The Wyngate Senior Living Community (Weirton) - Weirton, WV

Great Place

We toured The Wyngate Senior Living Community and the staff was very welcoming and friendly. They answered all of the questions we had and the residents that we saw seemed happy and involved. We chose another community because we needed a place right away and the waiting list here was too long.

Not that many activities...

When we toured The Wyngate Senior Living Community, we thought it was a nice place with kind people, but they did not offer the same activities as The Atrium, which is what was the decision maker for us.

My parents great care

The care at this community is great in all ways. The community is clean and the food is outstanding in all ways. My mom and dad are happy here. My mom is very happy with the activities and she is very active with the other residents. We would recommend this community to other families for care for the value and everything that is offered.

Working With Community For Improvements

The experience is pretty good but a few issues. It seems they are currently understaffed and the rooms are not getting cleaned, one person is doing it all. However, the staff are good and on top of things and taking pretty good care of my loved one. The meals are good and they are close to a hospital.

Moving Adjustment

I just moved into this community, and I hope that they can get additional help for maintenance to assist with getting things done if needed. The staff is helpful, but I am hoping that in time the there will be activities to participate in. I am sure that that this adjustment will take sometime for me to adjust to being in my new home.

kleptomaniacs

At The Wyngate Senior Living Community they do have one at least two elderly people that are [removed]. My mom will come back to her room and things will be missing. [removed] That is pretty concerning. I am not sure what they can do about that situation though really. It is something that needs to be resolved. My mom has only been there a month and I would like to be able to speak about how things are going again once she has been there longer.

Our assisted living programs have become increasingly popular because they combine professional care with homelike surroundings, reasonable cost, attractive private or semiprivate apartments, and well balanced programs of events and activities.

We provide both nurses and around-the-clock resident assistants, as many seniors often want help from time to time with such things as medications, bathing, meals, personal hygiene and dressing.

There are many benefits for both residents and their families.

Residents often say that the peace of mind they enjoy is wonderful, as new found security and support relieves anxiety and depression. There are no more hassles of home ownership - the problems of maintenance, meals, yard care, and related chores aren't distractions or burdens any more.

Instead people receive the help they need when they need it and discover the leisure and freedom to enjoy new friends and a sense of peaceful fellowship.

Just as residents in many ways find our assisted living programs comfortable and supportive, so too, do their families gain a sense of relief and well being. When they visit they are pleased that Mom or Dad is usually busy with activities, excursions, and rewarding new friendships.

It's a nice combination: Care and a sense of communtity.

We simply offer a real, less expensive alternative to not enough care on the one hand and too much care on the other. All of that plus a sense of well being and security.

One common problem among the elderly is that they often find themselves increasingly isolated. Here they can maintain the degree of privacy they wish and still experience the pleasures of sharing and fellowship with others.