The Taylor Renaissance - Davenport, IA

Wonderful community and amazing management

Everything here has been excellent. I’m actually kind of jealous of my Aunt’s apartment. It has high ceilings, hardwood flooring, and a washer and dryer in the unit. The cable and the internet are bundled together and she only pays one low price a month for both. It’s just beautiful all together. They have a lot of activities for the residents there. For Thanksgiving they had a potluck, there are dances, they’ll all read together weekly or play cards, and it’s just nice that they don’t have to stay in their rooms all day. The way this community was created, they really work on having everyone socialize. They have fabulous medical resources available and their networking with the community has been wonderful. The management and maintenance man have both been very responsive to any questions or concerns we’ve had. The management was very helpful when my Aunt was initially filling out all the paperwork, which made the whole process go by quickly. She knew upfront what to expect, what she would pay, everything was presented to her and it was very easy to process. I would highly recommend the place to anyone that’s looking for a home.

The Taylor Renaissance

I toured the Taylor while looking at living options for myself. I liked it very much, but I did end up choosing to live in Taylor’s sister community, The Jackson. The Taylor is a restored school that they have done a wonderful job on. I did find that at the Taylor, the staff were willing to be accommodating and were very reasonable. However, I did find that a lot of people there wished that they had a better loading area for move in and move outs.

Mom is joining in a lot - that's great!

The original staff is a 5. The staff has changed and they're in the middle of changing so I can't rate the new people until I get to know them better. It would be nice if they had a loading dock for when people move in but I guess that's the way the building was designed so there's not much you can do about it. My mom has been doing all kinds of stuff. I know they have dinners and get togethers. She's joining in on a lot of that so that's great. It's giving her stuff to do.