Sunflower Gardens - Santa Ana, CA

Staff is superb.

The staff interacts with the residents in a very positive way. They work with the resident as well as the family to make the stay as pleasant as possible. Within the last two months there as been a turnover of the activity directors position and as a result there was some disruption in the activity schedules. It appears that this issue is either resolved or in the process of being resolved. I enjoy going to the facility to visit with my spouse. I am always welcomed by the staff.

SLC Midwest

Hi Donald! Thank you for sharing your feedback; we appreciate your review of our community!

When I arrived a contagion sign was on the front of the facility. In addition I do not like showers outside of the room. On the positive it is has nice grounds and a wry positive outlook on care.

Nice Community

Sunflower Gardens was a nice community that we toured. The staff was friendly, and they gave a good presentation. Their floor plan has the residents rooms going down the hallways. This was our second choice for a place for our loved one. We chose one with a more open floor plan.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review of Sunflower Gardens. We appreciate your feedback, and while we're disappointed that we weren't the best option for your family, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Sunflower Gardens was the first senior living option I visited and [Removed] was very kind, understanding and compassionate. The surrounding property is secure as well as magnificent for the clients to walk around without feeling locked up. The rooms each have a window facing out which only adds to the feeling of "living". There are activities for the clients as well as transportation to doctor appointments. The 60,000 per year is within my price range thus making this an option. I need to do a bit more research (e.g. eventual hospice needs, power of..., as well as speaking with [Removed] doctors to ensure we are all on the same path.

What I Expected And More

All of the staff members working at the Sunflower Garden facility have just done a great job with my loved one. He has not been there long, but everything they offer is exactly what I expected and more.

Everything is good

Everything is good at Sunflower Gardens. They are a very caring group. The communication is really good here. It has been a really good experience. It gets five stars all around. I am very pleased.

Tough decision made

We were so stressed out about Dad, Mom was not sleeping well ( one eye open she said), giving him24/7 attention and care. We looked at 4 other options. Sunflower was just far and away the best. At first, it also seemed highest in cost. However, it's cost is all inclusive with one small exception. The Residence is only 5 minuets from Mom's, she drops in whenever she wants. She is always welcomed, the staff all know Dad and updates her. She'll visit, maybe eat with Dad and then watch him in a activity. She leaves with a good feeling about placing Dad there. She's still sad they aren't living together anymore, yet she knows in her heart that Dad is safe, well looked after and happy in the moment.

Anonymous

Family found the community clean and the staff friendly.
Thought the value was good for the price and the fact that it was close for them to visit was a benefit.

I am very impressed with the staff

It's very clean, and the staff is excellent. I would rather not comment on the value, it's hard to say. There have been a couple of falls, and that is concerning. I am very impressed with the staff, I like how everyone works together if issues come up. I like how affectionate they are to the residents.

Difficult choices

My mother has Alzheimer's and is otherwise healthy. We stopped looking for a place for her after visiting Sunflower Gardens. My mom has been there about six weeks now and I am consistently impressed by the number of staff members in any given shift and by the affection and warmth they give each resident. The facility is spotless with everyone from the RN who handles meds to the nice gentleman who stocks and cleans the bathrooms is empowered and encouraged to stop and chat with any resident at any time. It was a difficult decision to move my mother from the home she used to share with my dad, but the staff and conditions at Sunflower Gardens makes me realize my brother and I made the right choice for her.

Great Place

Out of all the memory care communities APFM recommend this was the best. I really liked the outside environment; it has a park like atmosphere for the residents. I feel like this place was an excellent choice. The only thing I did not like is the community room, it just reminded me of a nursing home. They do not have a separate dining room for the residents. It's a great place and if you are looking for memory care in this area you should go here. I feel like it is the best value and the best place. I would also strongly recommend A Place for Mom to help with the search.

Wonderful, caring staff. Nice facility.

Wonderful, caring staff. Nice facility.

My father has stayed at a sister faci...

My father has stayed at a sister facility - Valley View Gardens, for respite. We were impressed with this facilty this yr and last yr.

The only residential care facilities to be built with a uniquely designed floor plan for those with Alzheimer's disease and memory impairment. Each center extends over two acres of land and offers extensive walking paths, park-like rose gardens and sunny patios for the residents enjoyment. The warm, home-like atmosphere within a secured perimeter alleviates the stress and anxieties of the elderly people.
We provide the finest in personal services under the direction of qualified, licensed professionals. Our team of experienced caregivers is involved in ongoing training including philosophy of care, behavioral management and effective communication. Many of our caregivers have been with us over 10 years and understand the special needs of those with Alzheimer's and related dementias.
We offer an entertaining and individualized activities program, including cognitive and sensory stimulation, reminiscence, exercises, pet therapy, music and art. Visits from schools and churches provide added opportunities for enriching social interaction.