones - rather than us - who had ended the relationship. Shameful.

Dear Mr Donahue,
We regret the inconvenience caused due to termination of your services. However, we must say in our defense that TLC always adhered to the procedures and contractual terms that were clearly agreed to before we started providing our services. Pursuant to the terms of our signed agreement, we did discontinue services with a week’s notice. This termination was after TLC had been providing our services for over 4 months. During this period of time we made several attempts to continue providing our services in a safe and sound manner. Unfortunately, these attempts were not successful due to circumstances beyond our control.

After much deliberation, our nursing team decided that it was in the best interest of the client, our caregivers, and TLC, to terminate the services, so that the client would be able to receive from another provider care in a safe and responsible environment. While we promise reliable care to our clients, we also guarantee our caregivers a safe environment where they can be comfortable and confidently provide the highest quality of care for which TLC is known. Our reputation rests on our ability and our promise to our clients to provide best home care there is. Sometimes this has meant that we must decline to provide services when we deem that it is not in the best interest of our clients or our employees. For the same reason, TLC is not able to release our employees to work directly for the clients. We treat all our clients and our employees under the same standards. We do not think it is fair for us to favor any one client over others by waiving our standard prohibition against hiring employees. We cannot survive as a business if we favor certain people or give our services for free by allowing our employees to work directly for clients while inconveniencing other clients who also rely on the same employee(s) and pay full service fees. That would put our mission to provide safe, reliable and affordable care to our seniors in serious jeopardy. We wish we had better options in this case but we are confident in saying that our decision, although difficult, was the correct one.
Sincerely,
Team TLC

They have done okay.

They have done okay. There have been a few bumps, but they have been pretty good. We have one person coming out that seems to be pretty good.

Mohamed Basha

Thank you so much for your feedback. Please let us know how we can improve our service to eliminate any future "bumps." Our number one priority is to make sure our clients are happy with the care that they receive from our caregivers.
Sincerely Yours,
Mohamed Basha, RN
President & CEO.

On time, friendly and caring

On time, friendly and caring, offers possible solutions to health problems, empathy and concern.

TLC Home Care - South Burlington, VT

TLC is providing excellent care givers and France gets excellent care!!! I'm very comfortable to leave to do errands as both ladies are trust worthy. They are patients with France, giving her quality time!

TLC

TLC Home Care Services has supplied aids to help my mother for ten years. She was their first customer and has been very happy with their services.

Review of TLC Homecare and Nursing

Darlene Fulton is so pleasant. Darlene is a breath of fresh air. Hardworking and kind.

Review of TLC Homecare and Nursing

Marsha Palmer is an excellent employee. Marsha is excellent. Her work is thorough and at this time in my life I just couldn't do all she does for me. I Iook forward to seeing her every other Wednesday. She is a great one!

Review of TLC Homecare and Nursing

Christana Byrd - very helpful with household chores, considered of personal family health issues. I look forward to our "conversation time" and her suggestions that benefit her client/

Review of TLC Homecare and Nursing

I can't begin to tell you how much it means to me to get away from this place, for a bit. The country ride here is lovely. We drove along the riverside farms with views of the mountains beyond and Debbie herself was delightful company.

Review of TLC Homecare and Nursing

Rose is "perfect" "unbelievable" - words I used to describe the care provided to France.

Monique - perfect, unbelievable - words Suzanne used to describe the care provided to France.

Review of TLC Homecare and Nursing

Sylvia Blakesler is a very excellent employee.

Review of TLC Homecare and Nursing

Miranda Palmer is very new. So I have not had a change to get well acquainted with her. However, she is very pleasant and helpful and I'm sure will do well. Thank you for the opportunity to complete this form. Although my personal health is quite good, I do appreciate the work these folks do and their presence as companions. They make themselves available to my needs.

Review of TLC Homecare and Nursing

Crystal is only here for the night shift but is very prompt & pleasant.

Erlene Botvell - Due to Erlene's own health issues she does the best, she is able to do. I do not expect otherwise. She is kind and thoughtful.

Review of TLC Homecare & Nursing

Colleen O'Connell - Is not worth the hourly rate Mr Briggs pays for TLC. Needs to be reminded most always. Not up to par. A nice person & respectful makes repetitive mistakes.

Kathy Polanel - Could not ask for better. Worth her weight in gold. Excellent caregiver. TLC is lucky to have Kathy.

Review of TLC Homecare & Nursing

Marsha Palmer is trustworthy, excellent job!

Review of TLC Homecare and Nursing

Heidi is the very best LNA anyone could ask for. She is very pleasant, a conscientious nurse and doesn't have to be told what needs to be done, couldn't ask for more!!! Dakota is excellent as far as taking care of her client. However, I don't think she has much experience with every day chores. She is always pleasant to be around.

Review of TLC Homecare and Nursing

Marion Moran & Pamela Watson do a way good job!

Review of TLC Homecare and Nursing

Michael Harrington does a very good job!

Mohamed Basha

Thank you for the feedback!

Review of TLC Homecare and Nursing

Marsha often surveys the kitchen before she leaves. She also takes recyclables out, also nobody asked her too. At the grocery store she usually points out the cheapest "size" of items. She keeps track of my cart. I "don't lose it" when she is around. Clients are lucky to have benefits of her previous experience.

Review of TLC Homecare and Nursing

Donna Jacobs - well liked and appreciated by client and family! No concerns or worries --- she is terrific.

Henry Graves Appiah - well liked by client and family. Does a great job!

Review of TLC Homecare and Nursing

Marsha Palmer does an excellent job! She is punctual, reliable, and flexible. Has a great attitude. And she is respectful

Review of TLC Homecare and Nursing

Carrie Barker does excellent job.

Review of TLC Homecare and Nursing

Brittany, Slyvia and Appiah are good at what they do and Mike enjoys their company when they are here. Brittany is the better cook.

Trustworthy, Dependable, Reliable...

TLC Has been taking care of my mom for nearly 10 years. I cannot say enough good things about TLC home care. All of the caregivers have been wonderful to my mother. They are indeed a God send!

Mohamed Basha

Thank you Michael for the amazing feedback. It is an honor to have been providing care for your mom.

There was a dependability issue.

There was a dependability issue. I never had a bad person come out, but they were coming from all over the state. We live somewhere that is difficult to find, and it was an issue when a caregiver would get so lost they gave up and went home. We would have a consistent caregiver occasionally, but it was often someone different. The caregivers themselves were mostly wonderful, some were better than others, but they were all nice. They were always willing to work with us. The billing is also very confusing.

Had a very nice conversation with the...

Had a very nice conversation with the Vice Pres. of TLC.Discussed it w/my brother-in-law and he will let me know when we go down there Friday. Let-s hope he will make a decision soon. Thank you for your help and concern.

Founded in 2006 by a Vermont Registered Nurse, TLC HomeCare, provides personalized home care services to people of all ages, physical conditions, and cognitive abilities. TLC HomeCare has grown to one of the largest home care provider in Vermont and New Hampshire by maintaining the highest standard of licensed, bonded, and professional care providers who are committed to providing the BEST care possible.

TLC offers quality in-home senior services including:

Dementia Care
Nursing Supervision
Transportation
Incontinence Care
Medication Management
We offer services in the home, hospital, long-term care facilities, nursing homes and other places of residence. Our home health aides are available 24-hours a day, seven days a week, and our senior home care services can be scheduled from as little as 4 hour a day to 24 hours a day.