Very bad experience

I paid them a deposit for a room for my loved one, and they cancelled on me at the last minute, saying that they found someone else willing to pay more for the room. They didn't even offer me a chance to pay the new rate they had arranged with the other family. They were very rude and difficult to deal with, I would avoid them.

Nice place, overall

We unfortunately did not get to use this facility for long, but while my loved one was there I thought they did an excellent job with his care. I felt like they were tuned in to the personalities and needs of their residents as individuals.

The Grove is a private assisted living personal care home located in the tranquil and peaceful area of Lithonia, Georgia (Dekalb County). We are five minutes from Stonecrest Mall and are in proximity to Decatur, Stone Mountain, Conyers and Lawrenceville. It was founded by a dedicated and passionate nurse in the 1980's who saw a need for disabled veterans and other individuals who needed to maintain their quality of life. The Department of Human Resources has given The Grove a five star rating and the facility is set on secure and spacious grounds with its own private swimming pool and tennis court. The Grove offers comfortable furnished private and semi private rooms. Our trained staff is committed to providing the best of care to all residents and their families. And the residents are treated with the utmost respect and dignity at all times.